Rate Dr. George Luciuk

Dr. George Luciuk's Ratings

I HATE HATE HATE this place all they want is my money and they cant even get a simple recipet right... and they make u pay for a new one $10 ... and its hand written its such complete bullshit.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2514965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

It must be difficult for him to be a pediatric allergist that so obviously hates children and cannot understand their anxieties and fear. For a Dr. to ask a parent to take a crying 2 year old out of the room when he's trying to convey information is understandable, however to do so with a contemptuous attitude and snide comments such as "this is crazy" and "my way or the highway" is the height of arrogance and hubris. When I commented that my daughter was just a scared 2 year old, his response was a statement on the value of his time. As if that should be something I should care about when it's my insurance PAYING for his time. Even if his knowledge is good, which I don't know, his obvious contempt for people, his unwillingness to spend ANY amount of valuable time with his patients, and his 'holier than thou' attitude make any conveyed information suspect. Do yourself a favour and move on to the next Doctor. One who actually cares about people.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2464325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

Dr. Luciuk's office is more like a cookie cutter allergy testing lab than anything else. After several attempts to seek help there, I can only conclude that the treatment is cursory and off-handed. I have a life-threatening allergy to I am still not what. He gave me an elimination diet that looked it it was typed out in the '70s and sent me packing. When asked about follow-up, he actually said, "I have better things to do with my time ... and you have better things to do with yours." As things transpired, I didn't react to any of the foods on his diet, but he will never know that since he refused a follow-up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

found Dr. Luciuk to be arrogant, condescending, rude, abrupt, and god forbid you asked him a question! I do not recommend him to anyone. He's got a chip on his shoulder. Get's bent out of shape if you ask a logical question. He cuts you short and extremely routine like in his mannerisms. He has a personality of a rock. I'm guessing a bit of a male chauvinist. Not a happy man,gives you a bunch of hog wash.When you don't have an allergic reaction to the test, he picks at straws and somewhat makes one up! Nonsensical. Sure promotes the covers sold downstairs from his office though. Very rash. Easily annoyed, should retire. Be prepared not to say anything except Yes Sir! Remember he is only a Dr. not God, and they do make mistakes too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2011

they gave an appointment of 7.15am and then their office is closed when you go there.can't get them on the phone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Had no time for me to listen to my history. did the regular tests. I told him that it was food that causing the problem. he insisted it was dust and pollen and sent m epacking.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083336].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2010

I have a number of environmental allergies and saw two other allergists in Vancouver who could not help my allergic asthma. Dr. Luciuk tested me against a panel of common environmental allergies and found that I reacted slightly to molds. He decided that he should test me on a further panel of a larger variety of molds, that's when I was found to react to 4 more rare molds that caused my asthma. Since then I have weekly allergy injections with three vials, one of them contains all of the molds. Within 3 months I did not need any medications (by inhalation or as pills). Had it not been for Dr. Luciuk's thoroughness, I likely would still be on all of the inhalers, drugs and antihistamines. Now I know that I am basically controlled with my allergies, but I still have the option to fall back on the drugs, in case of an asthmatic reaction. I know that my lungs are protected by the allergy injections as recent pulmonary function tests showed figures much higher than is normal for my age.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010

I was instructed to call the office of Dr. Lucuik 10 days prior to my appt. Staff asked a few questions of me and gave me clear instructions. The receptionist was clearly spoken and professional. My GP set up the appointment for me with Dr. Lucuik, who travelled to Ucluelet to see patients. My appointment was 1 1/2 hours in duration, and started on time. Dr. Lucuik explained my allergies,including the testing and answered all my questions in a calm, and gentle manner. The prescriptions given were explained fully.For my food allergies,Dr.Lucuik recommended a basic diet for five days to be followed by adding foods back into my daily diet. I felt included in the process and with my care. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Lucuik to anyone with allergies who is interested in receiving intellegent and comprehensive guidance for caring for their health.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2083334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

Rushed test explanation, scribbled on page, saying watch envirinment from Feb to Nov. (Oh great!) Will inject serum if I want. Got copy of report from family Dr. The info was confusing with Luciuk's verbal office comments. Said serum contraindicated with atenolol, but in office explanation he said serum OK. Asked about food allergies and wants $75.00 for testing.Got apptmnt with another allergist at NO charges!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2009

Best allergist I ever had the pleasure of knowing as a long standing patient. Totally agree. You don't get that busy if you are not very good. Care by him has always been the best. If you have trouble grasping concepts then bring another "head" with you to the appointment and takes notes. He says an awful lot in a condensed time frame. Often more than you might be able to grasp. That is probably what happened to those few out of context comments earlier. They got lost but didn't want to admit it. Be prepared. He is very good at what he does.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2083332].votes_count ]]