Rate Dr. Amy Huang

Dr. Amy Huang's Ratings

Dr. Huang is the kindest and most compassionate doctor. I feel like she is really listening to me when im with her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2563644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2014

Dr. Huang brought me through a high risk twins pregnancy with such a breeze. I was in and out of the hospital during the final two months. She was great at assessing what was going on over the phone and always checked in with me during each of the weekly ER / hospital stays despite being off-duty, etc. He explanations and care for us was wonderful. She had delivered our oldest a few years before with no problems. She is smart and knows her stuff. She can explain some complicated medical jargon so that a lay person can understand. Surprisingly, someone that smart also has great bed-side manner!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2546716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Dr. Huang is an excellent doctor. She is never too busy to listen to your concerns. She is gentle and caring. She listens and asks questions, explains everything in detail, is respectful, and is a very calm, soothing person to talk to. I especially like that she is considerate of me as a family member, not just a patient. She also gave me lots of mental support during my pregrency. Thank you Dr. Huang and baby Rae is doing great and growing so fast.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][886402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

Dr. Huang is wonderful. She's incredibly warm, diligent and knowledgeable. I joined her practice hoping for a natural/home-like experience with my pre-natal care and delivery- she assured me that she would do all she could to achieve that goal (all the doctors in the office have privledges at the St. Luke's Birthing Center). With each visit she was up-to-date with my progress and test results. With one test she even followed up with me on a Sunday night to relay everything had come back normal. I never felt rushed and she always asked if I had any questions or any concerns. When it came time for my delivery, she fought hard to find a place for me in the birthing center. As the labor progressed, and I asked for an epidural, she let me start pushing at 9 cm so I could still have the natural birth I was hoping for. I was incredibly happy with my time and experience with Dr. Huang and I would recommend her to anyone looking for thorough and thoughtful obgyn care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][886401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

Dr.Huang has wonderful bedside manners. She is a professional yet warm and a good listerner. She saved my life when i had complications after the birth of my second child. She knew what to look out for and kept me informed throughout the entire ordeal. She is 150% dedicated and always returns phone calls. She even followed up with me (making the call herself) when I had forgotten to make an appt for a checkup. For a thriving, robust practice, she gives personal attention and truly cares about me as her patient. She remembers details about my history without looking in my chart/folder. She lives and breathes her work but you can tell that it's her passion and she is the best at it. She is calming, encouraging and reassuring during delivery. I was lucky enough that she was on call during both of my deliveries.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][886400].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Dr Huang is warm, caring, thoughtful, and responsive. She keeps up with the latest medical literature and takes the time necessary to talk to her patients and explain things in layman's terms. Unlike other NYC-based Obgyns who I have seen, she has never pressured me into any medical procedures or specific approaches to childbirth.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][886399].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2013

Dr. Huang can only control her staff's behavior and punctuality of her busy office to a certain degree. What she can control and does fully, though, is her patient care. If you want a doctor to answer your questions, take you through your pregnancy and birth with peace, excellent bedside manners, morning hospital visits to check on you, then Dr. Huang is the choice for you. She is an excellent doctor who spends more time with a patient than most other NYC OBGYNS. I know as I have been though a few of them. Dr. Huang has been with me through two pregnancies and births and I would not have changed a thing about the care I received from her. Please judge doctors on their own words and deeds, not the hospitals where they work or the staff that works for them. After all, are all the people that you work with reflective of you? I highly recommend Dr. Huang to all who look for patience, professionalism, heart and care in their OBGYN.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][886398].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

Dr. Huang is fantastic! She was our main doctor at the practice during my pregnancy, though at least once they make you see all the OBGYNs as you are not sure which might deliver your baby depending on who is on call at the time. We loved all the physicians and would have been very happy with any of them, though luck would have it that Dr. Huang was on call at the time I went into labor. She rushed from the birthing center where she was delivering another baby to make sure she was there for us in time. She delivered our healthy baby girl into the world and we are extremely grateful for all she did. At every appointment she was thorough and made sure all our questions were answered. It was my first pregnancy and I had many questions and always felt comfortable calling her with all of them, at any hour, no matter how minute. She always put us at ease. Pregnancy is a very stressful process and having a fantastic doctor like Amy Huang really gave us peace of mind. Highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][886397].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

Dr Amy Huang is the most amazing OB GYN. She detected a cyst on my ovary and surgically removed it for me. I can barely see my stitches. I've been going to her for over 6 years now and I can't say anything negative about her. She's passionate about her job and cares for her patients. She is very knowledgeable and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][886396].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2012

I have followed Dr. Huang since St. Vincent's and for those who read the comments below--they moved to a huge office on Central Park West in the 80's. If the office was your turnoff, try them again as you will be very pleased to see this space. Anyway, she is a wonderful doctor but didn't deliver me as Dr. Rhee was on duty. I had some complications and Dr. Rhee was terrific. Dr. Huang circumcised my son and did a great job. She took terrific care of me during pregnancy and we had a marker found in 2nd sonogram. She handled it great and talked me off the ledge. My son is perfectly healthy. Great practice. I recommend all of my friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][886395].votes_count ]]