Dr. Nick G. Faraci

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 39 reviews. Dr. Nick G. Faraci has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5218369
02/03/14 5 5 5 5 When my first son was born Dr. Sal Faraci was his doctor (my son's name was also Sal). When my son Nick was born, Nick Faraci just began practicing with his dad. I ran into a problem and had Nick needed immediate attention. Dr. Nick actually came to my home to see my Nick. Needless to say, both my boys saw both Drs. Faraci until they were 18. As a single parent, both Doctors not only treated my sons for they physical ailments, they became confidants for the boys. I have to say neither of my sons had any problem sitting in the waiting room with infants and toddlers so that they could see Dr. Nick after his dad retired. We followed them from the office on Highlawn Avenue, to the one on Avenue 0 and West 6th and finally to Amboy Road. When my grandson was born, he also saw Dr. Nick. There are no words available that and accurately say how I feel about the dedication of this man. He is by far the best.
RID: 4125411
22/01/14 5 5 5 5 Dr Faraci, is an excellent doctor! I been using his Brooklyn office for four years and never had a problem. Dr Faraci won't turn away your sick or we'll children when you have no insurance . I don't no if anyone has gone through this but it's horrible , it took three months for insurance carrier to tell me I couldn't receive there benefits . In the three months of waiting , I had two babies needing medical attention. Dr. Faraci never turned me away knowing that I had no insurance .He is also still seeing my children while I apply for different insurance he has waived fees and I only had to pay very little towards a bill that could have been over my head .He is a warm hearted person and has caring staff by his side.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Nick" to "Nick G."
RID: 2597573
22/03/13 5 4 5 5 Dr. Faraci is an excellent doctor! He is very caring and has a great bedside manner. My daughter was in the NICU for more than 2 months. Dr. Faraci went out of his way to visit her every morning and call me with an update before I could get to the hospital to see her. She has had many issues in her life and Dr. Faraci has been there to help her through each and every one. He has gotten her appointments with referring doctors when need be. There were times when we were in the office every day/ every other day just so they could keep a close eye on my daughter. Even holidays!! His staff is amazing and always goes above and beyond for our family. I highly recommend them!
RID: 2585742
14/03/13 5 5 5 5 Nick better known as Dr. Faraci is the man… Is my pleasure to add a review for Nick and his staff at the Targee St. office in Staten Island. Back in June 2011, I had to choose a pediatrician for my first baby and Nick was well recommended. Well am happy I did, his practice, caring and accurate knowledge really makes “Comprehensive Pediatrics” a must visit with your family. Nicks care on the baby first visit was remarkable and unforgettable one, his comments towards the baby really shows his honesty. Just had a second baby in March 2013 and she got the same unconditional care his shows towards babies. THANK YOU Dr. Faraci. In addition his colleagues especially Dr. Taylor and Paola had made all my visits a relaxing and smooth one. A well organize environment at Targee Street. Google them up or look them up at http://www.comprehensivepediatricsny.com Oh one other things he speaks Spanish too. Angel, Aida, Ariella and Ariana
RID: 2234972
11/06/12 5 4 5 5 Dr.Faraci is the best. He is accurate knowledgeable and thorough. He makes sure your child is top priority,even though he has a waiting room full of patients.Dr.Faraci has a great bed side manner. There is 24 hour availability, from my experience, he will see you anytime there is any concern. Also, he will talk to you on the phone about any concerns. Thats why i drive an hour to see him . Only the best for my kid.  Respond
RID: 2210877
06/06/12 4 2 5 5 I absolutely love this doctor, he seems to be very knowledgable and thorough about various topics, takes time in the room to talk to me, and seems to truly care about my child's health. He is definitely worth the wait time, you invest some time in the waiting room but for that level of care, I am certainly willing to wait. I have been going to both the Brooklyn office and the new Targee office, I must admit that I have never had a problem with the staff. I actually want to thank the staff because once I called 15 minutes prior to them closing because my son was sick and they offered to wait for me. It is great to have a pediatrician that is open every day of the week and is on call during the night. I can not stress enough my appreciation for this office, I could not ask for anything more!!!
RID: 2166110
29/05/12 5 4 5 5 As I was told, Dr. Nick rocks. I was referred to the Targee St. office by a friend. I hesitated based on a prior review of the staff there. However, I went the other day with my very sick child, and I found the staff to be very helpful and accomodating from my phone call to my showing up at the office. And the doc rocks. This guy is right on the money and was able to diagnose my child quickly and without alot of expensive testing. A CBC did it! The office seemed really fine, maybe the 'bad staff' is no longer there. Again, Dr. Nick rocks. He really helped us.
