Rate Dr. Robert W. Richards

Dr. Robert W. Richards's Ratings

Dr. Richards is great. He's the first Dr I've trusted with my son and my own care. He's always attentive and concerned. He's willing to work around my schedule with early morning appts. He's great

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

Submitted March 11, 2014 | flag

Dr. Richards is excellent. He makes me feel comfortable and I trust him with the meds he prescribes me, and from a confidentiality standpoint. I have had no problems with the front desk; they are very nice to me. My copay of $10 was after having met my deductible; otherwise, I would have to pay $100 per visit I believe.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2014 | flag

Dr. Richards is absolutely hands down the best psychiatrist I have ever seen. He is compassionate and careful to make sure he is making the right decisions with his patients input which leads to a much better self managed care experience. The office staff have been wonderful with the exception of the office manager who was completely rude when addressing concerns she had about my son's account. It is a shame my experience has been tainted by her ill mannered attitude. She definitely needs to be more understanding, compassionate and treat others with respect no matter the situation. Her professionalism really takes away from the positive experiences of everyone else there.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2013 | flag

Dissapointed,truly. Thinking you've found the best caring Doctor but sincerely spoiled by the office manager (she doesn't mind telling you how long she has been there). Dr. Richards would probably have higher ratings if he started over with a new staff and an attitude of love for his patients.

Submitted July 23, 2013 | flag

Awesome doctor. Kind and considerate. Takes time to talk with me and really listens. Best psychiatrist in town.

Submitted May 31, 2013 | flag

Just don't miss an appointment. They will hit you with a $85.00 charge and will make sure they send you reminders about the anount owed. Felt like I got more response out of him owing $85.00 than when my son was a patient.

Submitted May 30, 2013 | flag

I thought dr Richards was a good doctor for a year. One time I missed an appointment and it was the staff's fault...I called and asked the manager there to let the charge of 85 dollars go and she was rude disrespectful and treated me like dirt. She went and rattled to my doctor and I had an episode and needed to speak with my doctor. When he finally called after hours he wouldn't let me speak he said if it wasn't medical he had no intention of talking to me. He showed me his true side then. Hateful and inconsiderate. He puts on a show folks. Don't be fooled by his ratings.

Submitted April 11, 2013 | flag

Dr Richards is hands down the best psychiatrist in Greenville. I'm always amazed at how much he knows. His actions show he actually cares about his patients. (Sad that's so unusual these days, but I digress.) I get the sense that as he's asking questions, he's narrowing down areas in the brain that might need to be tweaked. Maybe the best way to put it is - he's a brain chemistry specialist. Too many psychiatrists just guess about what medication to recommend. Yes, the person at the front desk can be rude. (She seems to be getting better lately.) Yes, you usually have to wait after your appointment time to be seen. But those are two very minor inconveniences that I gladly trade for the benefit of knowing I am getting the best care possible. My mind is important to me and Dr Richards has helped me tremendously. He doesn't take my insurance so I just pay cash and it is absolutely worth it.

Submitted April 4, 2013 | flag

i don't know why his rating are so good. he took about 5 min. testing my motor skills to see if my med. was hurting me. he didn't inform me of any side effect which i was having a lot of and didn't know because i was so young. some of the side effects are now permanent. then he would send me out of the room to talk to my mom in secret. meanwhile i went outside and played on a wall right beside a busy 4 lane rd. with no supervision. He recommended i be institutionalized. while at the hospital for a year i was isolated from my family and friends, got no education, couldn't meet the 15 min time limit for taking a shower, brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed, so i had to just brush my hair, swish toothpaste in my mouth, and get wet so it looked like i did. i was praised for doing it so fast. i was sent to the padded room for biting my nails when i didn't know it wasn't allowed. i was forced to stay up all night with no explanation. i was told i wasn't allowed to pass gas. i was forgotten about in time out for hours.

Submitted March 8, 2013 | flag