Rate Dr. Lonnie Amico

Dr. Lonnie Amico's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Amico after seeing another neurologist at that clinic. My 1st visit he went over the notes from previous visits to the other Dr. and wanted to have my blood pressure checked because it has been high previously and then to make another appointment to start some therapy. He walked me up front and told the recpeptionist to do a BP check and she asked why she has to do it and then asked "Did you hire that girl you interviewed today?" He said "Yes" then she asked "So when is she starting because she needs to be doing these types of things, not her." He said in 2 weeks, I was in shock how unprofessional of a conversation went on in front of me. I was ready to say forget it, I'll just leave and find another Dr who doesn't have such rude employee's talking to him that way, which I should have. She took me in the room and said she has to check my BP standing, sitting, after lying down for 5 minutes and she seemed like it was such a bother. Also, when you sign in and sit down, they ask if you're still living at ______ address, phone # still ____. Uhm, they may want to look up HIPPA laws and how they could get in trouble if someone wants to pursue it. I was giving them the benefit thinking maybe they were just having a bad day so I went back for my 2nd visit to start therapy. Dr. Amico called me in his office 1st, introduced me to the new nurse and then started saying how he read I had 3 family members pass away when the pain started and it could be from that. I got upset and tried holding it in but couldn't because it was almost like he was saying more to upset me about it. I never went back to this Dr, he's very unprofessional, along with his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2491255].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Dr. Amico is the most arrogant doctor I have ever met. He was more interested in proving I had a seizure disorder than finding what was wrong with me. Don't waste your time (or thousands of dollars in expensive tests) listening to Dr. Amico. Find a doctor who listens to you, understands your symptoms, considers your medical history, explores other possible causes, and wants to find out what's wrong with you. Dr. Amico only cares about proving that his initial diagnosis -- made before any diagnostic tests are done -- is correct. I've moved on to another specialist. I'm writing this because I don't him doing to anyone else what he did to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][884323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2013

At the age of 43, I had only minutes to live due to a major stroke and Dr. Amico saved my life. I am forever grateful to him for that. Today I am celebrating my 55th birthday and I am able to enjoy my wife and grandchildren.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][884322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2009

I wonder how long I would of had prolonged medical testing if I had not gone to him for the testing and great medical care. He referred me to a surgical doctor away that I respect and glad that he chose to refer the doctor who did my surgery. He has a caring attitude that makes the medical problems easier to handle.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][884321].votes_count ]]