Rate Dr. Mark D. Epstein

Dr. Mark D. Epstein's Ratings

For anyone that is considering breast augmentation, specifically 24 hour, or one-day recovery breast augmentation, I would HIGHLY recommend you choose Dr Epstein.

Since I was a teenager I knew I wanted breast augmentation. The reason I didn’t have the surgery sooner (I am 31 now), is because I saw six different friends of mine experience breast augmentation with other surgeons on Long Island that couldn’t move their upper body for at least a week, were in excruciating pain, or chose implants way too big for their frames. The thought of being useless, and having to take valuable vacation time from work for 1-2 weeks was enough to deter me from having the surgery done.

After much debate, I finally decided I was not going to let another summer of extra small bikini tops go by and started searching for a surgeon. Based on my friends’ experiences, I knew exactly where NOT to go. I was immediately interested because of the one-day recovery process, but also he was the only surgeon with before & after pictures that looked completely natural.

Walking into the consult I was still not 100% sure that I was going to go through with the surgery, or even choose him as my surgeon. Within the first 5 minutes, I knew I was going to go forward with the surgery, and that he would be my surgeon. Both Dr Epstein & his staff were extremely knowledgeable, professional & patient with answering all of my questions. Besides having great bedside manner, I chose him because he offered the 24 hour recovery AND took very tedious measurements and was able to suggest the best implant size and type for my body, tissue quality and desired look. After looking at my 3D imaging of both the round silicone & anatomical gummy bear implants, we agreed on the Naturelle Gummy Bear Implants, which are the best on the market & would give me the most natural look.

Never being under general anesthesia before, I was so nervous about going under but that quickly went away after reading through the detailed booklet they sent me after I scheduled my surgery, and talking to the OR nurse Arlene (who is awesome!) & the anesthesiologist Dr Slepian (equally as awesome) the few days before surgery.

Since I never had a good experience with narcotic pain meds, Dr Slepian & I decided that I would not have ANY during surgery & if I woke up in pain, they would administer a low dose. Dr Epstein reassured me that since his surgical technique is much less invasive, I would most likely be OK without it.

The day of surgery I was surprisingly not nervous at all because I felt 100% confident in the choice made to choose Dr Epstein’s practice. Arlene & Dr Slepian made me feel completely at ease walking into the OR, we were having a nice conversation & the next thing I remember is waking up in recovery with the recovery room RN Kristi (just as awesome- see the pattern here?) asking me what my pain level was on a scale of 1-10. I felt a little bit of tightness so I said 2. Two?! After having breast augmentation surgery with NO narcotics, or any other pain medication, I was at a 2?! To be honest, I never really felt pain after, it was just more discomfort so I didn’t get any pain medication while in recovery.

I hung out in recovery for a bit & went home to take my prescribed 2 hour nap. When I woke up, I felt a little tightness, but not pain… keep in mind I hadn’t take anything, not even Tylenol at this point. Before bed, I laid on my chest for 15 minutes (as prescribed), this was the only time I felt MILD pain/ discomfort so I took 1 extra strength Tylenol & went to bed. The next day I had some tightness but NO pain & was able to get dressed myself, shower, wash my hair, do my arm raises, wash dishes & went shopping for a little bit.

I had the surgery Tuesday & was back to work Friday. I could have gone back on Thursday but I wanted to give myself an extra day to recover. I was at the gym walking on the treadmill (you can’t raise your heart rate too high the first 3 weeks) by Saturday. By Monday, I was on a plane to Las Vegas for a work trip & was able to carry my luggage with no issue. I had my coworker pick up my luggage out of the baggage claim since she offered, but otherwise I was able to do everything on my own.

I’m now 5 weeks post op & could not be happier with my results (I went from a 34A/B to a 34D). My breasts look completely natural already & my scars are already becoming less noticeable each day. I am 100% happy with the size we chose; I feel like it was the perfect fit for my body. My clothes fit so much better & I can finally hold up a strapless dress!

If you are looking for a skilled cosmetic surgeon to give you amazing results, with little pain or downtime, look no further. I cannot express how glad I am that I chose Dr Epstein & his team for my surgery, they take pride in what they do & strive to give each patient the best results possible. Thank you Dr Epstein!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2754934].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

After breastfeeding two kids I was left with a chest not filling cup A. I was always very self conscious of how I looked in bathing suits or any other type of clothes that didn’t allow me to wear padded bras. I wanted full B, small C. I ended up getting Gummy 270cc for a full B, maybe a small C. The thing that swayed me to go with Dr. Epstein was 24 hour recovery. And that is exactly what I got. There was actually absolutely no down time at all. I left the office after surgery, got home, took a nap, woke up and went on about my business without skipping a bit. I did laundry, participated in all my usual activities with kids. I did take extra strength Tylenol the following morning but just as a precaution. It was Thanksgiving Day and we were going to my parents’ house. I was nervous I would start feeling something, but I never did feel any pain. I even held my 15 lbs baby nephew, no pain! Day after Thanksgiving I had a dinner party at my house. Again, felt absolutely fine. I did feel tightness for about a month, and it did get annoying at times. My nipples were sore as well. Now it is 4 months later, my breasts are soft and look very natural. I nipples are still sensitive to the touch. And I am just now regaining sensation in the bottom of my breast. None of that bothers me. In retrospect, I should have gone a little bigger, but Dr. said my muscle was very tight and that would be difficult for a natural look using Gummies… Overall I am happy with the outcome.

