Dr. James Edward Stone

5 1 4.9

You may also like

Rate Dr. James Edward Stone

Dr. James Edward Stone's Ratings

Dr.Stone did a posterolateral reconstruction on my knee march 2014, which I was told is an uncommon procedure. He eased all my concerns & worries by answering all my questions. Whilehe was performing the operation he found another ligament that was damaged as well so he fixed it. I'm sure other surgeons would have left that for a later date to make more money. He has genuine concern for his patients. I did my physio at rebalance, he was walking by on his lunchbreak & took the time to come & see how things are going. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him or the rebalance group witbout hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2808242].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Dr Stone performed a TKR on me last year. It took a long time to get in to see him but I have no regrets that he performed the surgery. He is very professional, comes into the room informed of your condition and spends as much time as needed to answer all your questions. He is a highly skilled surgeon. After about 40 years.of knee injury and abuse, there was a lot of damage to.deal.with. With his help.and the help of the Saanich Peninsula rehab specialists, I was back golfing within 3 months. I would have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Stone to anyone needing knee surgery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2688206].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2015

Initial office consultation very impressed with manner and information and non-rushed time spent with me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2636339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2014

Dr. Stone Replaced both knees one four years ago. left knee two weeks ago I am walking normally. if i ever need a hip Dr Stone will be doing it . Best surgeon in canada.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2581652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

I agree with all the positive comments below. Dr. Stone works out of Rebalance MD, a one stop shop for all Orthopaedic needs in Victoria. Dr. Stone replaced my left knee at the end of October. The prior office visit, the surgery and post op care (so far) have been great. The right knee is next. Hope all goes as well as this one seems to be going.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][876005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2013

Dr. Stone replaced both of my knees. When I first met with him re the possibility of surgery, he answered all my questions, provided info that gave me new perspectives, and was warm and approachable. He is a top-notch surgeon: Both surgeries went well, and post-op care assisted me to stay on top of the pain. Dr. Stone's skill, combined with the post-op physio regimen, has resulted in my regaining mobility lost decades ago due to a very bad fall. I would recommend Dr. Stone to anyone in the Greater Victoria area.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][876004].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Nothing to say that hasn't been said. Great surgeon, caring, informative, what more could you ask for. You are in good hands in his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][876003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2013

Dr. Stone was the on call Ortho when i walked in with a suspected infection of a previous knee scope. Pulled infected fluid off my knee with me screaming like a crow! He then called the hospital for an Emerncey scope booking and he let me stay in his office until the hospital could come up with a bed (45mins).Excellent. I would use him again in an instant!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][876002].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2012

This winter, I ended up breaking my fibula, naviuclar and shattered my patella. I hadnever broken anything before and did not have family in Victoria. At the hospital I wasquite nervous and scared. Dr. Stone did a great job answering all my questions in a calm manner even meeting me in my hospital room before and after surgery to check on me. A very nice man, and a great surgeon! I have had no complications with my surgery and new equipment in my limbs and had a very quick recovery. I am back to jogging an all my old activites No one wants to have surgery but if you have to, you will be very lucky to have Dr. Stone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][876001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2012

Great doctor,he fixed my ankle after a year of other doctors saying that I had nothing wrong. i ran the run for the cure two weeks after surg.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][876000].votes_count ]]