Dr. Brian R. Apatoff

5 1 3.9

You may also like

Rate Dr. Brian R. Apatoff

Dr. Brian R. Apatoff's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr Apatoff for 20 yrs... If it wasn't for him I don't think I would be here. He is one doctor that I can reach in an emergency any time day or night.. And over the course of twenty years, there have been many.. He treats me with respect at all times.. He's a superb doctor as well as a kind and compassionate doctor..

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2766462].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

Dr. Apatoff is a wonderful doctor and I have been in his care for quite some time. He takes the time with you and is always accessable. I have been fortunate to be in his care and would highly recommend him to anyone suffering from MS.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2672113].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Dr. Apatoff is truly caring and compassionate. My daughter was diagnosed at age 18 with MS and I was so surprised when I called for an appointment but Dr Apatoff actually came on the phone and talked to me for quite some time. He is so responsive to his patients and at all hours of the day and night. He has alleviated so many of our fears and we are so fortunate that he is our neurologist for the past three years. Thank you Dr. Apatoff for your unselfish dedication to your patients. We never mind if we have to wait a little because we know he always makes time for his patients including taking phone calls and adding on to his daily schedule so any wait means he is helping another patient which is what doctors are supposed to do.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2609963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

There is no better neurologist for MS in NYC - After a series of hosptial MD disasters and over -testing, Dr. Apatoff is understanding, calm and "hand-on". You might have to sit in the waiting room for 1hr + ...But i'd rather be there waiting for his expertise and treatment plans - than any other MD....HE is exceptional!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2595648].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

Sometimes i wonder what I would have done without Dr. Apatoff. MS patients, like myself, are fortunate to have such a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2590833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Yes he has a small staff and you do wait but his knowledge is unmatched and when you do se him he spends time and attention on you, that's why there's a wait. If you want codling go else where but if you want a good doctor who takes your calls he's your man

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2535657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2014

ive been going to dr.apatoff for numerous years and he is a professional,courteous ,caring doctor as well as person.i feel lucky to have my care in his hands with this disgusting disease. his office staff are just as attentive and compassionate to me ,as well as other patients that are seen.ive recommended dr apatoff to numerous people in the past in which there were nothing but positive comments about him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Apatoff for 12 years. He is brilliant and kind and has the kind of openness and clarity that only a neurologist who's been engaged in all issues MS has. He brings a certain degree of flexibility to treatment, understanding that quality of life becomes a key issue, when treating MS. Bring a book to read; he's popular, so you'll probably want to wait. Then again, in the 20+ years that I've been diagnosed with MS, no neurologist worth her or his salt in the field of MS is going to be on time!!!!! They're popular and attentive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2013

He is not a nice man, and I didn't see any of that nice bedside manner that people talk about here. What I did get was a knowledgeable guy who was dismissive of my problems, had a confrontational attitude, and wasn't pleasant to deal with. What really makes me mad is his unprofessionalism. He actually had me tell him my symptoms while seated in the same room as a fellow patient. It was embarrassing and humiliating, and I should have said something, but that aside, he should never have asked me to do that in the first place. He's a weird guy, too. Yes, he knows his stuff, but no, he's not a good doctor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2083043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2013

I always have to wait for hours beyond my scheduled appointment time to see the doctor. This is stressful and exhausting. Dr. Apatoff always seems rushed and a little distracted. So far he really has not helped me at all. He gave me the wrong advice about a medication for one of my MS-related conditions. The staff gets things wrong frequently and is sometimes rude. Dr. Apatoff "keeps his own records" which I am pretty sure could means he does not keep any; after more than a year my primary has never been able to get any notes or reports from Dr. Apatoff's office despite repeated requests via phone and fax. This worries me.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2083042].votes_count ]]