You may also like

Rate Dr. George Luciuk

Dr. George Luciuk's Ratings

My daughter suffered from eczema since she was born and she's now almost 3. I have been to a pediatrician and another allergist. They all gave her steroids and said that food is not related to eczema and there's no cure. I decided to test her again after 1 yr had past. Test shows she is severely allergic to peanuts and quite a bit to dust mites. The first thing he asked me when he saw me was whether i give her gummies/candies that contain dye. He said dye is very bad for eczema, especially red dye. After the tests, he told me to buy encasing for the bed to prevent dust mite. He also explained that soy (which triggers a horrible eczema flare all over my daughter) is related to peanuts, hence her eczema. Also shrimp/crab is in the same family as dust mites, hence her eczema after eating. I have had more information from him than any other physician. He did not prescribe any more steroids. I think he is to the point and does not waste time. If you want a doctor who makes you warm and fuzzy,.. he is not the one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2832960].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

You wait forever to get into the office and then you wait forever at the office for your appointment. And then he doesn't explain any of your unusual test results, just saying "if you're nervous don't eat it".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2803400].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Absolutely terrible. I have been waiting months to see an allergist. I've schedule an appointment more than 4 months in advance and have been counting the days to see this Dr. Two weeks before the appointment I received a call saying that the doctor was not available on the day I booked, and they wanted to re-book me for 4 months later.

This is a complete disregard for the patient, do not even bother seeing them.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2788091].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I went to Dr Luciuk to get tested for a potential deadly allergy to laundry detergent. He was actually nicer then my last time I went there.

But the office is still in the dinisor age of facing documents and do not use any email to send documents to patients. WARNING THE DOCTOR WAS CONTEMPTIBLE TO WORK ON A DIAGNOSE WHICH WOULD ONLY TAKE A COUPLE OF MINUTES TO FILL OUT.

There is a staff member there I call nurse ratchet from the movie one flew over the cookies nest (she is evil and likes to lord over you when a mistake is done).

My impression this place 1. dr Luciuk needs to retire 2. The staff need to go to counciling from being bullied from him. 3. The evil nurse needs to get her license revoked for her neglectful attitude. 4. They grab money at all costs which cost me 799.99 after this visit.
This office needs to be redone and with a better doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2787897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I was not impressed with Dr. Luciuk. I came to this site to look for other allergists and thought I would see what other people said about him. I was happy to see that I wasn't the only one who found him quite rude and unhelpful. Frankly, anyone can apply the test solutions and look for reactions, what you really need is explanation and helpful advice which is not what I received.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2737437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

I found Dr Luciuk to be very professional and thorough. He wasn't extraordinarily friendly but he did his job well and that's what matters. He listened to my concerns and gave me reasonable advice and options and wasn't pushy. He seemed to have a dry and sarcastic humor but that didn't bother me. His staff was also very friendly and organized as well. Overall a pleasant experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2734337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Waited about a year to see this doctor, I've had nut allergies for a while and wanted to check if I was allergic to anything else as well. saw him in 2013 and haven't been back since for many reasons, it was one of the worst experiences ever! No offense to him, he's probably a great doctor but he needs to work on his attitude! his staff are kind and awesome. But, he was too quick with everything, and had poor manners. He was a little rude when I was explaining things. He didn't even explain the Wheat, corn, and nut allergies I tested positive for, he just said "just avoid anything with those ingredients" ... he needs to be more patient and care for his patients. Never going back, was NOT impressed..

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2734053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

After going to so many Doctor's who didn't know what was wrong with me, i finally got sent to Dr. Luciuk. He found environment allergies which was causing me to get sick in the office building where i worked. He has supported me in trying to get me accommodated, gave a note explaining why and will start allergy shots soon, to get rid of my allergies for good. One Doctor wanted me to go to a shrink because he thought it was in my head. I even started to doubt myself. If it wasn't for him, I don't know what I would have done. He wasn't overly friendly but not rude either, more on a professional manner. I'm okay with that. Because of him, I believe that I will get better and I have the support from him for my place of employment who have been harassing me because of my illness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2729195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

Dr Luciuk was the worst Doctor I have ever been to BY FAR. When he asked me questions he expected a 1 word yes or no answer, period. He didn't let me explain anything without a lot of eye rolling and sighing, and he was EXTREMELY condescending. After the first 5 mins of being in a room with him I wanted to bolt out the door. Instead, I picked up on his angry cues and just gave him the answers he wanted to hear. I left with no new information other than a huge sales pitch to buy a bunch of featherless blankets from downstairs... even though I told him that my blankets weren't even made of feathers in the prescreening. Let alone being the worst doctor I have ever met, he was probably also the rudest person I have ever met as well.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2705673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2015

He was very impatient, quick to get us in/out of the office. The staff are dismissive & somewhat scared for the Dr.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2699896].votes_count ]]