Rate Dr. Simon Lavi

Dr. Simon Lavi's Ratings

Dr. Lavi is a professional, a compassionate, caring, and highly skilled surgeon. He is straight-forward, explains everything, encourages you to research, get second opinions, ask as many questions as you need to until you are comfortable with your decision. When Dr. Pospisil referred me to Dr. Lavi, I knew I was being sent to the best qualified spine doctor. I had a tri-level,cervical neck surgery, involving two fusions: c-5,c-6,c7, and an artificial disk at the c-4. I was immediately out of almost all of the pain upon waking from the surgery. I followed all instructions, packed with ice and my husband took two weeks off of work to care for me. I had surgery December 7, 2012 and was able to return to teaching my fourth grade with a GATE Cluster on February 4, 2013, seven weeks after surgery! I started physical therapy three months after surgery and continued to do the exercises given by Dr.. Lavi and Dr. Pospisil. I show collies and trail ride with our horses so my fear was I was not going to be allowed to participate in the two hobbies I have had such a passion for more that thirty years! My first time in the show ring was the end of March 2013 and won Winner's Dog and Best of Winner's. My students last year all passed their CST with Advanced and/ or Proficient in both Language Arts and Math. This was a class that was made up of GATE and regular education students at various proficiency levels. Because of Dr. Lavi, I was able to return to my career that I love, teaching. If you are in a situation like mine, you are scared, in a lot of pain and are slowly losing the use of your body and surgery is your only option, be thankful if it is Dr. Lavi that is going to be your surgeon. He has a God-Given gift to heal through his surgeries. I know, I am one of his success stories. I am grateful to Dr. Pospisil for referring me to Dr. Lavi. He will tell you straight and deliver on his promise. If I could give Dr. Lavi five stars, I would. He is THAT good at what he does.
Brinda Lee Chavez

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2739687].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Two years ago i suffered a work related accident. After several doctors who gave me none sense treatment i went to Doctor Lavi who immediately diagnosed surgery as the only real resolution to my injury. I was in horrible constant pain for most of two years but was terrified to get cervical surgery.
My surgery was authorized and upon opening my eyes, immediately after the surgery, i was pain free for 1st time in two years... I was uncomfortable but had no pain, went home from hospital two days after. Only my second day at home i had little pain which i controlled with just Tylenol.
Dr Lavi fused 4 vertebras, reconstructed several disks and implanted some some spacers. The scar on the front of neck is less then one inch long. 12 days after surgery, no more neck brace and... I'm still little sore but pain free.
In my book Dr Simon Lavi is... The best!!!
I recommend him to anyone and trust him fully.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2739025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2015

I've had Dr. Simon Lavi for 8 years now and i have to admit that he and his staff are AWESOME!!!!! I had a workers comp case and he saved me from being in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. He replaced 2 discs in my neck with 2 artificials and he also did a two stage fusion on my lumbar spine. He definitely has been blessed with great surgeon hands. He's super easy to talk to and is always their to help you with any questions. God bless him and his staff for all the help they ha e given me.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2734554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

EXCELLENT Doctor & Surgeon!!!!
Very compassionate and caring.

Was this rating useful? 17 [[ userState['ratings'][2597766].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Dr. Lavi is the BEST. He has been treating my husband, a retired Los Angeles fire fighter, for the past year. My husband was referred to Dr. Lavi by another coworker who swears by him. He is apparently the go to doctor for the department. My husband suffered a severe injuries when he fell off a 12 foot ladder. He was taken to the emergency room and then transferred to Dr. Lavi's care. He has subsequently undergone 2 surgeries for his right shoulder and back. He is doing better than expected and his overall movement and quality of life is better than before. My husband saw 2 other independent doctors per the insurance company, both of whom had very high regard for Dr. Lavi's skills and expertise. Every other patients that I have spoken to when accompanying my husband to office visits has the same opinion. As another person said "he truly is the american idol of doctors".

Was this rating useful? 17 [[ userState['ratings'][2593726].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

I have been see in Dr. Lavi for 6 years now. I work for the county of LA and have had numerous spine and orthopedic injuries that Dr. Lavi has treated over the years. I have had nothing but praise for Dr. Lavi and his group. He is very well known and respected among civil servants and peace officers, and his waiting area is usually filled with very happy patients that are grateful for the care he has given them. I have personally referred a few of my coworkers to Dr. Lavi, and all speak very highly of his capabilities. Post below seems a little odd, and only makes one wonder about its motive. Regardless, I highly recommend Dr. Lavi and have nothing but praise for his staff. Gina Lopez LAC.

Was this rating useful? 18 [[ userState['ratings'][2589372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

It is so obvious that all of Doctor Lavi's ratings were made by the same individual employee who wants to keep his job. I have been seeing Dr Lavi for 2 years. He is not accurately described here. Check Upcoming yelp rating. I will accurately rate Dr. Lavi there.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2576992].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

I had a major neck reconstruction with Dr. Lavi 4 weeks ago. I have not felt this good in years. I had severe pain and weakness in my arms and legs, not to mention bowel & bladder incontinence. I had great difficulty walking as my balance was severely compromised. I had seen several doctors and surgeon that wanted to operate on my neck from the front and the back. I was fortunate enough that one of the neurosurgeons I had seen, recommended to Dr. Lavi. From the very first day I saw Dr. Lavi, I knew there was hope. I had the opportunity to speak to several patients of his that had undergone this kind of surgery, all with glorious praise of Dr. Lavi and the incredible results he achieves. His staff was more than professional in accommodating me, and Dr. Lavi gave me all the options available to me. He went over the severe complications with me enough times that I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. The day of my surgery, Dr. Lavi held my hand until I was put to sleep by the anesthesiologist. When I woke up, I could immediately feel the strength in my arms and legs. I could not wait to get up and walk the following day. It has been almost 4 weeks since my surgery and I can say that I am almost 100%. Dr. Lavi has given me my life back as I have not felt this good in years. I would recommend Dr. without reservation. His professionalism and expertise in this field is second to none. I am eternally grateful to Dr. Lavi and his staff for all they have done for me.

Was this rating useful? 17 [[ userState['ratings'][2511266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2014

Was this rating useful? 16 [[ userState['ratings'][2490641].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

Dr. Lavi is a caring, compassionate, professional, gifted surgeon! My injuries to my cervical spine were such that surgery was the only option. I am a very active person, I teach and absolutely love what I do, I trail ride with my family and own five horses. I also show collies with my husband. My fear was that I would not be able to do any of the things I loved. When I went to see Dr. Lavi, he answered all my questions, was very straight-forward, offered to have me get a second opinion, talk to former patients, etc. I trusted Dr. Pospisil when he referred me to Dr. Lavi. I was positive I was in the best surgical hands possible. When I woke up, most of my pain was gone. I did the exercises at home and three months later,I began PT. In seven weeks, I was able to return to teaching. I have full range of motion! You will be in great hands if you get referred to Dr.Lavi, he is the best at what he does! I am showing my collies and soon will be trail riding again. Thank you, Dr. Lavi!

Was this rating useful? 18 [[ userState['ratings'][884126].votes_count ]]