Rate Dr. Mark D. Epstein

Dr. Mark D. Epstein's Ratings

After careful research and consideration I chose Dr. Epstein to do my surgery and from the moment I walked into the office His entire staff was courteous and very professional. I was greeted by Sam his nurse and Mary Ellen and they were very kind, caring and compassionate. When I met Dr. Epstein and we had our consultation I felt totally confident after discussing what I wanted the outcome to be along with his professional opinion. I highly recommend Dr. Epstein and his staff and his one day recovery was truly everything they said it would be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2584513].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

I underwent breast augmentation 25 years ago, after nursing my second child caused my already tiny breasts to completely flatten. While raising my children, it only slightly bothered me that my breasts were getting harder and disfigured. In 2012 I detected several frightening lumps, and underwent an ultrasound and MRI, which thankfully only showed areas of scar tissue around the implants. I had consults with 2 other plastic surgeons as the implants needed to be removed and replaced, but on speaking with Dr. Epstein I immediately made an appointment for surgery. He explained my old implants had ruptured and encapsulated, and due to the extreme scarring he had a lot of work to do to repair this long-term damage. He was so comforting, professional and empathetic - I had no doubt I would be in the best hands for this extensive revision. He and his staff explained every step of the procedure and after-care, and I underwent the surgery on 7/3/12. That evening I felt so wonderful that I called my friends for an impromptu BBQ on the 4th! No one at the party even suspected that I had had major surgery the day before (my implants are my little secret!), and I only needed 2 Advil for minor discomfort that day!!
I am writing this now since I'm contemplating other revisions, and Dr. Epstein is the ONLY plastic surgeon that I would consider for any surgery. He is a genius with a scalpel!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2584512].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

Getting a breast augmentation was the best decision I have made, and an even better decision was going to the PS that I went to which is Dr. Epstein in Stonybrook, ny. He was my first consult and my last. Going in I was really nervous, and also really eager to get what I was looking for. He took the time to listen to my wants and what I valued most was his approach to minimize any health risks that could occur. My breast were tubular, and the implants that worked best for me were the silicone gel ones. Which would minimize that tubular look and round out my breasts, and you can't even tell that I had tubular breasts before. They look amazing and he did a fantastic job. I would recommend him to anyone 100% ! His staff is excellent as well. Any questions or concerns I have him and his staff get back to me right away and my recovery process was amazing ! One day recovery is no joke. I was able to lift my hands over my head the day of surgery. All recovery processes should be as easy as this was. I went from a 32a to a full b small c and I am obsessed with them, they look amazing. Thank you Dr. Epstein !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2580209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

I am about 7 months post op from having breast augmentation surgery with Dr. Epstein in order to correct a previous surgery and my results are superb. Due to his use of the 24 hour recovery method I was able to lift my arms over my head immediately post op. I wasn't able to do this for about two weeks after my first surgery! I also had no record of my previous implant size or type and Dr. Epstein was still able to choose a perfect size implant for me. Since I've always had slightly tuberous breasts I never thought it would be possible for me to look like this! Even after my first surgery things never looked quite "normal" but I told myself that this was the best I could do with the cards I'd been dealt. I was wrong! The only regret I have is not having gone to Dr. Epstein first! I could've looked like this for years, worn bathing suits, normal bras, pretty tops. I also have had vaser lipo with Dr. Epstein and was so happy with that, I immediately came to him to revise my breast surgery! The thought of going somewhere else never even crossed my mind. The medical and office staff are kind and knowledgeable and contributed a great deal to the ease of the entire experience. Dr Epstein is caring, meticulous, and extremely talented. Thank you Dr. Epstein and staff!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2575441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

October 9, 2014

Dear Dr. Epstein and Staff

I'd like to take this time to thank you all for the wonderful treatment you gave me when I had breast augmentation procedure on May 28th. Leading up to that day, I was apprehensive and bit fearful. The reassurance, caring nature and professionalism I received from you and your staff eased my fears and I felt safe knowing I made the wright decision in choosing you as my doctor.
After my procedure I was very pleased that I had a speedy recovery and was able to proceed with my daily function within 24 hours. Needless to say I love my new and improved look and the asymmetry of my breast are perfect.