RID: 1663848
17/12/11 1 3 3 4 My prenatal consultation made me fall in love with the place. The doctor himself is very knowledgable, good with my baby, and thorough. I will start to go to the hylan blvd location and I suggest others do the same. The staff at the targee street location, more specifically the tall heavy set girl at the front desk never seems to have my childs referal in time, or chart for that matter. I was completely horrified sitting in the waiting room with a fellow parent and have to listen to the front desk worker use curses around my child and act for lack of a better word-"ghetto". Theres been two incidents where I have scheduled well-checks and when I come in, I am questioned whether or not I made an appointment! I am beyond frustrated with this location, I hope I have better luck with the hylan blvd one otherwise I may unfortunately have to find a new pediatrician for my baby.
RID: 1458133
06/06/11 4 3 5 5 My mother started taking me here when I was 3 years old upon recommendation. I had severe breathing problems and he diagnosed me with asthma, something my other doctor at the time couldn't. In my years growing up I had many asthma attacks n was hospitalized many times. Every time I was in need of healing he was always there to cure me back to 100%. I continued to see him till I was at the max age and if I could have I would have never left. I am now 24 and I hope that when I have children some day he's still practicing because he's definitely my first choice. I hope he never retires!  Respond
RID: 1454373
01/06/11 4 5 5 5 To the comment below, Hmmm..you definitely work for Premiere Pediatrics!!! How nice of you to advertise your practice with the exact location!! Dr. Faraci is the BEST!!! He's caring, very knowledgeable, concerned, kid friendly and compassionate…just amazing!!! I can't praise him enough!! My kids love Dr. Faraci and his staff! When my son was very sick Dr. Faraci took care of him until he was well again. He personally searched for specialists to help us out. He always returned my calls and answered all my questions. Even on many occasions, he saw my family and other families long after his office closed. He really knows everything!! My husband and I have so much faith in him. In Dr. Faraci WE TRUST!!!!
RID: 1432324
04/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Nick Faraci, is an intelligent, amazing doctor with caring bedside manners! He helped my son with some serious concerns we had, he took the time after his long hours to help my son resolve the issue, and personally called me himself with answers and the hope we were looking for, Dr. Faraci is a very comforting doctor and is like Dr. House, can solve anything immediately no maybes or come back next week, he knows his stuff and he knows his patients, he will answer any questions and give you advice, He also has a caring staff, that works with you anytime you need something! I don’t know how you could go anywhere else! Dr. Faraci is a genius and I trust him 150% I never question his diagnosis, I only see him because his words are golden! Thank you Dr. Faraci for all you have done for my son and my family! God Bless you! The DeFranco Family
RID: 1266160
06/10/10 5 5 5 5 DR. FARACI IS NOTHING SHORT OF AMAZING. HE TAKES HIS TIME, ANSWERS ALL QUESTIONS- NO MATTER HOW RIDICULOUS THEY SOUND, HE MAKES APPOINTMENTS WITH WONDERFUL SPECIALISTS AND RETURNS CALLS RIGHT AWAY. I RECOMMENDED HIM TO ALL MY FRIENDS WITH CHILDREN AND EXPECTING CHILDREN. THE STAFF GETS CHARTS READY QUICKLY, GETS YOU IN THE ROOM FAST, ASKS MILESTONE QUESTIONS, ETC.BOTH MY CHILDREN SEE HIM AND I'D NEVER SWITCH! ASFAR AS THE NEGATIVE POST BELOW- I THINK HE POSTED UNDER THE WRONG NAME SORRY BUDDY!!!
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1265223
05/10/10 5 4 5 5 COMPREHENSIVE PEDIATRICS ROCKS!!! Dr Nick is as close to God as you can get. The man is brilliant, nothing stumps him. He and his staff are friendly and very helpful. They'll even make you appointments with specialists. My kids have been patients forever and I would NEVER go anywhere else. Dr Nick has even treated my husband and myself on occassion. The man was born to heal!!! Any time or day that I have called I have never been turned away. They have 3 locations so you can go to any of their offices any time any day. Hope you never retire Dr Nick!!!
