You may also like

Rate Dr. Frank A. Kunkel

Dr. Frank A. Kunkel's Ratings

My father has gone to.kunkle for years for his degenerative disc disease (sp) and all of the sudden he said he can no.longer see him nor refer him to.anyone, he feels his life is over. We live in Hampton township outside of Pittsburgh pa. Please can someone email me so I.can help.my dad find a doctor PLEASE. and thank you my email.is.brandylynn0810@gmail.com. Thank you

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2750547].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

AVOID THIS ONE OR HAVE DEPRESSION!! I new when i enter the office there was no hope for me. He toke my co-pay knowing that he was not going to help!!! I thought you cared about people in pain. Did you ever need help . I am not drug addict but thou your eyes i was and told me to to your clinic. I AM NOT A DRUG ADDICT. THERE WAS NO HELP FOR ME! I WISH I NEVER WENT TO MY APPOINTMENT!!!!! I LEFT CRYING AND SO DEPRESSED I HAD NO WERE TO GO!!!!!!!! No one cares to help me left alone. THANK YOU!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2709235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

In all honesty with Dr. Kunkles suboxone practice the doctor's that work for him are pretty nice. But it said I had failed a drug screen when I know for sure I didn't. I was put on probation and that's when I had to see Dr Kunkle every week for like 3 months and found out how ignorant and rude this man was. Every time I tried to get a word in he would cut me right off! Come to find out it seemed every patient that I saw in his office were being put on probation as well and they said they knew they weren't dirty as well. Im sure some really were but I believe it is all a money making scheme. He does not care for his patients whatsoever. I am a true believer in karma and i hope it comes to him soon!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

I have been being treated by Dr. Kunkel for more than five years. I have never had any of the experiences that I have been reading on this website. He does ask questions every time i see him, he is just doing his job!! I just think the drug seekers of Piitsburgh are being weeded out. I cannot say one bad thing about Dr. Kunkel. He is kind and caring.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2481542].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2014

I only meet this man 1 time as a doctor the others times was vague, meaning he would come in to preform a procedure never listened to what I had to say. I continue to be in extreme pain but this doctor didn't listen, the injections didn't help me at all in fact I am not worse then I was when I started these. He acted like the injections was the mircale cure, something where he didn't have to listen and over charge us for what don't help. I spoke to my PCM and he understood and fired this doctor quickly. I am to have surgery on my back. I don't recommend this doctor for anything. He isn't god he just thinks he is.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2481541].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

My boyfriends been dealing w/ Dr. Kunkle for a few months now & I have to say that I've never encountered such a disgusting, sad & unsympathetic doctor like him in my whole life. He's absolutely 100% a scam artist who does not care one bit for his patients. My boyfriend has had drug issues & started going to ARS suboxone clinic to be treated by Kunkle. Not only did his cheap drug tests say that he had fetynol in his system, but when he tried to approach Kunkle about the error he told my boyfriend to shut his big mouth or he'll be discharged. We found out that over 30 other ppl at ARS also failed their drug tests all in the same day. So I'm not sure how Dr. Kunkle is profiting from these false drug tests, but he IS profiting one way or another. After my boyfriend left ARS he finds out that the DEA has been investigating Dr. Kunkle & his clinics. I urge anyone whose thinking of going to this doctor to find another one. This man is rude, cocky, insensitive & most of all unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2481540].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

I have read the comments here about this doctor, mostly negative. I have been going to this office for about 2 years & need to find a real doctor & fast. He is incredibly rude & condescending. I have had 8 surgeries & he questions my chronic pain every time I have seen him. I usually do not have to see him (I see his other doctors for the most part). But you have to see him when he decides to drug test you. He has asked questions such as; so why are you hear? why do we see you? He has NEVER looked at my paper work & when I start to give him my history, he cuts me off stating I don't belong at his office. Totally offensive in every way! I could write so much about this so called doctor but hopefully my rating will be enough to let you know; don't see him!I have a appt. in 28 days & plan on recording the conversion plus take my husband with.He needs to be investigated. I will seek a new doctor before this appt. because I refuse to give him my time & money.Beware!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][885786].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][885785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2013

I saw Dr. Kunkle on April last year. I had an appointment for noon but I got in at 2.30pm. He gave me a shot for my back pain; it did not help me but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I went back and the same thing happened so I quit going because it was not helping me. Just recently, I start having pain in the opposite side of my back, after I had surgery. I told my doctor but I would not go back to Dr. K because of the waiting time, and the unsucessful shots. He sent me to UPMC pain Mgt. where the doctor tells me that he can not give me a back shot, until I discontinue for one week, the Aggrenox (blood thinner) I take with my doctor apprval verification diretly to him. All doctors at the UPMC office could not believe Dr. K gave me back shots while I was taking this medicine and told me I was very lucky. I agree the man lacks patient manners but worse of all, he put me at severe risk. He was lucky nothing happened to me or he would have been in troubles.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][885781].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

I had came upon this site the night before my appt. After seeing the reviews I was scared to go the next day. I went with an open mind, hoping that everyone was overacting. Well let me tell you they are not. He had no prior knowledge of my history. Never looked at my MRI. I have 2 disc displacements that my regular dr already told me did not get better. I have been going to a pain clinic for 6 months getting spinal injections that have helped with the aid of pain pills on bad days.NO i am not an addict either. I was told my Dr. Kunkle that because I am only 26 there is nothing he can do for me. The steroid injections and pain pills are just a quick fix. I have seen two surgeons that have told me I am to young for back surgery right now. I asked him what do i do then? He said "If i knew that I would not be sitting here talking to you" He said he lives off tylenol for his own pain and i can too. He doesnt have 4 kids to take care of, and I cant sit on my butt like him all day! IGNORANT!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][885784].votes_count ]]