Rate Dr. Erasmo A. Passaro

Dr. Erasmo A. Passaro's Ratings

Very disappointed. Supposed to be the top rated neurologist for seizures and epilepsy and he is always so busy he puts people off to his assistant. My son started having seizures out of nowhere and we were referred to him. It took almost a year to get an MRI because it HAD to be done at Bayfront and their machine was down. One time he was my son and he was texting during the entire appointment, once even leaving the room while he took a phone call. I would make appointments and insist that it be with Dr Passaro and then find out he would be seeing the assistant and have to reschedule. One they called and said his entire week would have to be rescheduled because he had "hospital duty". Now I get a call saying he was "unavailable" but he had a collegue now and she would be seeing his patients. I had to reschedule again. In the meantime I already figure out on my own what was causing his seizures, which was another medication he was taking. I asked his Psychiatrist to take him off of that which he did, and now my son is seizure free. Now I just need to transition him off of the seizure meds to confirm. Dr. Passaro is more interested in other things than his patients. And his office staff is more interested in money than the patients. What else is new?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2622238].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

I canceled my original appoint for personal reason, and was not going to reschedule. 2 weeks later, the staff reached out to. They understood my issues and were sympathetic with why I canceled. In the end they just wanted to help me, I made a follow up appoint. Dr. Passaro went the extra mile in trying to help me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

Dr. Passaro is one of the best physicians I have ever consulted. He took time with me to think about my issue, was thorough in his review, was very sensitive, and he even followed up to be sure I was OK. He saw me immediately, but I would wait for him if necessary because he is that good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][883450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

I have a narcolepsy and he was the first doctor to give me the right meds and my life is back to normal for the first time in 10 years. My 3 year old son has seizures and I took him to a ped neuro who misdisgnosed him. I took my son to Passaro for a second opinion and he correctly diagnosed him and now he is being treated properly. I think the office must be really busy because sometimes when I call they don't call me back. I just keep calling. It also seems like there is a long wait every appointment but I can wait because it is worth it to get someone of such high quality to treat such complex conditions that we have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][883449].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2009

very knowledgeable about epilepsy, patient, explained everything in detail, answered all questions, referred to related websites

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][883448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

I have been having seizures and was referred to Dr. Passaro. I waited a long period of time before seen, and the doctor barely spent 5 minutes with me. He ordered an MRI of which took their office over a month to obtain. Meantime, I am losing alot of work, ill alot because I keep having these seizures. After the MRI, I had a follow up scheduled to get results. Day of the appointment his office called and canceled. Two more times my appointment was rescheduled and canceled. I never got a chance to obtain my results. Still having seizures I sought out another neurologist, who I have to say is remarkable. He spends quality time with you, and cares. Dr. Passaro office did not seem to care what I was going through. My life turned upside down, for all of a sudden I started to have seizures and just wanted to know WHY. I was forgotten, as they were too. I advised my other physicians and other people as well of my care that was given.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][883447].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2008

DR. Passaro admitted me for testing for 4 days, I was having seizures for approximately a year, he was referred to me and i went to him. He hospitalized me only to find out it was my medicines causing the seizures after many attempts from other Doctors he is the one who found the problem.Thanks dr. Passaro. sincerely, sandra wilson

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][883446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2008

You''re asked to arrive early and end up waiting and only to be rushed through everything? Does not make sense. Staff Personnel is nasty and has an attitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][883445].votes_count ]]