Rate Dr. Thomas C. Blevins

Dr. Thomas C. Blevins's Ratings

I've been fortunate to be a patient of Dr. Blevins for over 20 years. He is the best. I see him for thyroid issues and low bone density. Dr. Blevins doesn't take new patients, and for a reason -- he is so good that patients lucky enough to have him as their physician never leave. On hearing that I'm a patient of Dr. Blevins, more than one physician has said "he's super smart." Dr. Blevins is thorough, patient, and explains things clearly. I have heard great things about the nurse practitioners in his office (Texas Diabetes & Endocrinology), so if you can't see Dr. Blevins ask to see one of them.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2430739].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

I have been a patient for 10 years. Doctor Blevins has a great bedside manner. Always comes in with a big smile, takes his time with me, and answers questions. Very personable and kind. Because his practice is so large, usually only get to schedule appointment about once every 7-8 months; during other times see his clinical nurse specialist, who is highly knowledgeable. She makes very effective changes to treatment medications and writes prescriptions. Very please with her and all staff. Practice is well managed and never wait for more than a few minutes to take vitals and then within a few more minutes see the doctor or clinical nurse specialist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2430738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

90% of the visit is spent with Dr Blevin's assistants who are RN's. They do the exams and provide their diagnosis to Dr Blevin's who then comes in for the last 3 minutes and rubber stamps what ever the R/N's put forth. So who are you really seeing? They are also too quick to throw drugs at problems; case in point... I started seeing Dr Blevins and was taking 1 prescription, every other visit I complained of new problems and within 9 months I was taking 5 prescription; one for each "new" problem. It was clear to me that the existing meds were the direct cause of the new issues but Blevin's & crew failed to make that connection. I stopped seeing Blevins 5 years ago, I no longer take any medications and I have never felt better or have been healthier.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][875789].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

While I did get seen once by Dr Blevin every time I visited this office I saw different providers. Several of the providers were moving to another office so I understand it on occasion but it happened repeatedly. I felt like a number not a person in this busy office. I have chosen to look elsewhere for care as I was not pleased with the care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][875788].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2011

I love Dr. Blevins. He has helped me for years and he is very kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][875784].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2010

Dr. Blevins is incredible. Knowledgeable, friendly, kind and compassionate. I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][875787].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2009

Wonderful doctor! The best endocrinologist in Austin!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][875786].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2008

Dr. Blevins is the best endocrinology doctor I have ever seen. He will spend as much time with you as you need; therefore, he is sometimes a little late with the appointment. He is cheerful and always has a smile on his face. He is always on the list of top endo doctors in Austin. Since he is such a great doctor, it is sometimes hard to get an appointment to see him. He was my doctor for 14 years and I have not found another doctor like him since I have moved to another city. He truly is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][875785].votes_count ]]