Dr. Dirk W. Snyder

Grad. Year: 1996

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Dirk W. Snyder has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5507445
02/06/14 3 1 1 1 After waiting long past my appointment times to see the doctor, he is always in such a rush. I came in to have my knee checked for injury. Without doing any X-rays, he told me to lift ankle weights and left with no discussion. I came in to be tested for diabetes symptoms. I was told that there was nothing wrong with me and to just eat yogurt, with no further testing to see what was causing my symptoms. Once again, he left abruptly w/ no discussion. So, I wasn't too surprised when I was sent by another doctor for an MRI, to overhear an elderly lady's conversation with the receptionist (at a different practice). The lady told the receptionist that this doctor (calling him by name) sent her there for an MRI, but her son had told her that she should mention that she had a pacemaker! Thus, I am here on this site to try to find a doctor who is actually caring enough to help myself and my family with our medical needs.
RID: 5419126
23/04/14 2 1 2 3 By far the worst Dr for more than one me reason. Not only is he hard to deal with his office staff have No clue what is going on. They are completely unorganized and have no follow through on what they say they will do. They have sent me to outside lab services multiple times without sending the order over for me to be seen and wasted a ton of my time. They offer to call you with information but have not once followed up with me. Dr. Snyder himself is very off-putting with his mannerism. When I tell him of issues I am having he has never made eye contact or truly show concern for what I am saying. Most of the time he just nods and continues to stare at his computer without addressing what I have just told him. I know most Dr's are exactly in your room on time but he has never made it in my room more than 40 mins after I have been put in there which is always 15 mins after my scheduled appt. Needless to say I have a new Dr and I am so relieved I will never have to deal with him.  Respond
RID: 5214962
27/02/14 5 5 5 5 Great doctor. He is very professional and nice. He is great with children and my older kids respond to him very well. He does not keep us waiting forever and his staff is very friendly.
RID: 4803168

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Dirk" to "Dirk W."
RID: 2543840
28/01/13 5 5 5 5 My first MTG. Of Dr.Snyder I was confused I didn't know what to think he didn't shaker my hand touch me or as anything I was offended but I went to a few more appointments and found him to be knowledgeable attentive and over all a very good Dr. He only prescribes what is needed. They are very friendly and get you in and out in a timely fashion. It is as long way from my house but worth the drive. I will stay as lothe long ride
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 2460516
29/10/12 1 2 1 3 I have been a patient for awhile and if my insurance allowed me to choose another dr. I would. Dr. Snyder rarely looks at you, constantly plays with his computer and can't seem to remember anything that he has seen me for in the past. I will say that he does spend an adequate amount of time in the office with you, but he shows no interest in what your saying. Sometimes he doesn't seem to know what to do, so he sends me to other specialists. When they determine the problem, he doesn't want to listen to it. Can't understand him. He rarely talks to you, and you never know if he has heard anything you have said. He never gives me my prescriptions on time and I can wait up to a week just to get a refill on medications that I am supposed to take everyday. The people in the office are nice, but they seem confused most of the time. I don't think there is good communication between them and the dr.
Insurance: HealthFirst
RID: 1550104
29/09/11 4 4 5 5 I liked the fact he could see me for all of my problems and not send me out to different doctors. Although he seemed very serious at first, he was actually very friendly. I was happy to find out he sees the whole family and could see my baby and my grandparents. Although I did not like that he didn't give me an antibiotic for my cold, he was right when he said it would last 7-10 days. I appreciated the fact he knew a lot about the different areas of medicine and only prescribed medicines when it was needed.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1466189
16/06/11 5 4 5 5 I switched to Dr. Snyder after leaving another Dr. because I hated the way I was treated there. Dr. Snyder has been wonderful. My longest wait has been 15 min.past my appointment time, which is great compared to the hour and a half I was dealing with before. He has been great with my young daughter, and is wonderful with scheduling. I've not had to wait more than two days for a routine appointment, and have been seen the same day or next morning for more urgent issues. He isn't super talkative, but that doesn't bother me, as long as my family is taken care of. He even called me on his day off to check on my daughter when she had a stomach bug. He is wonderful.
RID: 1461390

10/06/11 3 1 1 2 This guy is in the wrong profession! Waited 80 min to be seen. Did not examine me. Informed me of my lab results and plan of care in the seats outside xray rm with another man sitting right next me overhearing everything. Very uncomfortable for me and very unprofessional and unethical of dr snyder. This was my first visit w him, double thumbs down.
RID: 885161
12/05/09 5 5 5 5 We love Dr. Snyder!! He visited me in the hospital everyday each time I've been there!! He called to check up on me when I went home. His assistant is so sweet and FUNNY!
RID: 820984
09/03/09 1 3 1 2 put my daughter 9yrs old in a dirty room used by the patient before her.let used medical supplies on table... not patient with children.
RID: 807620
04/03/09 4 3 3 4 I am not really happy with this Doctor. He might know his medicine but his people skills are lacking. He doesn't seem to remember me and he seems more interested in his laptop than his patient. This is also an old run-down office. When I visit, I can't wait to leave. I am shopping for a new Doctor.
RID: 612378
11/06/08 3 1 1 2 We were very unhappy with the services. No bedside manners and kept his nose in his computer. He is good with children and seems comfortable with them, should consider being a pediatrician.  Respond
RID: 539713
16/03/08 5 5 5 5 i've been going to dr. snyder for awhile now and i find him to be a very good dr. he has been knowlegable and helpful.
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 505253
05/02/08 3 4 1 1 Dr. Snyder is the worst doctor I have ever encountered. He is a doctor who only works for his paycheck not to get the patients the help and care that they need. He has caused me to find a new doc for my children and for myself and my husband because of his lack of care as a doctor and a human being.  See Responses