Rate Dr. Babak Baravarian

Dr. Babak Baravarian's Ratings

Was lucky to be referred to Dr. Babak Baravarian in Oct.2010 by my " Podiatrician " cousin. She told me good words about him and his experience in foot and ankle surgeries although she is a podiatrician herself. I recieved bunion surgery and the results were phenomenal. He is attentive, caring and gentleman. Dr. Baravarian cares about his patients and does everything he can to help them. He is the best in his field and very up to date in new procedures. "Dr. Bob is amazing surgeon and anyone would be lucky to be his patient." A+ rating!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][881272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

Doctor Bob truly saved my ankle and allowed me to be able to teach without daily pain. He is a personable and very knowledgable doctor. Prior to seeing Dr. Bob I had three ankle surgeries from very well known doctors in the Bay Area. The pain continued and when I moved to So Cal I heard wonderful things about Dr. Bob. At first I was upset at the thought of having surgery but it was the best decision I have ever made. Six years ago I had a complete ligament repair among other things. Dr. Bob has allowed me to enjoy my job without pain and now having a child it's so nice being able to run after him. I highly recommend him and in fact other members of my family have had surgery from him as well. The other posts mention cost and you have to understand if you want the best care you have to pay. Dr. Bob is worth every penny and his expertise is priceless.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][881271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2013

Dr. Baravarian had his receptionist doing the intake, a job that she was clearly not qualified to do. She seemed very unknowledgeable and ignorant. In my opinion, it was improper for Dr. Baravarian to have his receptionist doing work that a medical professional, at least at the level of a nursing assistant, should be doing. The meeting with Dr. Baravarian was very short. He mentioned surgery as an alternative, but said it was a loaded question when I asked whether he would have the surgery he had my condition. Orthodics were ordered and I was told I would be contacted when they were in, but I was never contacted and had to follow up myself. My overall impression is that Dr. Baravarian is knowledgeable, but spends very little time and effort, makes a quick diagnosis, has some poor staff members, and is concerned much more about making money than helping people.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][881270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2012

You might see Dr Baravarian for five minutes. Maybe. Then you'll be sent to be fitted for unnecessary 600-700 dollar orthotics or some brace they'll bill your insurance for 500 bucks. He'll write off the assessments of neurologists and family doctors foursome unknown reason, and then make a broad and unsettling diagnosis like "you have neuropathy" (a systemic rather than local issue) without any true basis. He's a podiatrist. Just keep that in mind and don't be fooled or taken for a ride if you actually decide to visit his office. Oh and be prepped to be billed for services and items you never received.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][881274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

Great doctor have had ankle surgery from doctor bob. After surgery never had anymore trouble. Very nice and explains everything to you. Other people have complained about his prices. Well you get what you pay for.... First class here

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][881269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2012

Went in to check out a sore foot. He charged $250 just for the visit, then charged me $80 to bandage my foot, and did not even mention this would be an extra cost. He also said he would "throw in" two braces and "not to worry about it." Lo and behold I was charged for those without knowing it. This guy is a fraud. Avoid him at all costs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][881273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2011

After multiple opinions from other podiatrist's. I choose Dr Bob to perform a revision tarsal tunnel surgery to my r-ankle/foot. He is the only Dr who told me my ankle was unstable most probably due to numerous sprains over the years. He also, was the only Dr who told me the MRI showed a torn flexor tendon with cyst. He was the only Dr willing to perform the revision surgery that was needed to correct the problem. It is now almost 4 months post surgery and there is a dramatic difference in my ankle/foot. More healing is still needed. I cannot say enough about Dr Bob's professionalism and knowledge about the foot and ankle. Thank You, Dr Bob you are the man

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][881268].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2011

Very professional, serious and to the point. He is energetic and knowledgeable and therefore trustworthy. He tries all options before recommending surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][881267].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2010

Dr. Baravarian is brilliant. He immediately diagnosed my difficult situation, identifying what five UCLA Orthopedic Surgeons missed. He was able to quickly show me the difficulty with my x-ray. If I had not gone to him, my foot might have remained severely deformed from an accident. SM-UCLA didn't even have a doctor see me in the three days I was in the hospital!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][881266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2010

I would not recommend this practice. I saw 2 Doctors and both could not properly diagnose me, I was in pain and one Doctor told me to "tough it out", they want to sell you their products instantly since they make more money that way and now am stuck with a big bill and products that don't work for me. Tried to work on some kind of credit from office manager since their products did not work for me and she could care less, they will just send you to collections. There are better and more caring Podiatrists out there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][881265].votes_count ]]