Dr. Raymonda Rastegar

Grad. Year: 1990

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Raymonda Rastegar has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Cardiologist-related: heart disease, heart problems, artery disease, arterial disease, vein problems, stents, angioplasty, coronary artery disease
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

24/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.6

18/05/14 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 5386596
18/04/14 4 4 3 2 If you want a response from Dr. Rastegar, you won't get it by postal mail or fax. You would need to see her in person. Twice, I sent her requests for prescriptions enclosing stamped, self-addressed envelopes. No response. Don't assume that she read your reports. Be sure to ask for copies and read them yourself. Don't expect a comprehensive echocardiogram; she gives more like 10 minutes when 35-40 minutes would be needed for an accurate report. Don't assume that she will prescribe the drugs that you may need. Read up about your condition and suggest what you think is best for you. I used to think more highly of her but as the months go by, I see that she has the above flaws.
RID: 2904640
10/10/13 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Rastegar for over 5 years. I am sure that there are just as caring and knowledgeable doctors out there, but probably very few. I am lucky that I found her. This statement, coming from a heart patient, means more than simple rhetoric.
Insurance: GHI
RID: 2902695
09/10/13 4 5 5 5 I have gone to Dr. Rastegar for over 5 years and have always felt that she is thorough, skilled, compassionate, approachable and I never felt rushed at all. I am comfortable asking questions and she is always clear in her answers and reassuring about my concerns. I also took my son to her when he turned 18 and graduated from a pediatric cardiologist to an adult one and she was amazing with him. When she found out, through talking to him, that he was planning on majoring in bio in college she turned his echo-cardiogram into a science lesson and totally explained and illustrated how his heart worked. He was blown away with the time she spent with him and her interest in him as a person and not just a patient. I have had my share of terrific physicians and inferior ones, Dr. Rastegar is among the best I have seen. I highly recommend her.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 2608424
04/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rastegar does not overbook, so you don't need to sit in the waiting room to see her. She is compassionate, she listens, after diagnoses with EKG or Echo she asks whether you have any more questions. She allots a half-hour to each patient. One can't ask for better than this.
RID: 2436129
01/10/12 5 5 5 5 My wife and I have been patients of DR Rastegar for more than 10 years. We find that she not only takes good care of our heart problems, but also is willing to give care and advice on other medical problems. We think she is the greatest!!!!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2381141
21/07/12 1 1 1 1 Dr. Raymonda Rastegar did not return any of my MULTIPLE calls at all. I find it sad and disappointing that a doctor can just completely ignore a patient. I feel that her behavior is appalling and unacceptable. My experience with the Doctor and her staff was just sad and caused me a lot of stress. I have never been treated so poorly. My experience with Dr. Raymonda Rastegar was nothing but a heartache.... to put it mildly. If you require a doctor that you can rely on and trust, and a doctor that truly cares about her patients, then I feel this is NOT the doctor for you. I have seen a lot of doctors in my time and I have NEVER experienced anything like this.  Respond
RID: 1507079
08/08/11 5 5 5 5 I highly recommend Dr. Raymonda Rastagar. You couldn't ask for a finer doctor and one who is punctual and cares about her patients and is as knowledgeable as can be.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 1442439

16/05/11 4 3 2 2 I was diagnosed with a tachyarrhythmia (IST) in 2009 and I have begun to worry about a specific, reoccurring pain in my leg along with rather intense levitico reticulitis. Because I am young and female, I've faced dismissive reactions from cardiologists in the past; but since the diagnosis, I haven't experienced them as often and didn't think I would with Dr. Rastegar. Sadly, I left her office with no answered questions and no sense of reassurance. The exam was brief, and I felt quite rushed to leave. (For further explanation: As the appointment was ending, I said, "So I take it you aren't concerned by my leg pain?" to which Dr. Rastegar scoffed, "No," with a wave of her hand. Perhaps she is right not to be concerned, but she never explained her reasons and, more importantly, never did anything to **actually check my legs**) On the bright side, the office staff was pleasant and the wait time was not terrible. I only wish I did not leave feeling as though I needed see someone else.
RID: 975828
30/08/09 5 5 5 5 I was very impressed with Dr. Rastegar and the quality of the examination that I received. She is a very caring, hands on doctor. I would highly recommend her.
RID: 877478
04/05/09 5 4 5 5 Went to see Dr. Rastegar because my (PCP) doctor heard a murmur which I had never been diagnosed with before I chose her based on the reviews on this website, and the fact she took my insurance. I am really impressed with her knowledge and expertise. Not only was she thorough, but she also did a workup to figure out why my blood pressure was so high, a symptom my regular doctor was perfectly content to just medicate. I recommend her to anyone looking for a smart, caring cardiologist/ internal medical physician. I made my mom visit her too!
Insurance: GHI
RID: 797794
23/02/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rastegar: YOU WILL NEVER FIND A BETTER, MORE COMPASSIONATE, GENIOUS OF A DOCTOR! There's nothing more to say.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 646742
24/07/08 5 5 5 5 My wife and I are patients of Dr. Rastegar. She has served us in emergency situations as well as regular visits. We feel there is no Dr. that is better.
RID: 401181
11/09/07 5 5 5 5 Have been a patient for about 15 yrs. You will never find a better and compasionate Dr. anywhere in the world! I adore her!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 72063
18/12/06 5 5 5 Wonderful and caring. Always on time. Really listens to you and puts you at ease. I'm lucky she was referred to me. Very professional and thorough.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 12666

22/09/05 5 5 5 Excellent compassionate cardiologist. Not rushed, very attentive and patient, and clearly knows her stuff cold! A great choice.