You may also like

Rate Dr. Brian Bressler

Dr. Brian Bressler's Ratings

It took a long time to get in to see Dr. Bressler and then I saw him a few times over the course of two years. Usually there were three months between appointments due to wait times. I came away with no improvement in my symptoms and still unsure of what was going on with my body. He only looked at my issues from an IBS standpoint.

Dr. Bressler ordered a Stitz Marker test for me which I failed to complete due to the pain it caused me. He suggested several laxatives including a new prescription one called Constella which cost over $600 for the recommended 3 month trial. I had to stop taking it after two weeks because I got severely dehydrated from diarrhoea and the cramps were blindingly painful. And that was even with starting on the lowest recommended dose.

After that, at my insistence, he finally scheduled a colonoscopy for me. I am still waiting for that appointment. In the mean time my symptoms have continued to worsen. I can't eat regularly, I fast several days a week to take a break from the digestive pain, I'm now going to a chronic pain clinic, I'm seeing a psychiatrist for depression, I'm unable to work, and currently on disability.

Dr. Bressler's approach was consistently one of minimal effort on his part. Take this test, try this laxative, see this nutritionist and get back to him in three months.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2803122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Very knowledgeable and competent. Not only is it refreshing to have confidence in a doctor, it is also nice to have access to a care team whenever I have questions or concerns. From his secretary to his nurses, I am reassured that I have someone to speak to and truly feel supported with my health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2784851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

It would be nice if he spent more time with you and tried to have a better rapport with patients. I do not count my colonoscopy appointment as a follow up appointment, but he does!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2775558].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Excellent knowledge, very competent, could be a bit terse, caring manner. I am lucky to have found him as a caregiver. I would recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2719837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

Not impressed. Found him in my own opinion to be rude, condescending, unhelpful, uncaring, and didn't know what he was doing. With that said, he did remove a polyp I had so at least he did something.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2662070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

I feel very lucky to be able to see such a cutting edge specialist such as Dr. Bressler. I thought for sure it would be months before I got in to see him and luckily for me someone had cancelled their appointment. My consultation was 2 hours long and when I left I really felt like there was finally a plan in place to get me better (suffered from severe pancolitis). I am happy to be under his care, I really feel like my health is in good hands and he really makes you feel like your health is his top priority. He is very direct and straight to the point, whis is admirable. His staff are wonderful as well, Hazel is amazing and has been able to work with me through my various appointments and my nurse Amanda has been so kind to answer any questions I have and to put me at ease when I've felt like things have been crashing down around me. This is a great team and I would highly recommend Dr. Bressler in a heartbeat.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2600956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Visited this GI doctor in March, still having issues with my stomach. Definitely left both times feeling that my case was a simple give her a prescription and she won't need to come back. No real questions or explanations given, no eye contact, no warmth. I found him rushed and quick on both occasions. Stop asking clients to close the office door, greet them and then sit down.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2600525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Dr Bressler not only listened to my daughter, his patient, but to me, her mother, who has been through this experience with her for her whole life. He was compassionate, firm, realistic and hopeful. We will continue to travel from the Island to see him because he 'gets' it. and we really appreciate his staff, attitude and knowledge.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2587732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

The first time I saw Dr. Bressler I was 18 years old. I am also a female so having a male doctor in such a delicate state I was, was very hard and nerve racking. From the getco, Dr. Bressler showed true compassion towards me. He wanted me better, just as much as I wanted to be better. I have built a relationship with dr. Bressler that allows me to feel so comfortable I can ask him any issues or problems I am having. I would highly recommend Dr. Bressler to anyone. Yes, he is a very busy man, but I swear you will get the care you deserve and need. I also got into Dr. Bressler a lot sooner than any other doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2562753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

Dr. Bressler is cutting edge and amazing. I have never felt so well cared for by him, his colleagues, the nursing staff and his secretary. I was impressed with his ability to be able to be direct with what was going on with me and what we were going to do to fix it. He's not really someone I found I could be chummy with but that's ok, I liked his upfront and direct approach. I would definitely recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2527579].votes_count ]]