Rate Dr. Jay P. Heldman

Dr. Jay P. Heldman's Ratings

Took my wife to see him. She had blisters on her feet. He took one look then left room and told his assistant to schedule an appointment with an other dermatologist. The other doctor took a biopsy and successfully treated the problem Never went back

Submitted July 26, 2014 | flag

I had been a patient of Dr Heldman for a number of years. He treated my scalp psoriasis. His office staff may be nice, he may be punctual, but I am no longer a patient of his since he treated a growth in my left ear as psoriasis from Jan 2011 to December 2012 (2 years) with creams and ointments. When, in the summer of 2012 the growth began to bleed and ooze, he still treated me with creams and an antibiotic ointment. He never took a biopsy. In Jan 2013 I finally went to another dermatologist who diagnosed the growth as Basal Cell Carcinoma. I had surgery to remove it and had to have a skin graft. This other dermatologist knew that it was a skin cancer at first glance, even before she took a biopsy, which she did to confirm her diagnosis. Yes, Dr. Heldman is very nice which is why I stayed with him as long as I did. But now I question his ability and knowledge.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2013 | flag

JAY HELDMAN, M.D. HAS BEEN IN PRACTICE FOR OVER 25 YEARS. HIS EXPERTISE ARE BRILLIENT. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED...HIS STAFF IS ONE OF THE BEST...HOPE YOU SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT IF YOU SO DESIRE...

Submitted Aug. 9, 2013 | flag

I'm not sure weather to say this doc is greatest of all.. but i dont want to say anything negative either, but i only went to see him is cuz of these reviews. i went there for a cyst i have on the back of neck. i was happy that he came and attended quickly and had awsome bedside maners, but when i showed him the cysst he didnt eve touch to see what i was talking about and gave me a prescription for some stupid cream.. i already cream there.. then he told mme to go see a surgeon since theyll do it better. I dont know. im not really sure about him, my wife will be going to him next week, so we r going to give him the chance and see if his different with her. maybe he wasnt having a good day.. not sure

Submitted June 7, 2013 | flag

Ive been to Dr. Heldman for 9 years. He is very friendly and patient. I've had him look at various skin issues all over my body without feeling odd. He is willing to entertain all of my questions and concerns, and he always has a comprehensive answer. For acne treatments, he thinks about your future and likes to start with treatments that have little to no side effects; no rush into oral meds or volatile topicals. My wait time is generally 15 minutes. He is incredibly honest. I highly recommended this dr.

Submitted May 31, 2013 | flag

Dr. Heldman is one of the warmest doctors that I have ever visited. Besides really knowing his medicine, his bedside manner is top-notch. He will spend as much time as you need answering all of your questions. And he doesn't make you feel stupid doing it. I can't recommend Dr. Heldman highly enough!

Submitted April 24, 2013 | flag

I went to Dr. Heldman on the basis of these ratings and was very pleased. He is very knowledgeable, helpful and kind. He also takes the time to listen to your questions and explain alternative treatments. His staff was polite and prompt as well. I would recommend him and his staff to anyone.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2012 | flag

Dr. Heldman was great with little issues, acne, a wart, etc. Then one day I had a real issue, an infected cyst. He wouldn't even look at it. He never even spoke to me after years of seeing him. He had someone else in the practice meet with me and this other doctor stood at the other side of the room to speak with me, wouldn't even come close to look at this horrible, inflamed, huge cyst. He also told me to see a surgeon and that was it. I was so disappointed.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2012 | flag

I chose Dr. Heldman after reading the other comments on this site. Even with all the positive remarks I knew I was taking a chance going to a doctor I hadn't received a personal referral from, but I took a chance. I was totally pleased with the treatment I received from Dr. Heldman in removing a mole on my back. He took the time to explain everything and expressed concern for my comfort while he did the procedure. He also patiently answered all my questions and concerns in the follow up visit. I would not hesitate to recommend him to others who need to see a dermatologist.

Submitted March 9, 2012 | flag

Dr.Heldman was great! He is very knowledgeable,sweet,and knows how to treat his patients. The experience is a wonerful one right from entering the door. You are greeted,and it is a comfortable and professional enviornment.I would definitely recommend this specialist,he wll get the job done! :)

Submitted Feb. 24, 2012 | flag