Rate Dr. Kester Kong

Dr. Kester Kong's Ratings

I should have checked the comments here before I went to his office. I was totally frustrated and shocked to see such a rude doctor like him.

Submitted May 6, 2014 | flag

The staff at this office is extremely unprofessional but they can be working on the doctor's order. I have never heard of a patient being charged to reschedule appointment despite having made it to the office and was refused to be seen by the staff because she was 15 mins late. To top this off, the patient actually called in advance to let the staff know that she is going to be late because she was lost and went to the wrong place (she had to call and ask for direction). The staff asked the patient to pay $100 to reschedule appointment and the new appointment is not until 4 months later! In effect the doctor is charging now for being late (not missed) appointment? Clearly, the staff has no empathy, despite the fact that the patient had made her best attempt to get there by public transport and got lost. The staff claimed that this is the policy but this policy has never been communicated to the patient. I guess all the comments on here about the doctor and staff are true.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2013 | flag

Attitude towards patient is awful. The worst thing was he didn't have any empathy or comforting comments towards the patient. Very uncomfortable visit indeed

Submitted Aug. 29, 2013 | flag

Dr. Kong, while approachable and well-meaning, does tend to make rather inappropriate remarks about the conditions of patients. He referred to my CMT condition as having "funny-looking feet" on multiple occasions and at one point, explained to me in *the loosest* of terms that the nerves in my feet were "out of whack"(??). The first time I met Dr. Kong, I was asked to fill out general info about my disorder following a blood test, to which both were later misplaced. He attributed the error to "bureaucracy", and had to arrange another appt. to redo both. Despite his general disposition (inc. unkempt office, hygiene, etc), he is knowledgeable in his field and has a wonderful group of friendly staff members.

Submitted May 4, 2013 | flag

If there is a rating for (-5), I think this doctor deserves it. He is extremely RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL, USELESS and WASTE OF TIME. This is probably the worst doctor I have seen in my 12 years "in pain". If anyone is being referred to this doctor, just forget it. It is a complete waste of time. He also uses technology that are in the 1980 - SONY WALKMAN to record his own words. Either he doesn't know how to type, or he thinks this is very "cool" and "professional". Bottomline, the WORSE DOCTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN!

Submitted April 26, 2013 | flag

I went to see this doctor for an EMG, with much trepidation after reading the comments. To my surprise I had a very pleasant experience.He was knowledgeable about my case in detail and made the test a piece of cake. His summary of what was going on in my spine gave me an excellent understanding and made my decision to opt for surgery easy. I left the lab feeling more reassured than I have been for several months. Though his personality may be a bit atypical for a doctor I found him easy to talk to.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2012 | flag

After waiting many months to see him, I was extremely disappointed. I don't doubt he is a good physician but he is the rudest human being I have ever come across. He interrupts you, insults you, talks down to you and ignores your questions. He is great at ruling things out but is not very good at diagnosing the true cause of your symptoms. I would NEVER recommend him to anyone. He has no warmth, no manners nor any common decency. I have informed my family physician about him and my physician confirmed to me that he has heard the same thing from other patients as well.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2012 | flag

RUDE RUDE RUDE...everything else has been explained by other unhappy patients. NO GP should every recommend him.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2012 | flag

I have only seen Dr. Kong once, my experience was a very pleasant one, I found that he is thorough in diagnosing my problem.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2012 | flag

Dr. Kong is the most unprofessional and ineffective physician I have ever encountered. His rude and condescending tone is off-putting, and the disrespectful and unnecessary comments he makes contribute to a very uncomfortable patient experience. Most importantly though, his unwillingness to let the patient speak or clarify his instructions was actually negligent, as he did not have the information he needed to properly assist me. I was forced to figure out how to treat myself because he was too impatient to actually explain what he wanted me to do - even insulting me in the process, stating that I should know how to treat myself as it is "common sense." I am searching for another neurologist, and have already recommended my GP not to refer to him anymore.

Submitted July 27, 2012 | flag