Dr. Epstein described in detail the procedure and what to expect. His staff is very friends and professional. Everything was described in detail, all questions answered over the phone or via email.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2750632].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

I chose to undergo breast augmentation because after having 3 kids and nursing them all, my once size C breasts had deflated to a size A. Dr Epstein delivered everything he promised. He gave me the size C I wanted. The 24 hour recovery was real. The next day I was back to taking care of my 3 kids. The worst I felt was sore like I had worked out my pectorals hard at the gym. I didn't have to take ibuprofen after the first 24 hours. I was able to lift my arms within minutes from coming out of surgery. Dr Epstein's website is very accurate and thorough as to what a patient can expect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2688322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2015

Dr Mark Epstein is a wonderful and knowledgeable doctor. He was patient and kind and answered all of my questions. He also has a great sense of humor. That was important to me because I tend to kid around when I'm feeling stressed. Laughing and smiling WITH him helped to calm my nerves. His office is state-of-the-art with incredible technology. When I asked him about one of the displays on the wall...he told me he had invented an instrument used in surgery! This guy must REALLY know what he is doing, if he is creating the tools for successful surgeries. I wouldn't hesitate to have any surgical procedure performed by him. He is a perfectionist...and that goes a long way with me. Thorough, smart and and well-informed on the latest techniques....I highly recommend Dr Mark Epstein for anything you need done!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2667483].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

Words can't express the level of professionalism and the outstanding results that Dr. Epstein has. I am simply elated with my breast augmentation results and beyond happy to have found such an amazing doctor and staff. I'd totally give him 6 stars if i could!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

When my daughter decided to have a breast augmentation I panicked. I began my research and visited numerous surgeons my husband and I decided that if she was going to do it we must find the best doctor. From the moment I walked into his office his entire staff were friendly and extremely professional. After the consultation I felt confident that Dr. Epstein was the perfect doctor. He answered all my questions and understood my fears . The day of the surgery was amazing they kept me informed and calmed me down. The results were beyond expectations and her recovery was like he said one day. I highly recommend Dr. Epstein and I will be forever grateful to him and his formidable staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649537].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

After careful research and consideration I chose Dr. Epstein to do my surgery and from the moment I walked into the office His entire staff was courteous and very professional. I was greeted by Sam his nurse and Mary Ellen and they were very kind, caring and compassionate. When I met Dr. Epstein and we had our consultation I felt totally confident after discussing what I wanted the outcome to be along with his professional opinion. I highly recommend Dr. Epstein and his staff and his one day recovery was truly everything they said it would be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2584513].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

I underwent breast augmentation 25 years ago, after nursing my second child caused my already tiny breasts to completely flatten. While raising my children, it only slightly bothered me that my breasts were getting harder and disfigured. In 2012 I detected several frightening lumps, and underwent an ultrasound and MRI, which thankfully only showed areas of scar tissue around the implants. I had consults with 2 other plastic surgeons as the implants needed to be removed and replaced, but on speaking with Dr. Epstein I immediately made an appointment for surgery. He explained my old implants had ruptured and encapsulated, and due to the extreme scarring he had a lot of work to do to repair this long-term damage. He was so comforting, professional and empathetic - I had no doubt I would be in the best hands for this extensive revision. He and his staff explained every step of the procedure and after-care, and I underwent the surgery on 7/3/12. That evening I felt so wonderful that I called my friends for an impromptu BBQ on the 4th! No one at the party even suspected that I had had major surgery the day before (my implants are my little secret!), and I only needed 2 Advil for minor discomfort that day!!
I am writing this now since I'm contemplating other revisions, and Dr. Epstein is the ONLY plastic surgeon that I would consider for any surgery. He is a genius with a scalpel!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2584512].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

Getting a breast augmentation was the best decision I have made, and an even better decision was going to the PS that I went to which is Dr. Epstein in Stonybrook, ny. He was my first consult and my last. Going in I was really nervous, and also really eager to get what I was looking for. He took the time to listen to my wants and what I valued most was his approach to minimize any health risks that could occur. My breast were tubular, and the implants that worked best for me were the silicone gel ones. Which would minimize that tubular look and round out my breasts, and you can't even tell that I had tubular breasts before. They look amazing and he did a fantastic job. I would recommend him to anyone 100% ! His staff is excellent as well. Any questions or concerns I have him and his staff get back to me right away and my recovery process was amazing ! One day recovery is no joke. I was able to lift my hands over my head the day of surgery. All recovery processes should be as easy as this was. I went from a 32a to a full b small c and I am obsessed with them, they look amazing. Thank you Dr. Epstein !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2580209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

I am about 7 months post op from having breast augmentation surgery with Dr. Epstein in order to correct a previous surgery and my results are superb. Due to his use of the 24 hour recovery method I was able to lift my arms over my head immediately post op. I wasn't able to do this for about two weeks after my first surgery! I also had no record of my previous implant size or type and Dr. Epstein was still able to choose a perfect size implant for me. Since I've always had slightly tuberous breasts I never thought it would be possible for me to look like this! Even after my first surgery things never looked quite "normal" but I told myself that this was the best I could do with the cards I'd been dealt. I was wrong! The only regret I have is not having gone to Dr. Epstein first! I could've looked like this for years, worn bathing suits, normal bras, pretty tops. I also have had vaser lipo with Dr. Epstein and was so happy with that, I immediately came to him to revise my breast surgery! The thought of going somewhere else never even crossed my mind. The medical and office staff are kind and knowledgeable and contributed a great deal to the ease of the entire experience. Dr Epstein is caring, meticulous, and extremely talented. Thank you Dr. Epstein and staff!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2575441].votes_count ]]