Rate Dr. George Luciuk

Dr. George Luciuk's Ratings

I was not impressed with Dr. Luciuk. I came to this site to look for other allergists and thought I would see what other people said about him. I was happy to see that I wasn't the only one who found him quite rude and unhelpful. Frankly, anyone can apply the test solutions and look for reactions, what you really need is explanation and helpful advice which is not what I received.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2737437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

I found Dr Luciuk to be very professional and thorough. He wasn't extraordinarily friendly but he did his job well and that's what matters. He listened to my concerns and gave me reasonable advice and options and wasn't pushy. He seemed to have a dry and sarcastic humor but that didn't bother me. His staff was also very friendly and organized as well. Overall a pleasant experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2734337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Waited about a year to see this doctor, I've had nut allergies for a while and wanted to check if I was allergic to anything else as well. saw him in 2013 and haven't been back since for many reasons, it was one of the worst experiences ever! No offense to him, he's probably a great doctor but he needs to work on his attitude! his staff are kind and awesome. But, he was too quick with everything, and had poor manners. He was a little rude when I was explaining things. He didn't even explain the Wheat, corn, and nut allergies I tested positive for, he just said "just avoid anything with those ingredients" ... he needs to be more patient and care for his patients. Never going back, was NOT impressed..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2734053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

After going to so many Doctor's who didn't know what was wrong with me, i finally got sent to Dr. Luciuk. He found environment allergies which was causing me to get sick in the office building where i worked. He has supported me in trying to get me accommodated, gave a note explaining why and will start allergy shots soon, to get rid of my allergies for good. One Doctor wanted me to go to a shrink because he thought it was in my head. I even started to doubt myself. If it wasn't for him, I don't know what I would have done. He wasn't overly friendly but not rude either, more on a professional manner. I'm okay with that. Because of him, I believe that I will get better and I have the support from him for my place of employment who have been harassing me because of my illness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2729195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

Dr Luciuk was the worst Doctor I have ever been to BY FAR. When he asked me questions he expected a 1 word yes or no answer, period. He didn't let me explain anything without a lot of eye rolling and sighing, and he was EXTREMELY condescending. After the first 5 mins of being in a room with him I wanted to bolt out the door. Instead, I picked up on his angry cues and just gave him the answers he wanted to hear. I left with no new information other than a huge sales pitch to buy a bunch of featherless blankets from downstairs... even though I told him that my blankets weren't even made of feathers in the prescreening. Let alone being the worst doctor I have ever met, he was probably also the rudest person I have ever met as well.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2705673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2015

He was very impatient, quick to get us in/out of the office. The staff are dismissive & somewhat scared for the Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2699896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

I took my daughter to get tested for food allergies and while his staff was very friendly, his bedside manner was seriously lacking. I asked him a few questions about her results and he made me feel like I ws stupid and being a bad mother for not knowing. They were really quick and on time but I felt like he was ready to get us out of there and didn't want to waste any time answering questions. It would've been nice if he had even just sat down in the room to explain the results rather than just towering over us, talking louder and louder...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2675424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2015

My 2 girls and I have seen Dr. Luciuk. I have seen 2 other allergy specialist and a dermatologist and none of them agreed with me that food can be the cause of my eczema. I didn't want to take more steroids and wanted his opinion. Dr. Luciuk, agreed and even told me that most Drs prescribed steroids and never think that food can be the cause. He patiently explained the relation between environmental allergies ( that I have) and food and how cross-reaction worked. He looked at all my tests and documents I brought to his office and said he didn't need to do a test. I am sure, another Dr. could easily give me the test and charge for it without really need it. He answered to my questions and help me understand that natural foods aren't good for me at this time. I reccommend Dr. Luciuk. I think that the secret to have a good communication with your Dr. is how you approach the conversation and how prepared you are to agree or not with his diagnosis. We have the right to question and receive answers but the way we use or react to the Dr.'s comments are key to the whole visit. Also, the first time I saw Dr. Luciuk I got lost and his kind assistant guided me for a good chunk of time until I feel happy and confident to find the office on my own. ( I was impatient on the phone and she was very patient and kind)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2645032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2014

I HATE HATE HATE this place all they want is my money and they cant even get a simple recipet right... and they make u pay for a new one $10 ... and its hand written its such complete bullshit.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2514965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

It must be difficult for him to be a pediatric allergist that so obviously hates children and cannot understand their anxieties and fear. For a Dr. to ask a parent to take a crying 2 year old out of the room when he's trying to convey information is understandable, however to do so with a contemptuous attitude and snide comments such as "this is crazy" and "my way or the highway" is the height of arrogance and hubris. When I commented that my daughter was just a scared 2 year old, his response was a statement on the value of his time. As if that should be something I should care about when it's my insurance PAYING for his time. Even if his knowledge is good, which I don't know, his obvious contempt for people, his unwillingness to spend ANY amount of valuable time with his patients, and his 'holier than thou' attitude make any conveyed information suspect. Do yourself a favour and move on to the next Doctor. One who actually cares about people.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2464325].votes_count ]]