Rate Dr. Simon Lavi

Dr. Simon Lavi's Ratings

I had a major neck reconstruction with Dr. Lavi 4 weeks ago. I have not felt this good in years. I had severe pain and weakness in my arms and legs, not to mention bowel & bladder incontinence. I had great difficulty walking as my balance was severely compromised. I had seen several doctors and surgeon that wanted to operate on my neck from the front and the back. I was fortunate enough that one of the neurosurgeons I had seen, recommended to Dr. Lavi. From the very first day I saw Dr. Lavi, I knew there was hope. I had the opportunity to speak to several patients of his that had undergone this kind of surgery, all with glorious praise of Dr. Lavi and the incredible results he achieves. His staff was more than professional in accommodating me, and Dr. Lavi gave me all the options available to me. He went over the severe complications with me enough times that I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. The day of my surgery, Dr. Lavi held my hand until I was put to sleep by the anesthesiologist. When I woke up, I could immediately feel the strength in my arms and legs. I could not wait to get up and walk the following day. It has been almost 4 weeks since my surgery and I can say that I am almost 100%. Dr. Lavi has given me my life back as I have not felt this good in years. I would recommend Dr. without reservation. His professionalism and expertise in this field is second to none. I am eternally grateful to Dr. Lavi and his staff for all they have done for me.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 10, 2014 | flag

Dr. Lavi is a caring, compassionate, professional, gifted surgeon! My injuries to my cervical spine were such that surgery was the only option. I am a very active person, I teach and absolutely love what I do, I trail ride with my family and own five horses. I also show collies with my husband. My fear was that I would not be able to do any of the things I loved. When I went to see Dr. Lavi, he answered all my questions, was very straight-forward, offered to have me get a second opinion, talk to former patients, etc. I trusted Dr. Pospisil when he referred me to Dr. Lavi. I was positive I was in the best surgical hands possible. When I woke up, most of my pain was gone. I did the exercises at home and three months later,I began PT. In seven weeks, I was able to return to teaching. I have full range of motion! You will be in great hands if you get referred to Dr.Lavi, he is the best at what he does! I am showing my collies and soon will be trail riding again. Thank you, Dr. Lavi!

Submitted Dec. 12, 2013 | flag

As with any surgery I had a ton of questions. Dr Lavi patiently answered each one. I recently had neck surgery and couldn't believe how well I felt just hours after the surgery. Everyone from his office staff to the hospital and nursing staff were professional and seemed to really care about my needs and making sure I was comfortable. Its been two weeks since my surgery and I couldn't be happier with the results. I won't write that you should definitely use him but I would say that I highly recommend at least speaking with Dr Lavi. His knowledge and experience will put you at ease and make your decision easy.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2013 | flag

Dr Lavi performed a 3 level cervical ACDF on January 18th. I had previous cervical surgery by another doctor that left me with pain radiating down my neck and shoulders. I had difficulty walking due to the pain and had to rest often and I was apprehensive of additional surgery. My condition was far worse than expected. Dr Lavi worked a miracle and had to break my neck in 3 places and remove osteophytes. My spine had started to fuse itself together. It’s been less than 3 weeks since surgery and I feel great. I had very little pain after surgery and even less at home. Dr Lavi improved the curvature of my neck and I may actually be a bit taller now. At this stage of recovery I can tell that my range of motion has improved. I’m no longer skeptical of glowing reviews for Dr. Lavi as I now know firsthand of his competence and compassion. He’ll treat you and your family well. You will be fortunate to have him as your surgeon. Thank you Dr. Lavi for giving me my life back!

Submitted Feb. 5, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lavi performed Lower back surgery on me, April 20th. Prior to surgery Dr.Lavi explained everything in detail, in a language I understood. I was outfitted with all my post surgery re-hab equiptment at home prior to going to the hospital. The morning of the surgery the Dr. explained everything I would be feeling and experiencing in the days following surgery. I was up wad walking w/in 24 hrs post surgery. Dr.Lavi Reeks confidence and is very re-assuring. I feel I was blessed to have had Dr.Simon Lavi as my Spinal surgeon. I recently retired from the LACo Fire Dept. I retire with 33 yrs in the Fire Service and am looking foreword to pain free post service years. I would recomend Dr. Lavi to any one with Back / Spine issues. Sincerely Lane Weber.

Submitted May 10, 2012 | flag

First of all I have to say everyone at Dr Lavi's office was great!! Very professional and caring. Never waited more than 10 minutes for my appointment. The Dr and his staff valued my time as much as their own. What a nice change. I saw Dr Lavi for my shoulder. I have to say I would recommend Dr Lavi to everyone I know. A great skillful doctor!!

Submitted May 9, 2012 | flag

Dr.Lavi is astounding! I am a 59 year old male,this is the first surgery I have had in my life. 3 level cervical fusion plus disc replacement. The worst part, minor sore throat and minimal discomfort to my lower neck. Other than that, NO PAIN!! Truly the "American Idol" of orthopedic surgeons. I was up and about the next day. Sleeping better now than I have for years. No more numbness or tingling to the extremities. God does have angels among us. Dr. Lavi aspirated bone marrow from my hip, did not even know for three days, when I noticed a small dressing on my hip. NO PAIN!! Did his work anteriorly, the site is barely noticable, work of art, NO PAIN!! I am now a bit taller and the wrinkles on my aging neck have disappeared, no joke, it is the truth. Truly blessed to be under his knowledge and care, it is still hard for me to believe I underwent this major surgery with minimal postoperative discomfort. Have no fear, you will be under the care of the most competent doctor in the world.

Submitted April 1, 2012 | flag

Dr. Lavi was recommended by several people that are and have been patients of his. One friend went so far as to call him a miracle worker. I had carpel tunnel surgery in Jan. 2011, the doctor who performed the surgery was part of the County's circle of approved doctors. Once my surgery was complete, i continued to experience pain in my hands, arms, shoulders and neck, of course the doctor told me that it was impossible to have all that pain since he had performed my surgery. Nine months later, I go see Dr.Lavi and the first thing he did was order x-rays and MRI's. Dr. Lavi identified where the source of my pain was coming from. (I had lost most of my mobility in the left arm and I was told that it might be "fibroid myalgia" without any type of testing by my personal physician". Dr. Lavi performed surgery on my shoulder and after 3 weeks without having physical therapy, I have been able to raise my arm higher than I thought possible. Dr. Lavi is giving me back my quality of life.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2012 | flag

A great and knowlegeble doctor. I suffered from numbness in two of fingers for 25 years due to an injury. Doctor Lavi assured me that he could correct the problem with a surgical technique that he had developed. He was correct and after the operation my fingers regained sensation. The operation was painless and I didnt require any pain medication in the days following the operation. Six days after the procedure, I have regained 100% feeling in the affected fingers. I highly recommend Doctor Lavi to anyone requiring Cubital Tunnel Release with Ulnar Nerve Transposition surgery.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2011 | flag