Dr. Rami R. Grossmann

Dr. Rami R. Grossmann

Rate Dr. Rami R. Grossmann

Dr. Rami R. Grossmann's Ratings

Dr.Rami Grossmann is a rude, he is arrogant he does not know how to speak to adults or children! He is an animal ! Do not make an appointment with this Dr!

Submitted May 4, 2014 | flag

After five years of passing through pediatric neurologists offices without much help for my son who has the attention deficit part of ADHD, Dr. Grossman was the first, the only Dr who sat and talked with ME, not just my son who is now 14. Dr Grossman was through, patient but to the point. He thoroughly examined my son, asked him plenty of questions, looked over school records, previous Dr records. Made no judgment or diagnosis at that moment but scheduled a series of "tests" and evaluations. Only after all was done did we discuss a regimen for his medications. We needed to "tweak" here and there but in the end we found a combination that worked!!!! Dr. Grossman may be a straight to the point kind of guy but he never fails to walk into the exam room and make sure my son is laughing and happy when we walk out! He always checks to see if I am ok, if I have any questions or concerns and we are OK with the medication costs and if I am struggling he will ALWAYS work with me with samples if available...

Submitted July 18, 2013 | flag

I wonder if all these children coming from East Meadow school, because I see that those children been taking this type of drugs which is eddicted and your child doesnt need it, and did you take another opinion before you stepped in? and I wonder if those parents been referred to this doctor by the same teacher, if there is contract between the 2, please reply so we can keep our children safe and not letting those playing the system to earn money, please reply

Submitted Jan. 18, 2013 | flag

Yes, Dr. Grossman does not waste time and gets right to the issue. He will stop you if you get off track in an answer. Fair enough, I think. He does have the best interest of the patient (YOUR CHILD) as his first priority. I felt he absolutely did not push meds and was very cautious with his approach in using them. Only if necessary, slowly introduce, not quick to increase doses (gives them time.) Again, looking out for the kids. I thought he was nice. My son likes him.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2013 | flag

Reviews are correct. Dr Grossman is indeed rude & arrogant . And it has nothing to do with the patient being "in denial" as one reviewer suggested. I am a healthcare professional ( which I did not share with the MD). I was appalled by his behavior. After waiting over 1/2 hour we were brought to exam room & as soon as entered secretary interrupted to say there were 4 people waiting. Doctor sped thru evaluation in 5 min. Without knowing my son he threw a diagnosis at us (in 3min) When I asked what that was- he would not answer but told me to go to his website & read about it. He disregarded any previous Evals my son had (cuz of course only his opinion matters). We need 4 visits to get any answers cuz clearly he is trying to make $. His focus is his pocket not these kids. He has no compassion! Needs lessons on humanity. Was rude to his staff. His office was filthy! Parking was awful. He treated us like we were in a factory assembly line. Looking for a good all around MD? Look elsewhere!

Submitted Dec. 8, 2012 | flag

The only way I would recommend this man to anyone is if he had the cure to Cancer AND AIDS–both. But wait, if he had the cure for Cancer and AIDS, he wouldn’t be dealing w/people. He’d be somewhere in a corner laboratory.Which is exactly where he belongs. I don’t care how smart he is,he shouldn't deal with children & parents who already have emotional challenges. He's rude, condescending, refuses to answer question and yells. But I was extremely shocked that after our first visit when he interviewed my son and I, he asked the same question that he asked the first time (no, he did not take notes. Nothing was in our file except test results.) He was upset with our answers which were the same as our first visit. This man kept belittling my son with ADHD, by yelling that he’s immature. Ok, umm... This guy should be using his brain in a lab with mice and rats, not with children and families who have already been through an emotional ringer. I have more, but I'm out of space.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2012 | flag

Great dr. diagnosed and treated my child like no other. I am very grateful and gladly reccomend him

Submitted April 10, 2012 | flag

Dr. grossman has created a convayer belt type of enviroment to see his patients. He is more interested in seeing children with the least amount of mental challenges and behavioral difficulties. If you make an appointment be sure to be ready to wait an extra 45 minutes to see him. He is short in temper, self-involved and very rude as described in many of the previous posts. I am sure any body who posted a positive post about this doctor has a child with very little issues. I advise against bringing you're child here if he/she is severly in need because you'll only waste you're time dealing with this condesending man.

Submitted March 25, 2012 | flag

I took my child to see doctor Grossman under the insistence of the school teacher who kept complaining that my son was easily distracted and could not focus. He evaluated him and prescribed Focalin. When I tried to discuss other options, he said he could not help and would not refer me to another doctor who could. Unfortunately this doctor only practices drug treatment. If you are into drugging up your child this is the right one for you. But for those of us who know the side effects of the medications used for ADHD we prefer to use a different approach and he does not want to hear it. Some of the side effects of Focalin include insomnia, dizziness, nausea, euphoria, headache, anxiety, anorexia, uncontrolled muscle movements mental/mood/behavior changes tachycardia, weakness, confusion, slurred speech, and severe headaches. How do I know? I'm a nurse practitioner, as a health care provider I would not put a child on these drugs, there are far safer alternatives.

Submitted March 20, 2012 | flag

Dr Grossman amazed me on the first visit. He is very to the point and accurate. I have seen comments of him being abrupt and sort of rude. I personally think that those are individuals that are in denial and really are not open to his opinion. He is thorough in his testing and is very observant of the child during each visit. We have a long road ahead but I am confident that we will get there with Dr Grossman. I have already seen a difference since he started my son on treatment. We travel from the Bronx to Long Island and it is well worth the trip. A very good family friend sees him on a regular basis for her son. I thank her for her recommendation.

Submitted March 9, 2012 | flag