Dr. Roy B. Blumenstrauch

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Roy B. Blumenstrauch has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dermatologist-related: skin disease, warts, acne, rash, dermatitis, skin tumors, moles, skin cancer, psoriasis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

25/03/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.6

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Roy" to "Roy B."
RID: 1475791
29/06/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Blumenstrauch is amazing! He has wonderful bedside manner. He knows his stuff. I had a nice mole cut out of my head, and he was so gentle. My family has been going to Dr. Blumenstrauch for you years.
Paid (or co-pay): $175
Respond

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 819998
08/03/09 5 3 5 5 I've been seeing Dr. B for many years (maybe 20). He's excellent and very knowledgable; excellent people skills. I think he's a little over-booked much of the time (there's usually delays when I get to the office). I also think he's on the pricey side - but he does know his stuff! I do recommend him.
RID: 664446
12/08/08 5 2 4 4 I went in to check for cancer spots on my skin. I was amazed at the swanky office and attributes - like Beverly Hills but in Torrance, CA. Free herbal teas and skin care samples in the waiting room. Staff very nice and good attitudes. The doctor popped his head in my exam room a few times to apologize for running late- how refreshing! And he even asked "could I get you tea or a beverage while you wait.. or a magazine?" So I had high hopes and appreciated this personal kindness from the doctor himself. But once my exam started- yes it was about 2 minutes long BUT I was prepared with MY LIST of things to go over. He was literally standing in an open doorway while I was still inquiring about my medical needs. So I guess the secret is NOT to let them leave you or you follow them- with HEY I AM PAYING FOR AT LEAST 15 MINUTES OF YOUR TIME.. and say it loud enough for his other paying customers in the waiting room here you. Overall- I am not sure if I trusted his immed  Respond
RID: 594606
21/05/08 4 5 5 5 Very skillful and has the best people skills in a doctor I have ever experienced.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 267333
09/04/07 4 5 5 Dr. B is wonderful, very caring and is an excellent dermatologist. I do dog & cat rescue and he treated me for mange/mites. He made me feel okay about it and gave me a few refills on my lotion (for the future), he also freezed this huge brown spot off my face, and cleared up a life long rash on my elbow. He's awesome!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 73592
22/12/06 5 5 5 Although I've only been to three or four dermatologists in my life, I do know when a doctor knows his stuff and when he's skilled at the minor surgeries I've had him do, and in these respects I hold Dr. Blumenstruach in the highest regard. The fact that he's also a very nice and caring person is a terrific bonus. I wish all the doctors I've had in my life were this good. The minor surgeries were a mole removal from my back during a routine exam, a pyogenic granuloma on the palm of my hand; a couple of things--a minor facial lesion and a small wart on my hand--required freezing; some doctors either under-do the freezing, or over-do it (which can cause scarring)--Dr. Blumenstrauch seems to always get it right on.  Respond
RID: 31133
28/05/06 5 5 5 Dr. B performed Mohs surgery on my nose to remove basal cell carcinoma. He is knowledgeable, a great surgeon and a very caring doctor.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 12684
22/09/05 4 5 5 Excellent doctor! Have been using him for many years. Everybody who I have recommended him to is extremely happy. Specializes in cancers of the skin.