Rate Dr. Wes Woychuck

Dr. Wes Woychuck's Ratings

My son has seen Dr. Woychuck in emerg. a few times (stitches, broken bones, allergic responses, etc). I like his bedside manner and his ability to relate to the kids during treatment. He is knowledgeable and kind and takes times to explain what the matter of steps are. We never feel "talked down to" or confused by his conversation which can sometimes happen in these types of situations. He is calm and attentive in his approach and I am relieved when we go in and he's handling incoming from an ER perspective.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083278].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

My mom used to work with him years ago and always talked about him, said he was great. Three years ago I had a serious nose bleed from a facial trauma (punched pretty square in the beak). Went to ER after a nasty bleed out an saw a different doc, not gonna say his name but my mom also worked with him in the past. Well he sent me home saying nothing could be done since the bleeding had subsided. Next night major bleed out occurred, lost consciousness in ER and WW was on duty, thorough exam, questioning , X-rays and bingo severed artery followed by nasal surgery . Lost over half my blood in a short period, kinda pissed at the other guy because had I been alone during this incident I may well have died or suffered a way worse outcome. Thumbs up to him that's for sure! I NEVER go to the doctor but I knew something was seriously wrong and it didn't take him long to figure out what I thought most doctors would.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083277].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2014

Absolutely amazing physician! Calm and patient and very empathetic

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083276].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

This is the doc you want on duty if having to go to emerg. Excellent care, empathetic, approachable, knowledgeable. Also treats the nurses/staff with respect - always a telling sign of one's character

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083275].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2013

My 2 year old son was treated by Dr Wes Woychuk during an all night emergency visit. Dr Woychuk was extremely helpful, patient and thorough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

How lucky can I be ? Well 3 ER visits and I see Dr Woychuck 3 times. Even tho he is always busy he take the time and cares about my injuries. If I every have to go to the ER again I hope he is there. But then again I hope I never have to go back. Some days I have the worst luck !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2012

Dr Wesley Woychuk is the doctor who treated my disabled mom when she was admitted to Emergency at KGH last Mother's Day. He is an angel in disguise. She was admitted with acute pain in her back that was so bad it woke her up at 2am in tears. The ambulance brought her in and he easily could have dismissed it as her usual back pain due to a previous injury, pumped her full of pain medication and sent her on her way. Instead doctor took a full history and ordered a bunch of tests. And then he actually diagnosed her! It turns out she had an infection in her spine and needed to be treated with steroids. This man is brilliant and a godsend. Kelowna is lucky to have him in the ER and we need about a hundred more just like him. Dr Woychuk PLEASE open up your own practice soon!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012

very comprehensive and thorough, listens and addresses concerns promptly covering all avenues. excellent, knowledgeable and very compassionate. if he had a practice, i would change doctors to him without question,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2012

I think Dr. West is one of the Best Dr.'s out there in Kelowna, BC.. I'm a nurse myself and very picky. Now living in the United States again and I wish he was here. Yes, he has the best side manner. Promp and always listen's..I am at Burnswick Hospital in North Carolina and I wish we was here..Too all the people in Kelowna you are lucky you have him..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2009

Dr. Woychuck is an amazing doctor!! I have lived in kelowna all my life and have seen him on more than one occasion. He is always compassionate, knowledgable, and is very symathetic. Even when it is busy in Emerge, he blocks everything else out and focuses on the patient. He is extremely thorough, and if he even has the tiniest inkling that something is wrong he wont hesitate to order tests to rule it out. He is extremely knowledgable and has great bedside manner!! If you ever need to go to KGH ER, you will be extremely grateful if you got woychuk. Overall an amazing doc!! Way to go Wes!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083269].votes_count ]]