Rate Dr. Sheri E. Spirt

Dr. Sheri E. Spirt's Ratings

Stay away from this woman. All she cares about is money. I saw her for a number of years mostly because it was my first time in therapy and I was naive. I noticed she was a little all over the place, office was always a mess and hectic. Despite those things she led me to believe I could trust her with my health. Dr spirt completely abandoned me as a doctor at my most desperate time of need. I recieved news that my family member had cancer and I was distraught. When l ran to dr spirt for help her response was " life is for the living" and that my family members life span wouldn't be long. This visit with dr spirt was traumatizing. She is cold hearted and completely reckless in her profession. I left her office that day in hysterics. I called the office later that day due to a panic attack and spoke with her assistant. That was the last time I had any contact with dr spirts office. Dr spirt nor her assistant had the decency to check up on me the next day, after seeing her for years. Most disappointing and scarring experience I've ever had with a doctor. Unfortunately this is the brutal truth so just take my advice and stay far away.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2580117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

I saw Dr. Spirt for treatment of depression and anxiety for a number of years. It is true that she can have an edge. It is true that she is very particular about money. On the other hand, she takes insurance, which very few doctors of her caliber in the field of psychiatric medicine bother to do. Her older office, on the UWS, was clearly too small for her business, but she moved to a much more comfortable place on the UES. Her bedside manner was, well, not the best. But her ability to hone in on the problem and find exactly the right balance of medication for you is impressive. Also, she answers emails about med questions at almost any time of the day or night. So...she is brilliant as a psychopharmacologist and is not exactly warm and fuzzy. Still, she extended kindness to me on numerous occasions, when it was most needed. I stopped seeing her because I moved out of the city, but I refer friends to her because I know she gets the medicine right.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2543208].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

I love Dr. Spirt. I have been seeing her for two years and she has never cahrged me for anyting that was uneccessary. was very surprised to read other comments but then she is a psychiatrist dealing with disturbed, people. she has really helped others and I hope you will give her a chance a very satisfied patient

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2488250].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

Dr. Spirt is the absolute worst doctor I've ever been to--impatient, unprofessional, rude, condecending, unpredicatble and generally unpleasent. I feel uncomfortable every time im alone in a room with her. She also loves to charge you for things normal doctors do for free like call in refills. The nickle and dime game she plays is unreal. I often go to her office and peoples files are strewn about on the floor and there is cash laying on her desk. Her office is a disaster and it makes me worry for my information privacy. It's clear her staff is terrified of her. Overall, if you can afford to go anywhere else, I highly suggest you do. Depression is better than the experience you'll get at Dr. Spirt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2430818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

There is no reason for me to be polite about Dr. Spirts actions, because she is RUDE and down right disrespectful. This woman can drive a person that is having issues into harming themselves. I have a tape recording of how she communicated with me and you can hear how unprofessional she was. She did NOT give me a chance to inform her that ALL of my calls are recorded, before she started SNAPPING at me. This IDIOT is all about the dollar and she does NOT care about any of her patients. Please tell me how I can upload the recording, so I can help those in need from being offended.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][877110].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

HORRIBLE BEDSIDE MANNER --- HORRIBLE! I would think that of all the disciplines, a Psychiatrist would want to have a good bedside manner. I couldn't agree more with the negative critiques on this message board. She is cold and uncaring and more interested in correcting my pronunciation of her dog's name than listening to me. This woman was rude to me, my mother and her assistant! Just horrendous. I've never been more put off. The office was cluttered, unorganized and reeked of pee. When I called to confirm the appointment she was excessively rude and unprofessional. She felt the need to keep reminding me that she was "doing me a favor" by taking the appointment on a day when she planned to be closed. I visited her office in a fragile state, and tried to walk her through what led to my depression. She was incredibly cold towards me during the 40 minutes we spoke. The experience catapulted me into a worse mood than when I'd entered. I don't know how she's still in business.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][877109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

absolutely awful experience. Dr. Spirt is only concerned about money and not patient care. She is extremely unprofessional and unresponsive when it concerns patient care....she is however responsive to billing matters....simply sad. office is also unkept and cluttered. we saw her once and then ran the other way fast!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][877105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][877108].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][877107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

I began seeing Dr. Spirt nearly three years ago after visiting a pair of useless doctors who did nothing to help improve my condition. She's sharp, attentive, and thorough. Importantly, she's helped set me back on a course so I can enjoy my life and be productive, and I feel like I'm in very good hands whenever there's a bump. When my insurance changes later this year I think she will be out of network but I intend to keep seeing her anyhow. --30-year-old male

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][877104].votes_count ]]