Rate Dr. Mark D. Epstein

Dr. Mark D. Epstein's Ratings

I decided to get breast augmentation surgery after having breast fed 2 kids and later going off the pill. My breasts were completely deflated! I had never considered plastic surgery before, but at 41, I thought I was too young and had worked too hard on the rest of my body, to have this one part of my body that I was unsatisfied with.
Since I was apprehensive about having surgery, I did a lot of research. I read about all the different ways breast augmentation surgeries are performed. And in my research, I learned the term "one-day recovery". Very few surgeons were using this technique in which there was less pain, swelling and bruising after surgery. Dr. Epstein was the only surgeon in the New York area I found who used this method. So I booked a consolation with him, along with three additional consultations. After all four consultations I knew I wanted Dr. Epstein to perform my surgery.
Dr. Epstein and his staff were all very personable. I had a lot of questions and they really took the time to explain the procedure to me, as well as the risks, to ensure that I would be well informed. He made me feel confident that he could deliver the results I was looking for. And he would be able to do it so that I would be able to resume my normal life in one day! I decided to have the surgery in August, 2014.
My surgery was performed on a Tuesday. Immediately after my surgery I was able to raise my arms over my head. And it was a amazing that I had no bandages! I was pretty tired the rest of the day from the anesthesia, but all I needed for the minimal pain was ibuprofen. I took it easy the rest of my surgery day and slept well that night. The next day, after the anesthesia wore off, I felt like myself. I was able to get up, take a shower, and go out shopping. My husband and I even took a log walk in the park that day. I cooked dinner that night and had another good night's sleep. Thursday night we went out to dinner. By Friday night, I didn't even need the ibuprofen for pain anymore. I was able to go back to work and interact with my children without any issues. It truly was an amazing recovery. And even more importantly, my breasts look great! They are the perfect size and shape and fit my body so that I'm properly proportioned now.
If anyone I know is considering plastic surgery I would strongly recommend Dr. Epstein to perform their procedure. I'm so happy with my decision and my results!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554985].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2014

VASER 4D lipoabdominoplasty with VASER of the flanks, inner and outer thighs
by Happy Mother Of 3 on Sep 25th, 2014
I'm a 50 year old mother of 3 and I had waited a long time to treat myself to ”VASER 4D lipoabdominoplasty with VASER of the flanks, inner and outer thighs”. Although I am petite, 5'3 and 118 pounds, I always wanted to get back my pre-pregnancy body and all the diet and exercise just couldn't get me there. I had originally had a surgery date with another plastic surgeon but always had some apprehension. My husband suggested we get another consultation so we decided to book an appointment with Dr. Mark Epstein in StonyBrook. From the time we entered his office for my consultation through my most recent 8 week post-op check-up-the entire experience was great. Dr. Epstein spent at least 1 1/2 hours educating us about the procedure, his experience doing the procedure and what to expect from ”VASER 4D lipoabdominoplasty with VASER of the flanks, inner and outer thighs” recovery . I don't think my husband and I spent more than 10 minutes thinking about which surgeon we felt most comfortable with. That evening, we booked my surgery date for July 30, 2014 and immediately cancelled with the first surgeon we had met with. After we made the decision to book with Dr. Epstein, the best was yet to come. The entire staff is welcoming and warm and they really get you prepared for the day of surgery. I followed every recommendation given so that I would achieve the best results. July 30th, I arrived for surgery and the procedure took about 6 hours. Dr. Epstein met with me right before surgery to answer any last minute questions that I could have had. After that, I was introduced to his nurses and anesthesiologist, Dr. Levy and started to prep me for my surgery. I woke up in recovery and was immediately cared for by his nurse, Arlene. OMG, she was just incredible, sweet and so nurturing. We spent the night at a local hotel and Arlene cared for me the entire time we were together. Dr. Epstein used Exparel during my procedure so my abdomen was numb for 4 days while I started to heal. Additionally, i had a drainless tummy tuck so that also made a tough procedure easier to heal from. I'm not the best patient but was up and about sooner than I had anticipated and considering the amount of work I had done, felt pretty good. Everyday gets better and better. I have been having ultrasound and lymphatic massages to speed up the healing process and just started laser treatments on my scars. Now I am 8 weeks post-op back at the gym and in my skinny jeans. The results are great and everyday they get better. I follow up with all my appointments and the staff is always warm and welcoming. I have had no complications and my husband and I know that it was all due to the skill and perfectionism that Dr. Epstein works on achieving for all of his patients. All I can say is that this was the best gift that I have ever given to myself and I would do it all over again since my results have been better than I had hoped for. The best advise I can offer anyone is go for all of your consults and then see Dr. Epstein-you will have no doubts that you are in the hands of a fine surgeon, a warm and caring individual and a staff of professionals that are there for you every step of the way! Best of luck to you all...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2552227].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

After conducting extensive research, I decided to book a consultation with Dr. Epstein. He made me feel comfortable and answered all my questions. I noticed my wait time in the waiting room was very short and the staff were welcoming and took me in to see Dr. Epstein promptly. I booked my breast augmentation surgery immediately after. I was mailed 2 very imformative booklets, read everything and was ready for the big day! The anesthesiologist called me the night before and explained everything I needed to know. She was incredibly sweet and made me feel like I was in good hands. The day of surgery was great. I arrived, the staff was warm, welcoming and professional. The surgery took about 45 minutes. When I woke up I felt tired but great and felt ABSOLUTELY no pain! I was even able to lift both arms above my head. I went home, took a nap and my medicine as directed. I felt nauseus from the anesthesia which was expected. Since my husband and I just moved into our new home, we needed to run errands that evening so we went out and I still felt great. The only medicine I needed was tylenol - nothing stronger was needed! However, I did feel very swollen and as a result, my chest felt very tight. Dr. Epstein assured me it was only because the skin had been stretched from the implants and each day it would feel less and less tight. I returned to work 2 days after surgery, was able to drive, do laundry, clean, etc. I couldn't believe it! It's now 2 months later and I'm very happy with my results. I'm even more happy that I never felt ANY pain and the surgery didnt disrupt my life at all. Dr. Epstein's "One Day Recovery" is truly the best technique! It's hard to believe but it does. I'm so happy I chose Dr. Epstein!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