Respond

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1257407
23/09/10 1 2 1 1 Although I have no complaints about any of the doctors at this practice, as an overall experience, this office is not worth the effort. The medical assistants / receptionists / nurses, etc. are the nastiest collection of know it all people I've ever seen. They treat people like they are doing us a favor by treating our kids and that we are imbeciles who aren't allowed to ask questions or take a proactive approach. It takes more than a good doctor to have a good practice, and I imagine this is why the best of the staff, including doctors and associated staff, has left and went to work for Premier Pediatrics located at 2955 Veterans Road West Suite 2C Staten Island, New York (across from Target). This office is a much better choice. Sorry Dr. Faraci, but it's time to realize that we're in 2010 and people want to be treated with respect. It's time to turn over your incompetent staff.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 792548
17/02/09 5 3 5 5 Dr. Faraci is a dedicated doctor who has a genuine love for children. No matter how busy the office is his examination is always thorough. He takes the time to answer all of my questions and address my parental concerns. Dr. Faraci encourages my participation in my daughter’s health care by taking the time to educate and inform me. I feel that this is extremely important, especially when it comes to the issue of vaccination. Although Dr. Faraci does not agree with my decision to delay vaccination he is respectful of my position. He takes the time to listen to my concerns and recommends informative literature. Dr. Faraci is the head of an extremely large practice, yet he took the time to write a letter addressing the issue of vaccination at my request. It is not often that you find a doctor who really cares about you and your child. Dr. Faraci was highly recommended by my friends, family and Obstetrician and I’m so grateful to have found him. Sincerely, Ms. Stapleton
RID: 784443
08/02/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Faraci has been my kids doctor since their born, referred by my sister. Prior to that we never knew him and recently my husband brought one of my kids to see him and as always he would ask us all how we are doing. My husband mentioned a lump in his face and without any full exam, exrays, etc., Dr Faraci diagnosed it as being a tumor. He referred him to a specialist in NYC and with a cat scan done by this doctor and a secondary confirmation of the scan by a specialist who reads these scans, it is a tumor. Dr Faraci knows his stuff, he hit it on the head. He and his practice are #1. He will be my kids doctor until he can't no more, no matter where I live. And when their grown, I will probably call him still when I have a question. Hopefullymy grandchildren will be able to be one of his patients. Signed Mrs B, Jackson, NJ, ex Islander.  Respond
RID: 742161
11/12/08 5 5 5 5 My 2 daughters are patients of Dr. Nick & I don't trust them with anyone else. Don't believe last post is legitimate, as I also requested split MMR (in 2007). At the time, Merck was behind on production of the split MMR & it was no where to be found. At my request, we didn't give daughter this vaccine until split MMR finally shipped from Merck. He immediately pulled the 3 vials & set them aside for us since he knew how committed to split vaccine I was, & he was in total support of that--and my very cautious/alternative approach with vaccines (after reading Dr. Sears "The Vaccine Book"; Dr. Nick even had his staff order this book for him). Extremely thorough exam. Always right on the money with diagnosis. Refers to top-notch specialists. Writes everything down for you, explains thoroughly. After-hrs call-back within 5 min. Always able to get sick child in immediately. I don't experience wait in office since my 2 are very young & I take them during day when most kids in school.
RID: 734626
02/12/08 2 2 2 2 Left this office after Dr very rude. Asked Dr. To split my sons MMR. Told me that I was stupid and that no research supported autism with this shot. Asked him to do it anyway. Was told that I would have to pay another $30 co pay and left the room. Came back and gave the shot. I asked at the desk when I can reschedule for the other half of shot, girl disappeared and came back and said no need gave the full MMR. I was pissed! Whether I was right or wrong, ignored. Never went back after that.
RID: 702552
15/10/08 5 4 5 5 i think Dr Faraci is the best doctor in Staten Island my brothers and i as well as my cousin's were one of his first patients and now my son see's him he is very helpful and takes his time to explain everything to you and he writes it all down he really cares about patients i myself need to see a neurologist and i didn't care for the one's my doctor recommended so i called Dr Faraci and he gave me a few doctors name and he did not have to do that i am no longer his patient and have not been for many years but he cares about people and helps you in any way he can i if i could still see him i would i recommended he to everyone i know that has kids
RID: 536441
12/03/08 5 4 5 5 MUST READ ABOUT DR. NICK FARACI! - If you are a new parent or just need a doctor that pays close to attention to your child's development, I strongly advise you to go to him. During well checks, he examines every part of the body to ensure that your child is growing and developing properly. On two occasions, I made the mistake of taking my daughter to others doctors for well checks and neither of the two doctors found a problem with my daughter’s eye. Dr. Nick did. He knows both of my daughters, like they were his family. He also treated and monitored my daughter’s severe acid reflux. He is proactive in sending my daughters to specialists or x-rays to rule things out or get advanced medical attention. He will also take whatever time is needed to explain instructions & answer any questions. He actually writes out instructions for you to take home. A little sloppy, but docs write weird. We feel so lucky to have Dr. Nick. P.S. We travel 45 min to see him. Worth every dime!