Warmest Regards
Alannah M

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

There are many facets when choosing a doctor for any type of cosmetic surgery. Dr. Epstein's office has all three areas that are a must. Dr. Epstein is an excellent doctor, a professional staff who are warm and welcoming and a great post surgery follow up. I am in my late 50s, alway in great shape but wasn't happy with my small breasts. I decided to change that and researched many doctors before choosing Dr. Epstein. My experience from consultation to the post surgery has been nothing but outstanding! I had surgery on Wednesday and that Saturday hosted a party for over 60 guests with no problems. My recovery was less than 24 hours. I was lifting my arms over my head the next day with little discomfort. The fact is I experienced no real pain so there was no need for any medication other than Tylenol. I'm am extremely pleased with the outcome. I look like I never had surgery that's how natural Dr. Epstein made me look. I wish I had done this 10 years ago. It's the best present I ever could give myself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2568200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

I decided to get breast augmentation surgery after having breast fed 2 kids and later going off the pill. My breasts were completely deflated! I had never considered plastic surgery before, but at 41, I thought I was too young and had worked too hard on the rest of my body, to have this one part of my body that I was unsatisfied with.
Since I was apprehensive about having surgery, I did a lot of research. I read about all the different ways breast augmentation surgeries are performed. And in my research, I learned the term "one-day recovery". Very few surgeons were using this technique in which there was less pain, swelling and bruising after surgery. Dr. Epstein was the only surgeon in the New York area I found who used this method. So I booked a consolation with him, along with three additional consultations. After all four consultations I knew I wanted Dr. Epstein to perform my surgery.
Dr. Epstein and his staff were all very personable. I had a lot of questions and they really took the time to explain the procedure to me, as well as the risks, to ensure that I would be well informed. He made me feel confident that he could deliver the results I was looking for. And he would be able to do it so that I would be able to resume my normal life in one day! I decided to have the surgery in August, 2014.
My surgery was performed on a Tuesday. Immediately after my surgery I was able to raise my arms over my head. And it was a amazing that I had no bandages! I was pretty tired the rest of the day from the anesthesia, but all I needed for the minimal pain was ibuprofen. I took it easy the rest of my surgery day and slept well that night. The next day, after the anesthesia wore off, I felt like myself. I was able to get up, take a shower, and go out shopping. My husband and I even took a log walk in the park that day. I cooked dinner that night and had another good night's sleep. Thursday night we went out to dinner. By Friday night, I didn't even need the ibuprofen for pain anymore. I was able to go back to work and interact with my children without any issues. It truly was an amazing recovery. And even more importantly, my breasts look great! They are the perfect size and shape and fit my body so that I'm properly proportioned now.
If anyone I know is considering plastic surgery I would strongly recommend Dr. Epstein to perform their procedure. I'm so happy with my decision and my results!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554985].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2014