I am 53, very active and fit and my goal in deciding to have Breast augmentation was to look natural and be comfortable with body. Dr. Epstein helped me achieve that goal. I immediately gained trust him and his office after an extensive consultation and exam. He assured me that I would be the size that was right for my body. His entire staff was so knowledgeable, helpful and comforting to me and helped me through my whole experience. Being in the Healthcare profession myself, I know how important it is to share safe, effective and innovative procedures and techniques that revolutionize a field of practice or procedure. This in hopes of enabling more women to have the results they desire in the least amount of recovery time. Dr. Epstein's next day recovery technique is amazing! Other's claim Rapid Recovery, but no one I know except for Dr. Epstein's patients truly recover this fast and look so natural. Very Happy and Sincerely grateful, Randi K

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2431230].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

VASER 4D Lipoabdominoplasty with VASER back, flanks, inner and outer thighs, abdomen, fat transfer buttocks (Brazilian butt lift) and creation of a new umbilicus (belly button)- From consultation to aftercare, Dr. Epstein and his staff were wonderful. My results are very impressive and I am extremely satisfied. He exceeded all my expectations. Pain was minimal and manageable. Dr. Epstein uses techniques that no one else does. I chose to have a new belly button created instead of using my original one and having the tell-tale scars of a tummy tuck. My newly created belly button and flat stomach are amazing! Lipo on back, flanks and thighs have given me a beautifully sculpted figure.The fat injection in butt gives me great curves. Procedure took about six hours. Dr Epstein uses Experal during procedure and that relieves the pain for a few days after. Also I did not have any drains.Dr Epstein is very caring and takes a lot of pride in all his work. I am beyond thrilled with my results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2431229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Epstein by a friend. I was looking for a plastic surgeon for my breast augmentation & was impressed by the fact that my friend needed no narcotics post-surgery. Dr. Epstein took his time coming up with the best plan. After having breast-fed my 2 children, Dr. Epstein felt that I would get the best result with a breast lift & an augmentation. He used computer simulated images to show the look I would receive with & without the lift. It was clear to me that a lift would be my best option to achieve optimal result. Dr. Epstein called me the night of my surgery to see how I was feeling. I felt well enough to go out to a meeting the same day as the surgery! I was able to lift my hands above my head the next morning & I never needed anything stronger then Ibuprofen. I felt comfortable driving 4 days after my surgery & I think I would have been driving sooner if I just had an augmentation. I am extremely happy with my results & would highly recommend Dr. Epstein.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2431228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Dr Mark Epstein is a fantastic plastic surgeon. I am so happy i chose him to do my breast augmentation . The consultation was great and very informative, he explained everything to me and answered all my questions. The very next day i called his office and scheduled my surgery. THE ONE DAY RECOVERY WORKS!!! I was able to work, take care of my children and drive the day after i had my breast done . I even went to a concert !!! I am doing great and the results are amazing . I could not be happier .Thank you Dr Epstein , You are the BEST.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2431227].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

There are a few things that set Dr. Epstein apart from other surgeons. First is the wonderful, friendly staff in his office. Second is that he listens to what you really want. I was trying to aim for a ‘natural look’. I didn’t want people to know I had implants. Third is that he takes precise measurements of the body. The implant size was a formula determined with the numbers of my body measurements. I got the Allergan 410 Gummy Bear Implants with a under breast crease incision. I absolutely love them because they are a natural, teardrop shape. With the help of his 4D imaging machine I was able to see what the implants were going to look like from all angles of my body. Another reason I chose Dr. Epstein was because of the rapid recovery. He created an entire process for quick, nearly painless recovery. After surgery, I went home took two moltrin and a nap and went shopping . I had no bandages around me or medical bra. I am so pleased with my results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][883976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2014

To anyone who is considering BreastAugmentation,Dr.Epstein is the Surgeonto see.If down time is a concern for you,don’t let it be,because there is none.I had my surgery on 11/26/2013.Iwalked out of the office without any Wraps,Bandagesand without any Pain.I left wrapped only in the zip up sweatshirt I walked inwith.WhenI was told at my consultation I would be going out for dinner,shopping or too a movie that same night,I had a hard time imaging that,but I actually went out shopping that night feeling amazing.I did not take any pain medication what so ever after my surgery.I had my hands over my head in the recovery room.This is truly what Rapid Recovery is,Dr. Epstein answered every one of my questions and went over all of my concern and made me feel so safe and Comfortable.My implants fit my body perfectly. The staff treated me like family, the nurses and medical coordinator were amazing as well.Ifyou are looking for perfect Breast,a perfect Doctorand staff this is the place tobe.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][883975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2014

Having lived for many years with hip and back pain due to the large size of my breasts, I decided to have a breast reduction. After researching many Long Island plastic surgeons and multiple consultations later, I selected Dr. Mark Epstein to perform my breast reduction. My breast reduction was a large one with more than four pounds of tissue being removed from each breast. From the moment I walked into his office, I was made to feel incredibly comfortable not only by him but his entire staff as well. I knew I had made the right choice when only a few hours after the procedure I was having dinner with my children. I recovered quickly with no bruising and minimal scarring. I kept waiting to feel the pain that is often associated with breast reductions yet I never did. Thank you Dr. Epstein and your team for a new lease on life!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][883974].votes_count ]]