Rate Dr. Sharon L. Callison

Dr. Sharon L. Callison's Ratings

Dr Callison is one of the finest doctors it has ever been my privilege to see. She is exceptionally intelligent, well-experienced and skilled at what she does, - so much so that other doctors often request her as their "second" if they get busy or in a tight spot with a patient. She is so good, in fact, that I've known her to diagnose conditions that are not typical to the realm of female health (she caught my neighbor's sudden-onset diabetes on a regular wellness visit, for example.) Be warned, she is extremely oriented towards medical intervention, so if that is not your thing, you'd better have a reason to dismiss any of her recommendations. If you do your homework and can provide researched alternatives, she will give you nothing but respect. If you live in granola-la-la land (and I say this as a pseudo- hippie with a preferential fondness for granola la la land) well, she's probably not the doc for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2631493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

Horrible Doctor. EXTREMELY RUDE. Tries to force you into unnecessary procedures. If you are considering her i would think twice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2609923].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

Dr. Callison changed my life. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2009 and felt completely alone and misunderstood at previous OBGYNs. I found Dr. Callison through a PCOS forum from a patient recommending her based on her knowledge of PCOS and the specific needs of women with it. As soon as I walked in, she was a breath of fresh air. Now, I'm on meds to help me control my PCOS, and for the first time since diagnosis, I have hope again. SHE did that. I am so grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Callison's for over 12 years. I have nothing but positive things to say about her. She has a great bedside manner, is funny, genuinely caring and very knowledgeable (I mean SMART!). She delivered all my kids, including two pregnancies that did not have good outcomes. She made it a point to be there for me, even when she was not on call. She was there %100 percent for all of the good and the bad. She was absolutely on board with my desires, including not wanting an epidural. She gave me all of my options and respected my choices. I would not want anyone else to be my OB/GYN!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2566001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Dr. Callison delivered my first child, and pretty much forced me into a c-section due to "failure to progress" after a less than 12 hour trial of labor. She may have a nice bedside manner (although, I prefer a more professional tone), but any Ob current on her research should know that 12 hours of induced labor for a woman with her first baby is very, very normal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2557172].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Callison since 26 weeks. She has been extremely personable and knowledgeable. I look forward to every visit, because I know she will provide my husband and I with all the information and hospitality we need!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2535924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2493718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

Dr. Callison is very caring and a great patient advocate. We had a great experience throughout my pregnancy and the birth of my son!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2487173].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

We only saw Dr. Callison during the delivery of our second child. She is with the TN Valley OBGYN Clinic. The main thing to know is if you're open to choice and trying to stray from the system (meaning C-Sections, Drugs, Episiotomy etc.) is try to avoid this particular doctor. She is friendly, laid back, makes you feel comfortable but she gave me an Episiotomy even though it was specifically told not to. She was told to delay the cord clamping and she did not do this at all. This was all documented both on video and on the birth plan. There was no medical reason as I was not high risk nor was there any danger to the baby or me. It was very disappointing. Read the other reviews, stay informed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2481518].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

Callison was my doctor with my first pregnancy. I began to bleed and she was not attentive. Her staff would not make me an appointment until the next day event though I said it was an emergency. Her bedside manner was terrible when she informed me I miscarried. I immediately grabbed my things and made an appointment to another doctor that handled the situation better. I also found out that she performs elective c-sections. Any doctor that does this will not be getting my business and I will be sure to tell others of her practice. Vaginal birth carries far fewer risks for both the mother and the baby. It IS the safest way to birth barring any complications. Do your research. Don't be pushed into a c-section for convenience.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][880322].votes_count ]]