Rate Dr. Mavis Hollman

Dr. Mavis Hollman's Ratings

Mavis is very passionate about what she does, and tries to help as many people as possible. Unfortunately, she ends up being quite late for appointments (usually 45min-1hr), as she seems to always be overbooked with appointments. Her staff are usually quite friendly. All of the examination rooms could use a deep organization and cleaning. There are always old, well-used magazines, and lots of clutter throughout the room (papers, pens, old containers) scattered on the table. All that being said, Mavis is a very rare doctor - she actually cares about her patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Mavis is the best doctor in the world. I've had her since I was a child. She has the nicest eyes and has a great style! She is very caring and honestly so. Could never say a bad thing about her. She's amazing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

she is wonderful and spends time with you so you feel like you have her undevided atention. she is very thourough and makes sure that she covers all the bases.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2010

I don't have Mavis as a doctor. I'm the one who serves her in a customer based setting. She cares,she's respectful, she's loves her job. She is what people read about for the old fashioned Doctor who makes house calls. She spends a small fortune to give back to her cliental. A wonderful woman, she always makes me smile no matter how busy she is.The woman deserves a medal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2009

Mavis has been my doctor since 1988. She is fabulous. She is a real friend as well as a good doctor to all her patients. I don't have to deal with her staff or latness because she always does home visits for me and my family. If my child is sick or I had an infection after surgery and I phone her even on a holiday, she comes running. If her patients are depressed, she has been known to deliver gift baskets or given them concert tickets, which can be very theraputic, to cheer them up as well as treats them with the proper medication and specialists. I worry about how overworked she is though. But no matter how hard she works, her patients come first. Way to go Mavis. Best doctor I've ever had.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2008

Best Dr I've heard or seen. I'm happy she took my children and I despite her work load. Runs late account of being personable and sincere but its worth it..If running late call desk for her eta and show up then, thats ok. New patient so more later...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2008

Not enough DR's in Kamloops which makes all present Dr.'s overloaded and running late.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083449].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2008

I have been a patient for 22 years. She is Kind and understanding, and really cares about her patients. But she is cronicly late as she takes on more than she can chew (she tries to help EVERYONE. If she doesn't know what's going on she sends you to the specialist ASAP. Very good Doctor. Her staff though is another matter, they are rude, and gossipy. they have NO bedside manner and gernerally seen to not care about the people they are there to help. everytime I go to the desk they are busy gossiping about paople and stuffing their faces. they need to ship up, it might make the wait times go down.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2008

she is a very caring and understanding doctor she has excellent bed side manners

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083447].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2008

I really like Mavis Hollman. I don't like the long long waits to see her, but I don't feel rushed when I am in her office. I also like the fact that she admits she doesn't know everything and refers to specialists. I would rather have a doctor that is pro-active than one who says is too laissez-faire. My only complaint would be her office staff who tend to lose test results and seem really confused (and not very friendly). I really wish the front staff would be more careful with test results, phoning me back when I inquire about test results and general office tidiness and effectiveness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2083446].votes_count ]]