Rate Dr. Herbert M. Biel

Dr. Herbert M. Biel's Ratings

I had experienced severe leg pain for some time. After an MRI that showed bone spurs and scar tissue between L4 and L5 Dr Biel suggested surgery to clear out the bad stuff and reduce the presure on the nerves leading to the legs. Surgery was performed and all leg pain is gone. Dr. Biel was very professional thruout and I highly recommend him. Thank you Dr. Biel

Submitted March 12, 2013 | flag

I just passed my 1 year anniversary of my surgery. I am doing well. I have no pain when I walk or stand. Some pain in the morning when I first get up, but not like the original pain I experienced. I think exercise and stretching are vital for range of motion and less pain. Glad I had the surgery. Thank you Dr. Biel.

Submitted May 29, 2012 | flag

Dr. Biel is awesome. After several years of pain, tingling, numbness I finally found relief with the all dreaded spinal fusion. I was absolutely terrified with the prospect of back surgery. For 5+ years I opted for pain management with multiple injections and "burning of nerves" !! This past December 2011 I was fortunate enough to have found Dr. Biel to perform the spinal fusion after all options failed. Today 3 months out I celebrate a healthy back and resuming all normal activities. Dr. Biel and his entire staff are professionally sincere and genuine in their skilled approach to aid in my overall wellness. All of my friends all overwhelmed with my progress and rapid recovery ! Thank you again Dr. Biel and bless you !

Submitted March 21, 2012 | flag

I feel that Dr Biel is perhaps the finest orthopedic sugeon in the country. Considering the major problems I have experiencd for many years, the relief I have experienced after my surgery was nothing short of miraculous. From the moment I met Dr Biel, I found nothing but an extremely compassionate man with my best interests at heart. His skills as a surgeon surpassed my wildest expectations, as my now being completely pain free will attest. Thank you, Dr Biel, from the bottom of my heart. You are one amazing man.

Submitted March 5, 2012 | flag

Dr. Biel is great. He listened to me from the first minute I walked in his door. He requested the correct tests the first time to be able to diagnose my back pain. He has been friendly, supportive and helpful to not only me but also my husband. I will highly recommend him to anyone who asks me if I know a great back surgeon.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2012 | flag

I can not believe he is rated this high. Do not go to this doctor! He will mess your back up, actually worse than before and say that there was a chance of failed back surgery. But 3 times? Stay away.

Submitted April 4, 2011 | flag

I'm so surprised by the high ratings given to Dr. Biel! I visited him on three occasions, once for myself and two times for my daughter. On each occasion, he was obviously indifferent to our situations. He clearly thought that I was questioning his authority when I asked questions about our health. For example, when I asked if he would show me what he was describing on my daughter's x-rays, he said that not even he had seen them. When I asked why, he rolled his eyes and told me "that's not how it’s done anymore." His responses were generally curt and borderline condescending, and once he even gave directly contradictory answers. He avoided speaking directly to my 8-yr-old daughter to whom he was supposedly there to help, and was clearly impatient when she felt inclined to speak to him about her condition. In the end, Dr. Biel rushed out without spending even five minutes with us on any of the three occasions. I am shocked and hurt that he was so unprofessional and uncaring.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2010 | flag

Dr. Biel performed a fusion on my C6/C7 spine and also a carpal tunnel repair at the same time. The results of the operation met any and all expectations I could have had. I am very happy with the outcome of the surgery and would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Biel to anyone. I am returning for a repair on my other hand next month and do so without any reservations. He was professional, on time and courteous to me and my family. The surgery was (from what I understand) difficult due to the 2 prior operations I had with another doctor. The results I have had with this surgery are far better than I previously experienced with the other spine doctor.

Submitted Nov. 17, 2010 | flag

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Biel and his staff. He performed a L4-L5 laminectomy after having a recurrent herniation and surgery only 8 months previously. I am now 6 weeks post op and pain free. Dr. Biel was confident he could take care of my issue and he did...I couldn't ask for a better outcome. The staff was courteous and quick with refills, answeing questions, or appointment changes. Really, I could not imagine a better experience from another group of people. Top Notch.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2010 | flag

My family and I are extremely satisfied with the care I have received with Dr. Biel. He has always shown a very caring and professional attitude in treating me. I have had two back surgeries. The second was very serious and my wife had many concerns. Dr. Biel took the time to explain in detail what he would be doing and how it would effect me. He always takes the time to expalin things in a way you can understand. He never has rushe us through an appt. and is alway concerned about how I am doing over all. I have highly recommend him to others and will continue to do so. Those who I have sent to him have nothing but good to say about his care and treatment of them as well. His nusing staff treat each patient like an old friend. It is refreshing to be under this kind of care.

Submitted April 6, 2010 | flag