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 495912
27/01/08 5 3 5 5 Absolutely the best pediatrician on the island. The wait is rough but, if you can get over that, he is easily the best. I recommend him to everyone. His colleagues who also are in his office are also all great so, if in a hurry, one can always get great medical attention. He's great with kids. He is truly passionate about his work.
RID: 478827
08/01/08 4 1 4 4 My son is 4 1/2 months old - I was referred to Dr. Faraci by my OB as well as many friends and coworkers. I feel he is a good pediatrician and do prefer to see him when he is in the office. But the wait is horrible. The staff will give you a heads up if the wait is really long and if you would like to see the other doctors or PA's who are usually available right away. The office is always accomodating which is probably why they are always packed.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 469298
21/12/07 5 4 5 5 My kids have been going to Dr. Faraci for over 7 years. He is very knowledgeable and his staff as well. I have never had a problem with him or his doctor staff. Sure you have to wait a little longer then usual but he is worth the wait every time.
RID: 426314
09/10/07 1 3 1 1 I was a patient of both him and his father and hated them both completely. I stopped seeing them when I was ten because by then my mom let me see her doctor who I absolutely love. I left there practice almost ten years ago and will never go back. Dr. Nick has no compassion or bed side manners. He is way too hyper and always bouncing off the walls. Keep your children away!  Respond
RID: 425219
06/10/07 5 4 5 5 Dr. Nick is the best doctor i've ever met. Hes hilarious and very thorough. Hes only a doctor, not god, he diagnoses from what he hears, he doesnt have x-ray vision. I would rather go to his office where i have to wait - then go to a doctor with no patients!!! (that would be a problem). I Love DR NICKKKKKK......<3 UR STAFF
RID: 392869
27/08/07 4 4 5 5 Dr. Faraci is the best you will get on the Island. he is very thorough. If your child is sick make sure you visit when he is in the office.
RID: 384175
12/08/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Feraci is the BEST Doctor in the world, I refer to him to be very close to God. I have brought my son to him since he was born, and I swear by Doctor Faraci. My son was about two months old and broke out with acne all over his face, Dr. Feraci had told me to use Selson Blue the dandruff shampoo and I thought he was nuts, but the next day the acne was gone. My son was very sick between 2 and three years old. He would have ear infections every other week, with the help of Feraci, my son never got tubes placed in his ears and I thank Dr. Feraci for that. My son once vomited for 14 days and Dr.Feraci would check on him everyday and gave him shots.I myself once broke out in a rash and I showed to Dr. Feraci he said it looks like THE FIFTH DISEASE andsent me for blood work,sure enough it was. My son had ringworm and he cured it, where my friends MD it took over 6 months. Dr. Feracri is always on Target. I will see no one but him. I will go to Brooklyn if I need to. Truly Angelone Family
RID: 376925
31/07/07 5 4 5 5 I know Dr. nick for seven years.I think Dr.Nick is a wonderful doctor. I have 4 children from the ages 7 to 4months. he always ask how my other children are when I come for an offices visit. I also find the office staff great,they are very help****when you have questions. i would not change my doctor for anything.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 376119
30/07/07 5 4 5 5 Dr. Faraci is the best pediatrician in the world. He and his office have been my childrens ped. since they're born. Even when I was between insurances, would pay out of pocket before I took them elswhere. Moved to NJ. & been to a few peds., but no one gives the service his office gives. Their available 7 days a week with someone always on call, excellent treatment & diagnosis, & excellent specialist referals. Heard of many people who don't care for Dr. Faraci or his assocs. but still bring their children there because they know a good doctor when they get one, maybe thats why his office is always packed. Keep trying to get him to open his practice in NJ, but thats OK, still worth the 45-55 min ride between gas, tolls, and service cannot be beat. My Children love Dr. Faraci and his assocs as well. He's never missed a beat with my kids, and has a great bedside manner with them. He'll be their ped. till they are of age. Sincerely Mrs. B, Jackson, NJ
RID: 347864
18/06/07 1 1 1 DR FARACI IS AN ABSOLUTE MORON! TOLD ME TO CONTINUE FEEDING MY SON SIMILAC SOY EVEN THOUGH HE KEPT THROWING UP BECAUSE HE WAS GAINING WEIGHT. MY MONTH OLD HAD CAUGHT THAT HORRIBLE STOMACH VIRUS THAT WENT AROUND EARLIER THIS YEAR AND HE TOLD ME OVER THE PHONE I BETTER HOPE IT WASNT THE STOMACH VIRUS AS THOUGH TO SAY HE WILL DIE. WHEN HE GAVE ME THE INSTRUCTIONS ON FEEDING HIM THE PEDIALYTE I ASKED HIM TO REPEAT BECAUSE HE WAS GOING TO FAST HE GOT ANNOYED AND WHEN I ASKED WHAT IF THIS DOESNT WORK AND HE GOT NASTY AND SAID WELL YOUR GOING TO CALL ME BACK, YOU GOT MY NUMBER! CAN SOMEONE TELL THAT **** TO OPEN HIS EYES WHEN HE SPEAKS TO YOU! HIS FATHER WAS ALSO A PEDIATRICIAN AND MY HUSBAND WAS HIS PATIENT MANY YEARS AGO AND HE SAYS HES NASTY TOO! FARACI SHOULDNT TREAT CHILDREN!
