Dr. Paul R. Calat

Dr. Paul R. Calat

Rate Dr. Paul R. Calat

Dr. Paul R. Calat's Ratings

I would like to correct the previous review, what I meant to say is that the healing process is going quite well. I will mention once again that Dr. Calat and his staff are wonderful!

Submitted July 14, 2014 | flag

In May of 2014, I had 2 cysts removed, bone grafting and 2 extractions, and I was nervous about the surgery, but at the initial consultation, after the x-rays were taken by a very nice assistant, Dr. Calat went over them with me and answered any questions I had. I found him to be very professional, patient and caring. Thanks to him and his assistants, the procedure was painless and there was also very little pain afterwards. I have gone back for post operative follow-ups, and the healing process is proceeding quite and I'm sure it's because of Dr. Calat and his team team's expertise. I truly recommend Mid-Manhattan Oral Surgery, Dr. Calat is really a talented surgeon. p.s. the front desk staff is also very courteous and professional.

Submitted July 14, 2014 | flag

When I found out I needed to have my wisdom teeth pulled not only was I not excited I became a huge baby about the whole situation. I am a big guy who played football and people close to me would say I am fearless. The day before my procedure I was like a baby scared and nervous and clinging to my mommy. Then I got to Dr. Calats office… His kind staff, the friendly environment and his professionalism put me at total ease. The morning of the procedure, Dr. Calat walked me through everything step by step as I had requested. His staff even allowed me to choose the Pandora station I would be listening to during the procedure. Between his steady hand, Soothing voice and expertise in the field I could not have had a better experience. I am not one to write reviews on the internet and I don’t think I have ever really appreciated a Dr. Appointment or surgery until my wisdom tooth experience. Thank you Dr. Calat and Team!

Submitted June 3, 2014 | flag

Dr. Calat is one of my favorite doctors. He did tooth extraction and dental implant for me last year. I had several visits with him during the seven months period and really appreciate his outstanding surgeon skills. The pain for both procedures were minimum and recovery was fast too. I wish that he is my general dentist or physician! He is the only out of network doctor I use and definitely worth the extra I have to pay. I highly recommend him!!

Submitted Jan. 6, 2013 | flag

I had an excellent experience quite recently. Came in within an hour of calling for emergency work. The staff addressed me courteously and professionally immediately and Dr. Calat was beyond professional, kind and approachable. He spent time answering all my questions thoroughly and patiently. Truly a stellar example of a medical professional.

Submitted Oct. 13, 2012 | flag

Dr. Calat and his staff are amazing, I had an Implant placed in July, Never had any pain. The procedure took less then an hour,and Dr. Calat keep me calm.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2011 | flag

Late & Dirty. depsite repeated confirmation by the Dr Office - the Dr is consistently late by as much as 90 min. Office is very dirty as well. several tools looked to be unclean & non-sterile.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2011 | flag

Dr.Calat is the best oral surgeon!My husband was very nervous and embarrassed about his teeth. Dr. Calat walked us through every step of getting his his teeth extracted,Called us many times at home and even gave us his cell phone number. My husbands teeth were VERY BAD!!! and all had to be removed. Not once did he feel humiliated or embarrassed by Dr. Calat and his staff...I researched many dentists in my area (central NJ) and decided to go with Dr. Calat at Mid Manhattan ( an hour drive in to NYC) because he made us feel that comfortable!He is well worth the money and would recommend him to EVERYONE!

Submitted May 17, 2011 | flag

Dr. Calat did my dental implant, and it was a complete success. I had discomfort feeling on a particular gum and root area for a long time and didn't even know which tooth was causing the discomfort. Dr. Calat was the only one doctor who was able to diagnose the problem and explained thoroughly for guidance. Dr. Calat's diagnosis is highly accurate by using a state of the art equipment- CT Scanner (in-house) and his high knowledge of expertise. I felt Dr. Calat's high expertise starting from his accurate diagnosis and during the procedure to the post surgery period. My long time unsolved discomfort is finally solved and I am very thankful for Dr. Calat to accurately diagnose the cause of my discomfort. Dr. Calat's diagnosis and extremely high technique and skills for implant treatment is highly reputable and recommended.

Submitted May 4, 2010 | flag

Dr. Calat removed my wisdom teeth. He was very friendly and I had no complications afterwards. However, his pricing was way off! I was told when I went for my consultation that they spoke with my insurance company to see what would be covered. Then they made an estimate of costs on what insurance would pay and what I had to cover ($400). 3 months later I received a bill from the dr's office saying I owed them another $1200. When I called to discuss it with them they blamed my insurance for not being clear during their initial phone call and that the amount they gave me was only an estimate. Estimates are not over $1000 off! This is ridiulous. I do not recommend going there as it also occured with someone else I know.

Submitted Sept. 29, 2009 | flag