You may also like

Rate Dr. Francis J. McGovern

Dr. Francis J. McGovern's Ratings

Great man, great doctor! He basically saved my life. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in November of 2014, met with Dr. Francis, had surgery on 12/24/25, labs came back, he went deeper and wider during my 1/15/15 surgery, labs came back and I will live to see my 9 year old daughter grow into adulthood!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2696954].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2015

My Prostrate Cancer was in the early stages. I had all options available to me for treatment. A nurse relative suggested that I consult with Dr. McGovern. He set me up with appointments with the heads of Oncology and Radiology departments, allowing me to make the appropriate decision. I decided to go with surgery with Dr. McGovern. Mere words cannot express how satisfied I was with Dr. McGovern and his staff. I have talked to many people who have had surgery with other doctors/hospitals/methods and my experience and outcome topped theirs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2084205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2012

Dr. McGovern is not just a great doctor, he is a great person. His ability to put the prognosis in perspective, design a plan of action and follow up with a personal touch is something I never expected from a doctor. I've always perceived doctors to be aloof/arrogant, but Dr. McGovern could not be further from that perception. He actually cares about the patient and the immediate family. I would recommend him to anyone who has a renal problem, and his staff reflects his personality, because they are also very nice each office visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2084204].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2012

Dr. McGovern is ABSOLUTELY the best urologist out there, especially for difficult surgeries. He does not hesitate to bring in someone else to assist in the surgery, if he deems they have a specialty that he does not, pride does not get in the way! Great bedside manner...very informative and caring. The BEST!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2084203].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2012

He is very personable and knowledgable. I would highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2084202].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2012

I was very nervous prior to my exam and procedure. Dr. McGovern and his staff were welcoming, kind,knowledgeable and most of all professional and caring.A most welcomed surprise was the fact that all looked great in his opionion but he went a step further and asked that I have one more procedure to make absolute sure nothing was missed. That's the kind of physician everyone should want, the one that goes just one more step further than the norm. I highly recommend his experitise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2084201].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2011

Dr McGovern's thoroughness to pursue a minimal intermitting unrelated symptom saved my life. I went to see him for my prostate and even with normal kidney functions he discovered early stage renal cell carcinoma. He recommended me to see Dr. Libertino at Lahey Clinic who found a second tumor and saved eighty percent of my kidney. Dr. McGovern was elated to see me two months later. It was his passion and patience that saved me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2084200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr. McGovern's knowledge and skill are evident. He is a confident surgeon, meticulous and a obviously well regarded among his peers (as evidenced by the many comments from other urologists I had spoken to. He is respectful of patients and his staff, with a wonderful bedside manner. I was fortunate to have him as my surgeon during a difficult time. Highly recommended

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2084199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 25, 2010

His cheerful personality and encouragement are good matches for his superb skill and knowledge of urology.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2084198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2010

Frank McGovern is a blessing given unto Boston. There aren't enough synonyms for "outstanding" to accurately describe his level of surgical skill and bedside expertise. He took time to address each and every one of my concerns, was at my bedside repeatedly through my recovery, personally introduced EVERY member not only of his team but of the oncology team I'd be following up with. There were no "uhs" or "ums" with Dr. McGovern, if I had a question, he had the answer. The staff who took care of me in the post-op unit couldn't praise upon him enough. A doctor nurses love is a doctor you want on your side. His easy demeanor and quick smile put me at ease the moment I met him, his clear command of the complications of my illness shed a lot of light in a dark time for me. Dr. McGovern saved my life. Period. If you need a urologist then you need Dr. McGovern.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2084197].votes_count ]]