Rate Dr. Dennis W. Remington

Dr. Dennis W. Remington's Ratings

I really like dr. Remington. He spent a whole hour or more asking questions, listening, and explaining. He was very thorough so that he could find out what is causing my ailment. My only complaint is the staff. The ladies that work there, except for the lady that does the allergy testing, never smile, and aren't friendly and patient. They have the attitude of "I'm doing you a huge favor just by being here for you even though you're the patient and you're paying". I've called the office twice because I needed information on something, and the receptionist/s sounded like she/they (they because I don't know if I spoke with the same person each time) sounded like they couldn't wait to hang up the phone and like they couldn't care less. They hung up without even say bye or have a good day. Rude. The staff needs to either be changed or taught how to have better customer service and professionalism.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2464385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

I am amazed in the arogance of this office to have me wait in the exam room for almost 2 hrs. This was the 2nd of 2, and final visit. I waited in the exam room 1 hr. and 20 min. my first visit, thinking it was an exception rather than the rule. I went to Dr. Remington honestly with an open mind and optimistic, after reading reviews. He must be treating a large number of family members for the reviews, because me experience was anything but positive. To his credit, he will spend a good amount of time with you in the exam room, unfortunately it's not quality time. He talks more than he listens, everything that ales you is due to bad bacteria in the gut and allergies. If you go, do not let him talk you into his quack $40 allergy test (electro diagnostic)- quackwatch.org. The receptionist have absolutely no personality or sympathy. There is a time and place for everything but if you have been struggling with an ale meant for some time- don't waste any more time here.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2085018].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2013

Dr. Remington has been a life-saver. I had severe allergies for years, to the point where I couldn't go out in public, could hardly eat. His low-dose allergen regimine cured me of most allergies, and has helped make the others manageable. No matter what your ailment, he takes the time to go beyond the norm in advising you and helping you.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2085017].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2013

Dr. Remington saved my husbands life. After years of being sick and losing so much weight, Dr. Remington was able to diagnose and treat his illness quickly. A lot of ideas are different and treatment requires compliance and patience, but it worked for us. I too saw him for fatigue and depression issues. His treatment works if you follow it.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2085016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2012

I too saw Dr. Remington after testing positive on Lyme tests. I was told my appointment would be a two-hour visit and I needed to fill out all the paperwork beforehand. I did my part. I was literally in his office almost four hours, but saw him a total of 30 minutes tops! His approach with Lyme is to clear the yeast first, get the body in the best health and then add antibiotics "if necessary." I won't comment on that. That's personal opinion. But...during the 30 minutes I did see him, he kept telling me about his vast knowledge on Lyme and the books about Lyme authored by himself. I did not feel the exam was thorough. He ran some allergy testing with a homeopathic device. Whether or not you believe in the accuracy of those devices is personal opinion. I did not go to him again due to the waiting time and because I did not feel he was personable or timely. I also prefer ILADS knowledgeable docs to his Lyme treatment approach. To me, he came across as very narcissistic.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2085015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2012

I have really loved working with Dr. Remmington. I think he is a great doctor whom I can trust. I have found that the nurses are the same way. I however am baffled by the receptionist. I have never felt so unwelcome at a doctor's office before. I feel like they find me a burden when I check in, make appointments, confirm appointments. I think it is a shame that that is what patients first meet when they get to the office, considering that Dr. Remmington does such a fine job.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2085014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2012

My daughter had eczema so badly that I could not send her to Kindergarten. I had spent well over $5000 with other doctors who did nothing more than prescribe hydrocortisone creams and tell me she would grow out of it. I took her to multiple doctors with the same results including primary children's, UofU medical centers and one other holistic doctor. When we visited Dr R. he ran tests and informed us that our daughter had not only eczema but MERSA something no other doctor had found and tested her for sensitivities to food, her environment, and animals. She had over 48 sensitivities show up, this is something we had been telling her other Drs repeatedly but none listened. She couldn't sit by friends with pets, walk by the scented candle isle or eat anything besides rice cakes, without turning bright red. We took her to an allergist who said she was not allergic to any of these. Dr R gave her LDA shots and after 5 sessions she could eat anything and hold kittens and smell candl

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2085013].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012

I can honetly say that after 20 years of suffering with autoimmune disease and fatigue, Dr. Remmington gave my life back!!! I lost 40 pounds, have energy and most of all, I'm so much happier and no longer suffer with the ill effects of a chronic disorder. I feel I owe so much to him. I have told hundreds of people about his book "Back to Health". It has changed many people's lives as well as mine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2085012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

I went to Dr. Remington for thyroid issues I've had forever and found out later about all the stuff he missed. He didn't have my free T3 and freed T4 blood work done, nor did he check for vitamin D3, iron or other thyroid related blood work done. Now I know that any accurate knowledge of how someone's thyroid works should include those tests, not just TSH. He also prescribed Iodine...something very bad for Hashimoto's patients. He doesn't know these things because his whole practice is based on conquering Candida Albicans, which is a very disruptive condition, to be sure, but curing is not the solution to every problem and certainly, the suggestion to take iodine was actually harmful. In short, he is focused on one issue, Candida dominance, and isn't well-educated on other health problems he's presented with. Too bad~

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2085011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2010

Extremely thorough and personaliized! I loved my last doctor but I was told by my last doctor that Synthroid is THEE BEST hypothyroid medication. Which I know it is not. Also was able to discuss other ailments that most other doctors do not take the time to understand. Couldnt rate this Doctor better in any way! The staff was really good too, everybody seems to just want to make you feel your best. My lab results have shown that my level of thyroid medication is right on for me, however why am I still having such bad hypothyroid issues/symptoms? I feel by going to this office that my voice has been heard and that I will finally get somewhere.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2085010].votes_count ]]