VASER 4D lipoabdominoplasty with VASER of the flanks, inner and outer thighs
by Happy Mother Of 3 on Sep 25th, 2014
I'm a 50 year old mother of 3 and I had waited a long time to treat myself to ”VASER 4D lipoabdominoplasty with VASER of the flanks, inner and outer thighs”. Although I am petite, 5'3 and 118 pounds, I always wanted to get back my pre-pregnancy body and all the diet and exercise just couldn't get me there. I had originally had a surgery date with another plastic surgeon but always had some apprehension. My husband suggested we get another consultation so we decided to book an appointment with Dr. Mark Epstein in StonyBrook. From the time we entered his office for my consultation through my most recent 8 week post-op check-up-the entire experience was great. Dr. Epstein spent at least 1 1/2 hours educating us about the procedure, his experience doing the procedure and what to expect from ”VASER 4D lipoabdominoplasty with VASER of the flanks, inner and outer thighs” recovery . I don't think my husband and I spent more than 10 minutes thinking about which surgeon we felt most comfortable with. That evening, we booked my surgery date for July 30, 2014 and immediately cancelled with the first surgeon we had met with. After we made the decision to book with Dr. Epstein, the best was yet to come. The entire staff is welcoming and warm and they really get you prepared for the day of surgery. I followed every recommendation given so that I would achieve the best results. July 30th, I arrived for surgery and the procedure took about 6 hours. Dr. Epstein met with me right before surgery to answer any last minute questions that I could have had. After that, I was introduced to his nurses and anesthesiologist, Dr. Levy and started to prep me for my surgery. I woke up in recovery and was immediately cared for by his nurse, Arlene. OMG, she was just incredible, sweet and so nurturing. We spent the night at a local hotel and Arlene cared for me the entire time we were together. Dr. Epstein used Exparel during my procedure so my abdomen was numb for 4 days while I started to heal. Additionally, i had a drainless tummy tuck so that also made a tough procedure easier to heal from. I'm not the best patient but was up and about sooner than I had anticipated and considering the amount of work I had done, felt pretty good. Everyday gets better and better. I have been having ultrasound and lymphatic massages to speed up the healing process and just started laser treatments on my scars. Now I am 8 weeks post-op back at the gym and in my skinny jeans. The results are great and everyday they get better. I follow up with all my appointments and the staff is always warm and welcoming. I have had no complications and my husband and I know that it was all due to the skill and perfectionism that Dr. Epstein works on achieving for all of his patients. All I can say is that this was the best gift that I have ever given to myself and I would do it all over again since my results have been better than I had hoped for. The best advise I can offer anyone is go for all of your consults and then see Dr. Epstein-you will have no doubts that you are in the hands of a fine surgeon, a warm and caring individual and a staff of professionals that are there for you every step of the way! Best of luck to you all...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2552227].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

After conducting extensive research, I decided to book a consultation with Dr. Epstein. He made me feel comfortable and answered all my questions. I noticed my wait time in the waiting room was very short and the staff were welcoming and took me in to see Dr. Epstein promptly. I booked my breast augmentation surgery immediately after. I was mailed 2 very imformative booklets, read everything and was ready for the big day! The anesthesiologist called me the night before and explained everything I needed to know. She was incredibly sweet and made me feel like I was in good hands. The day of surgery was great. I arrived, the staff was warm, welcoming and professional. The surgery took about 45 minutes. When I woke up I felt tired but great and felt ABSOLUTELY no pain! I was even able to lift both arms above my head. I went home, took a nap and my medicine as directed. I felt nauseus from the anesthesia which was expected. Since my husband and I just moved into our new home, we needed to run errands that evening so we went out and I still felt great. The only medicine I needed was tylenol - nothing stronger was needed! However, I did feel very swollen and as a result, my chest felt very tight. Dr. Epstein assured me it was only because the skin had been stretched from the implants and each day it would feel less and less tight. I returned to work 2 days after surgery, was able to drive, do laundry, clean, etc. I couldn't believe it! It's now 2 months later and I'm very happy with my results. I'm even more happy that I never felt ANY pain and the surgery didnt disrupt my life at all. Dr. Epstein's "One Day Recovery" is truly the best technique! It's hard to believe but it does. I'm so happy I chose Dr. Epstein!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

I am 53, very active and fit and my goal in deciding to have Breast augmentation was to look natural and be comfortable with body. Dr. Epstein helped me achieve that goal. I immediately gained trust him and his office after an extensive consultation and exam. He assured me that I would be the size that was right for my body. His entire staff was so knowledgeable, helpful and comforting to me and helped me through my whole experience. Being in the Healthcare profession myself, I know how important it is to share safe, effective and innovative procedures and techniques that revolutionize a field of practice or procedure. This in hopes of enabling more women to have the results they desire in the least amount of recovery time. Dr. Epstein's next day recovery technique is amazing! Other's claim Rapid Recovery, but no one I know except for Dr. Epstein's patients truly recover this fast and look so natural. Very Happy and Sincerely grateful, Randi K

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2431230].votes_count ]]