RID: 337195
04/06/07 4 5 5 My child has been a patient of several doctors on Staten Island. Noone knew what he had. He coughed for weeks. I went to Dr. Faraci and he suspected Whooping Cough. We did the blood test and he was right! Thank you.
RID: 231146
25/03/07 2 5 5 Great practice but too many in waiting area and too quick to prescribe new drugs.
RID: 179827
09/03/07 5 5 5 Very smart man, knows his stuff and thats kids..Always right, very kind, gives you all his time when u finally get in there (wink!). One thing he, and all pediatricians need to do and that is GET WITH IT WITH AUTISM!
RID: 55063
07/11/06 3 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Nick Faraci for 10 years. Two children and one on the way.I recently moved to New Jersey Which is a 35 min. drive. Everyone thinks I'm crazy but i will not switch. Dr. Faraci is a wonderful doctor I love him and so do my children. He is always on target with exactly the correct diagnosis. His office is always crowded but to me that is a good sign of a good practice. I hate waited for him but I always do and will continue to. He and his practice I will always recommend Caring mother from New Jersey
Paid (or co-pay): $1000
RID: 53429
30/10/06 2 5 5 Dr. Faraci is a top quality doctor. He is very thorough and clear when communicating his profesional opnions to us. We have continued to use his services for all three of our children even though we no longer live in state. We have every confidence in him and will continue to highly recomend him to any parent.  Respond
RID: 52454
25/10/06 4 4 4 I started to use Comprehensive Pediatrics after two other attempts with Doctors. Dr. Faraci was the only one who helped me clear up my daughter's bad case of Eczema.His office continues to be very helpful and understanding to my needs especially as a first time mother. His office does get a little busy but every time my daughter was sick they either took her that day or answered my call. I have seen all the doctor's in the office and they have all been very helpful. I recommend them to everyone.
RID: 47014
23/09/06 1 1 1 Incredibly unhelpful and unknowledgable in the care of an intact (read:uncircumcised)penis. He repeatedly tried to retract my son's foreskin after repeatedly being told not to. He told me that "small baby's need our help" and that "95% of boys are circumcised". Both completely FALSE statements. Dr. Farachi is not up to date on current findings and research regarding circumcision and that is misleading to parents. Furthermore, he has to respect a parent's decision in their child's medical care. He chose to completely ignore what I was telling him and do what he thought was best, even though what he thought was best was completely hurtful and harmful. I left the practice immediately afterwards. He is not foreskin friendly.
RID: 14034

21/10/05 1 2 1 Oh my God! This guy is an awful md.He is big on drugs, drugs and more drugs. The office is a zoo, no one knows you or cares to since there are so many other patients to see. I prefer a smaller, saner office for my kids. I left and found another local md. who is not a "knucklehead."
RID: 12414
16/09/05 4 5 5 Busy practice, open 7 days a week which is very helpful when you've got sick kids. Takes the time to explain things through when you've got a problem. Very professional guy. I live in New Jersey and after seeing a couple of local knuckleheads, now drive 35 min., pay a toll bridge and bring my kids back to his practice. He's also helped me out with my minor illnesses when I was sick along with my kids. Great skin guy, knows his rashes better than the Dermatologists. Only complaint is that sometimes you've got to wait, they can get pretty busy, however if you call and say you've got a sick kid, they'll see you that day. Best thing about him is that he's right on target with his diagnosis and treatment, gives you the right medicine when you need it and gets you better really fast, Which is very helpful when both parents work. Frehold NJ Mom
* - Rating left by a registered user