Rate Dr. Herbert M. Biel

Dr. Herbert M. Biel's Ratings

I amazed that this Dr is highly rated. No doubt! If he can falsify your records then off course he falsify his reviews. Online reviews, as we all know, can easily be mislead in rating. A Dr can easily have his friends and or relatives anonymously write good, bad and ugly, however, he/she wishes

That said, in short, this Dr doesn't read patient history & records. When asked about in case of available online history, he blames the Community Hospital, the network system to which he belongs, computer system and management. He says, the computer system doesn't allow him to access. When asked why haven't their practice as a whole complains to upper management about the software. His exact words, they don't know care. In fact this Dr is the one who doesn't care. The software (Epic System) for his particular complain is bug free. To me he is not interested in the changing world as a whole, let alone the computer system. Rejection of adopting the changing world is the biggest drawback for professionals in any field, particularly in the field of science. In particular he has no knowledge of basics of treatment. For example, if you have had a partial tear in rotator cuff muscle and simultaneous clavicle fracture with no signs of nerve issue and you visit him with in next forty eight hours of your issue, he without looking into your records (CT Scans, X-rays,MRI, MRA) or checking you physically he will have his own X-rays taken (generates money for the practice) and worst the first thing he will ask you to go and have an EMG done which in my layman's term electromagnetic test for nerves. Why? No good Physician even outside of orthopedic specially would suggest that test: 1) because EMG is medically suggested only after couple weeks of your injury; 2) There is no evidence of nerve damage. May be he is getting kickbacks and or referrals from his EMG facility buddies. He doesn't remember or try to come up thoroughly on the patient's previous visit history thus making the patient go in circles. He is completely rude towards his patient and no empathy. On my first visit I gave him a second chance for the second visit but I may not be smart but common I am not that dumb either. Beside, but not giving any attention he leaves the office in less than one minute after seeing his patient and writes the progress report and problem list. To support this argument, his problem list contradicts with his progress report, at least in my case.

I am boggled, that the system above him has not even felt this or if felt then they only care how good the practice is generating the revenue. They say the buck stops here/there. I say "The buck ignores everything.

BTW, Dr Biel is associated with Community North at Clear Vista in Indianapolis. I have written the truth here, nothing more nothing less.

Thank you Dr Biel, making me to bring out your true side.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2014 | flag

I had experienced severe leg pain for some time. After an MRI that showed bone spurs and scar tissue between L4 and L5 Dr Biel suggested surgery to clear out the bad stuff and reduce the presure on the nerves leading to the legs. Surgery was performed and all leg pain is gone. Dr. Biel was very professional thruout and I highly recommend him. Thank you Dr. Biel

Submitted March 12, 2013 | flag

I just passed my 1 year anniversary of my surgery. I am doing well. I have no pain when I walk or stand. Some pain in the morning when I first get up, but not like the original pain I experienced. I think exercise and stretching are vital for range of motion and less pain. Glad I had the surgery. Thank you Dr. Biel.

Submitted May 29, 2012 | flag

Dr. Biel is awesome. After several years of pain, tingling, numbness I finally found relief with the all dreaded spinal fusion. I was absolutely terrified with the prospect of back surgery. For 5+ years I opted for pain management with multiple injections and "burning of nerves" !! This past December 2011 I was fortunate enough to have found Dr. Biel to perform the spinal fusion after all options failed. Today 3 months out I celebrate a healthy back and resuming all normal activities. Dr. Biel and his entire staff are professionally sincere and genuine in their skilled approach to aid in my overall wellness. All of my friends all overwhelmed with my progress and rapid recovery ! Thank you again Dr. Biel and bless you !

Submitted March 21, 2012 | flag

I feel that Dr Biel is perhaps the finest orthopedic sugeon in the country. Considering the major problems I have experiencd for many years, the relief I have experienced after my surgery was nothing short of miraculous. From the moment I met Dr Biel, I found nothing but an extremely compassionate man with my best interests at heart. His skills as a surgeon surpassed my wildest expectations, as my now being completely pain free will attest. Thank you, Dr Biel, from the bottom of my heart. You are one amazing man.

Submitted March 5, 2012 | flag

Dr. Biel is great. He listened to me from the first minute I walked in his door. He requested the correct tests the first time to be able to diagnose my back pain. He has been friendly, supportive and helpful to not only me but also my husband. I will highly recommend him to anyone who asks me if I know a great back surgeon.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2012 | flag

I can not believe he is rated this high. Do not go to this doctor! He will mess your back up, actually worse than before and say that there was a chance of failed back surgery. But 3 times? Stay away.

Submitted April 4, 2011 | flag

I'm so surprised by the high ratings given to Dr. Biel! I visited him on three occasions, once for myself and two times for my daughter. On each occasion, he was obviously indifferent to our situations. He clearly thought that I was questioning his authority when I asked questions about our health. For example, when I asked if he would show me what he was describing on my daughter's x-rays, he said that not even he had seen them. When I asked why, he rolled his eyes and told me "that's not how it’s done anymore." His responses were generally curt and borderline condescending, and once he even gave directly contradictory answers. He avoided speaking directly to my 8-yr-old daughter to whom he was supposedly there to help, and was clearly impatient when she felt inclined to speak to him about her condition. In the end, Dr. Biel rushed out without spending even five minutes with us on any of the three occasions. I am shocked and hurt that he was so unprofessional and uncaring.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2010 | flag

Dr. Biel performed a fusion on my C6/C7 spine and also a carpal tunnel repair at the same time. The results of the operation met any and all expectations I could have had. I am very happy with the outcome of the surgery and would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Biel to anyone. I am returning for a repair on my other hand next month and do so without any reservations. He was professional, on time and courteous to me and my family. The surgery was (from what I understand) difficult due to the 2 prior operations I had with another doctor. The results I have had with this surgery are far better than I previously experienced with the other spine doctor.

Submitted Nov. 17, 2010 | flag

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Biel and his staff. He performed a L4-L5 laminectomy after having a recurrent herniation and surgery only 8 months previously. I am now 6 weeks post op and pain free. Dr. Biel was confident he could take care of my issue and he did...I couldn't ask for a better outcome. The staff was courteous and quick with refills, answeing questions, or appointment changes. Really, I could not imagine a better experience from another group of people. Top Notch.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2010 | flag