Rate Dr. Sharon L. Callison

Dr. Sharon L. Callison's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Callison since 26 weeks. She has been extremely personable and knowledgeable. I look forward to every visit, because I know she will provide my husband and I with all the information and hospitality we need!

Submitted Sept. 14, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014 | flag

Dr. Callison is very caring and a great patient advocate. We had a great experience throughout my pregnancy and the birth of my son!

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

We only saw Dr. Callison during the delivery of our second child. She is with the TN Valley OBGYN Clinic. The main thing to know is if you're open to choice and trying to stray from the system (meaning C-Sections, Drugs, Episiotomy etc.) is try to avoid this particular doctor. She is friendly, laid back, makes you feel comfortable but she gave me an Episiotomy even though it was specifically told not to. She was told to delay the cord clamping and she did not do this at all. This was all documented both on video and on the birth plan. There was no medical reason as I was not high risk nor was there any danger to the baby or me. It was very disappointing. Read the other reviews, stay informed.

Submitted July 18, 2014 | flag

Callison was my doctor with my first pregnancy. I began to bleed and she was not attentive. Her staff would not make me an appointment until the next day event though I said it was an emergency. Her bedside manner was terrible when she informed me I miscarried. I immediately grabbed my things and made an appointment to another doctor that handled the situation better. I also found out that she performs elective c-sections. Any doctor that does this will not be getting my business and I will be sure to tell others of her practice. Vaginal birth carries far fewer risks for both the mother and the baby. It IS the safest way to birth barring any complications. Do your research. Don't be pushed into a c-section for convenience.

Submitted April 24, 2013 | flag

I have read the previous comments about having "unnecessary c-sections"... I chose to have my first/only child with a c-section. I must say it was one of the best decisions that I have made. I never felt a contraction, pain, and yet, I remember every moment. It was easy and recovery was a breeze. If you are considering a c-section, be cautious as to what you read. It is your body and your child-do what makes you comfortable. But, I will say, those who have extended hours of labor gain no additional stars/jewels than those of us who chose c-sections. Dr. Callison is an expert a stitching and the nurses in the hospital can tell what doctor has performed the stitching. (I had one nurse to comment on/compliment my stitching.) Dr. Callison is profession, and down to earth. She is wonderful about putting procedures into layman terms. I cannot imagine having a different doctor throughout a pregnancy. Regardless of who you choose, best of luck in selecting your doctor and a smooth pregnancy.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2013 | flag

Horrible doctor. Pushed me to have a c-section for no reason (thank goodness I didn't!) - if you want to enjoy your birth experience steer clear of her.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2012 | flag

Submitted July 16, 2012 | flag

Dr. Callison is a great doctor. She has a very comforting bedside manner. She delivered my 1st baby through an elective c-section and I had a very good experience. She is a skilled surgeon. I am now pregnant with my second child and look forward to using her again.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2012 | flag

Absolutely rude. I called after hours & she was the on-call dr. I had a miscarriage, & she told me I was over-reacting and that it was probably just a heavy period. When I saw my dr, it was confirmed to be a miscarriage. I will never forget it. One of the hardest times in my life, and she was completely insensitive.

Submitted Nov. 23, 2011 | flag