Dr. Sheri E. Spirt

Dr. Sheri E. Spirt

Rate Dr. Sheri E. Spirt

Dr. Sheri E. Spirt's Ratings

Dr. Spirt is the absolute worst doctor I've ever been to--impatient, unprofessional, rude, condecending, unpredicatble and generally unpleasent. I feel uncomfortable every time im alone in a room with her. She also loves to charge you for things normal doctors do for free like call in refills. The nickle and dime game she plays is unreal. I often go to her office and peoples files are strewn about on the floor and there is cash laying on her desk. Her office is a disaster and it makes me worry for my information privacy. It's clear her staff is terrified of her. Overall, if you can afford to go anywhere else, I highly suggest you do. Depression is better than the experience you'll get at Dr. Spirt.

Submitted May 21, 2014 | flag

There is no reason for me to be polite about Dr. Spirts actions, because she is RUDE and down right disrespectful. This woman can drive a person that is having issues into harming themselves. I have a tape recording of how she communicated with me and you can hear how unprofessional she was. She did NOT give me a chance to inform her that ALL of my calls are recorded, before she started SNAPPING at me. This IDIOT is all about the dollar and she does NOT care about any of her patients. Please tell me how I can upload the recording, so I can help those in need from being offended.

Submitted July 2, 2013 | flag

HORRIBLE BEDSIDE MANNER --- HORRIBLE! I would think that of all the disciplines, a Psychiatrist would want to have a good bedside manner. I couldn't agree more with the negative critiques on this message board. She is cold and uncaring and more interested in correcting my pronunciation of her dog's name than listening to me. This woman was rude to me, my mother and her assistant! Just horrendous. I've never been more put off. The office was cluttered, unorganized and reeked of pee. When I called to confirm the appointment she was excessively rude and unprofessional. She felt the need to keep reminding me that she was "doing me a favor" by taking the appointment on a day when she planned to be closed. I visited her office in a fragile state, and tried to walk her through what led to my depression. She was incredibly cold towards me during the 40 minutes we spoke. The experience catapulted me into a worse mood than when I'd entered. I don't know how she's still in business.

Submitted July 2, 2013 | flag

absolutely awful experience. Dr. Spirt is only concerned about money and not patient care. She is extremely unprofessional and unresponsive when it concerns patient care....she is however responsive to billing matters....simply sad. office is also unkept and cluttered. we saw her once and then ran the other way fast!

Submitted May 4, 2013 | flag

Submitted July 18, 2012 | flag

Submitted July 9, 2012 | flag

I began seeing Dr. Spirt nearly three years ago after visiting a pair of useless doctors who did nothing to help improve my condition. She's sharp, attentive, and thorough. Importantly, she's helped set me back on a course so I can enjoy my life and be productive, and I feel like I'm in very good hands whenever there's a bump. When my insurance changes later this year I think she will be out of network but I intend to keep seeing her anyhow. --30-year-old male

Submitted Feb. 24, 2012 | flag

I thought dr. Spirt was great. She spend almost two hours with me doing an initial consultation and came to the conclusion I did not need medication. She referred me to another therapist as she thought I would benefit from talk therapy and told me if I wanted to check back in ,that was fine at anytime but if I was not feeling better in a month after I started to see a therapist I should come back then. She was right, I found a great therapist and am doing very well. I was shocked to read some of the reviews on here and caution others that they are just not true.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2012 | flag

I thought she was great and would highly recommend to others. Spends alot of time. Very reachable by email if you have a problem.

Submitted Jan. 22, 2012 | flag

Doctor didn't know some drug side effects pointed out by other doctors. Very concerning. Also, demeanor made me feel very uncomfortable every visit. I'm sure she's a nice person, but energy was unpleasant and if you need to feel comfortable with a doctor, a psychiatrist should be the one. Office is a mess, like a hoarders home. The combo gave me a headache every visit.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2012 | flag