Dr. Christopher P. Crotty

Grad. Year: 1975

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 22 reviews. Dr. Christopher P. Crotty has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dermatologist-related: skin disease, warts, acne, rash, dermatitis, skin tumors, moles, skin cancer, psoriasis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

23/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Christopher" to "Christopher P."
RID: 2873563
23/09/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Crotty is the best im a african american guy he treated me like i was special he did not rush or anything the staff is real pleasant all had smiles on there face i love going to there office im there threw workers comp i wish i can afford him regularly but i can't but i had blackheads whiteheads scars now my face is clear
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 2768046
14/08/13 5 4 5 5 I was in for a full skin check today and saw their new PA Nicole Hill she was extremely knowledgeable and her bedside manner was so very pleasant and sweet. Dr. Crotty's staff members are always so helpful! Smiling and sweet from beginning to end. Fantastic office 5 stars for Sand Lake Dermatology. I highly recommend them.
RID: 2720414
27/07/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Crotty and staff are the best. When you enter the office you are greeted with a very positive smile. While waiting the patients that frequent this office are very nice. Once your name is called your wait time is minimal. The doctors and staff treat you like family. After a few visits you are remembered by face and name. Dr. Crotty and staff are the models for courtesy, knowledge and professionalism. Thank God for these doctors and their staff.
Insurance: AARP
RID: 2478827
20/11/12 5 5 5 5 I been his patient for the pass 7 years for treatment of differents conditions: varicoces veins, black mole removal, brownn spots treatment and i trust his knowledge completely. He look for what is best for the patient at the moment without rushing into a treatment that you may bring in mind; he alway explain every step into you recover. It was a time that he no onger accept my insurance and i continue my treatment out of pocket because i TRUST him w my skin. Love the staff, love Dr Crotty
RID: 2136503
13/05/12 5 5 5 5 My wife and I are long time clients. We have recieved excellent care from a caring, competent Dr. Crotty, his staff, and his nurses.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1676905
04/01/12 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Crotty now for 10 years..and now Ive relocated to Canada, I make the effort to incorporate my vacation time to see him twice a year. I have exzema and he uses the Grens on me, no other doctor or facility has this in the entire world. He is the best, dermatologist who with his staff make a great team. I wish Canada had services like his. I dont mind paying out of pocket and driving for 2 days to see him. He has helpd where in Canada no one has yet.Thank you Dr. Crotty:)  Respond

06/07/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1444628
18/05/11 5 5 5 5 I was a new patient. Doctor and staff were very kind professionals . procedure was painless. Healing was very quick. All was way above my expectations. Million thanks would not be enough. With sincere respect, Badri
RID: 1392375
20/03/11 5 4 5 5 saw the P.A. and her nurse was cookie and they both were so friendly and truly cared about me as a whole person. i reccomend this office highly. I am very happy with the caring staff from the first person to the last.
RID: 1389371
16/03/11 5 5 5 5 This was one of the best experiences I have ever had at a doctor's office! My appointment was on time and the staff was very friendly. I saw the PA and she was very helpful, knowledgable and took her time to answer all my questions - even discussed things I hadn't thought to ask about. I even had the opportunity to meet the doctor before I left as well. I have had experience with previous dermatologists who seem to want to take off every mole or discoloration. The staff at this office seems to take a much more reasonable approach. I would highly recommend this doctor and his staff.
RID: 1346299
25/01/11 5 5 5 5 I love this office! My face has cleared up and I was amazed at the crotty fading cream. It really works. The staff is pleasant, professional and personable from the time you enter the waiting room. The waiting room was packed but that tells me it is a great office and not empty one. The nurses are awesome and answered all my questions. I liked that they spent time with me. Best office I have ever been to.!!!
RID: 1299422
22/11/10 5 3 5 5 I recommend this office highly to anyone who appreciates superior customer service. From the time I walked in I felt genuinely cared for. Dr. Crotty spent time with me and reassured me of my concerns. He introduced me to his PA, Janet, who is very knowledgable in cosmetics. His Crotty's fading cream is like dipping into the fountain of youth!! I love it and highly recommended it to all of my friends! I did wait a little longer than I would have liked to but I guess it's a small price to pay for great service. It's nice to go somewhere and not feel like a number.
RID: 1296000
17/11/10 1 1 1 3 Experience here was worse than any anywhere I have been. I saw the physician assistant (so rude). She didn't give me 5 min of her time to answer my questions, explain side effects of what she prescribed me.. She suggest accutane (I have maybe 4-5 real breakouts at my worst) and I seemed concerned she launched into a rant about how there are not risks with accutane and spoke to me like I have no brain. Even if I had the worst skin in the world the derm. should not make one feel like that is the case. She was quick to suggest expensive facial treatments that they would not confirm if they would covered by my insurance. I was asked if I wanted to schedule some of the treatments, which I had no information on, There nurse who came to explain it to me, but then seem confused and stated "your skin looks great, why would you need that?" Place seems like they are out to make money and have no interpersonal communication skills. I really can't believe how rude and demeaning they are here.
RID: 1263135
01/10/10 4 2 3 4 I saw his PA because Dr. Crotty is too difficult to get in with and I honestly could care less if I see a PA. Pros: Dr. Crotty's fading cream is an absolute miracle. I have gotten so many compliments on my skin since I started using it! Cons: I felt hurried when trying to talk to the PA about my concerns. Their prices are crazy expensive. For example, laser resurfacing is $3,000 at Dr. Crotty's, whereas it is only a $1,250 at my plastic surgeons office. Another thing that worried me is when I asked about the laser they said they have to RENT the machine because he doesn't do it often enough. That was a red flag that laser is not a cosmetic procedure I should get done their. Doctors should own these machines because they make a lot of money doing it, but when a doctor says RENT anything- BEWARE!!! --I can't stress enough what Dr. Crotty's cream has done for my face. I look 5 years younger and my skin looks just how I have always wanted!
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 470170
22/12/07 1 5 1 2 Staff acted like they worked in a private club, that I had intruded upon them, even though they accept my insurance (how I even found them in the first place). I needed good skin care, instead I received poor care. I will never return and recommend others look beyond location and name if they desire good medical care.  Respond
RID: 459284
07/12/07 5 5 5 5 I have insurance and I choose to come here just because of the great staff from the time in to the time out, everyone is wonderful and kind. Dr. Crotty is the best doctor and I don't mind traveling the 2 1/2 hrs to see him. I know that my scripts are going to get called in and if I have an insurance issue it's taken care of. THE BEST OFFICE!!  Respond
RID: 382915
09/08/07 5 4 5 5 Tho Dr. Crotty was unable to help me, he was very persistent in trying different approaches, and very sympathetic.
RID: 371737
23/07/07 5 3 5 5 FROM START TO FINISH, ENTIRE OFFICE PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONABLE  Respond
RID: 359243
04/07/07 5 5 5 5 Everything about my 3 visits was positive, from the fact that a human being answered the phone, spoke with me in a friendly helpful manner, to the short waits in the attractive reception room, right through to the professional caring staff. Dr. Crotty really knows his dermatology, and even recommended a less expensive non-invasive option to treat my problem. A telephone call after my last visit was answered promptly and the nurse Judy's advice saved me another visit. I wish all my medical appointments were so warm, professional and actually pleasant. They should give customer service lessons to most other medical practices!  Respond
RID: 52882
27/10/06 5 5 5 Dr. Crotty is THE BEST! His Mayo clinic training and competence make me feel confident about our care, and his staff, both nurses and receptionists are so friendly and caring. These doctor's appointments I actually look forward to!I wish all my doctor's offices operated like this one!  Respond
RID: 52682
26/10/06 4 5 5 CLEAN, FRIENDLY OFFICE. A STAFF LIKE NO OTHER OFFICE I'VE EVER BEEN TO! DR. CROTTY WAS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT MY DISEASE AND SPENT TIME EXPLAINING TO ME. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.  Respond
RID: 22801
13/02/06 5 5 5 Dr. Crotty is a sweetheart. Very knowledgable, appropriate, and helpful. Highly recommend.
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 12455
17/09/05 4 5 5 Dr. Crotty is highly qualified, knowledgable, caring, compassionate. His office staff is very good and helpful.
Insurance: Medicare