Rate Dr. Robert W. Richards

Dr. Robert W. Richards's Ratings

Listen up people! I have seen dr Richards in the past and several others. I thought I had found the "answer" to all my problems with his diagnosis. After years of every medication I can think of I was tested for the MTHFR gene mutation which I've had homozygous for years. This doctor made me believe I was out of all options and couldn't help any more. I think he has serious OCD the way he treated me always reading things to a stifling degree of detail. Sometimes a good quality for doctors but can get annoying. Hate the manager there. He seemed to be well rounded until I realized he didn't even try to find a MEDICAL reason for my issues. He's not the only one, but most psychiatrists don't want you to find out it could just be medical. You can guess why! He needs to retire already. I'm glad I don't see him anymore!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2539441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

Dr. Richards is great. He's the first Dr I've trusted with my son and my own care. He's always attentive and concerned. He's willing to work around my schedule with early morning appts. He's great

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2485333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][887831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Dr. Richards is excellent. He makes me feel comfortable and I trust him with the meds he prescribes me, and from a confidentiality standpoint. I have had no problems with the front desk; they are very nice to me. My copay of $10 was after having met my deductible; otherwise, I would have to pay $100 per visit I believe.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][887828].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2014

Dr. Richards is absolutely hands down the best psychiatrist I have ever seen. He is compassionate and careful to make sure he is making the right decisions with his patients input which leads to a much better self managed care experience. The office staff have been wonderful with the exception of the office manager who was completely rude when addressing concerns she had about my son's account. It is a shame my experience has been tainted by her ill mannered attitude. She definitely needs to be more understanding, compassionate and treat others with respect no matter the situation. Her professionalism really takes away from the positive experiences of everyone else there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][887827].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2013

Dissapointed,truly. Thinking you've found the best caring Doctor but sincerely spoiled by the office manager (she doesn't mind telling you how long she has been there). Dr. Richards would probably have higher ratings if he started over with a new staff and an attitude of love for his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][887826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Awesome doctor. Kind and considerate. Takes time to talk with me and really listens. Best psychiatrist in town.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][887825].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Just don't miss an appointment. They will hit you with a $85.00 charge and will make sure they send you reminders about the anount owed. Felt like I got more response out of him owing $85.00 than when my son was a patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][887824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

I thought dr Richards was a good doctor for a year. One time I missed an appointment and it was the staff's fault...I called and asked the manager there to let the charge of 85 dollars go and she was rude disrespectful and treated me like dirt. She went and rattled to my doctor and I had an episode and needed to speak with my doctor. When he finally called after hours he wouldn't let me speak he said if it wasn't medical he had no intention of talking to me. He showed me his true side then. Hateful and inconsiderate. He puts on a show folks. Don't be fooled by his ratings.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][887830].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Dr Richards is hands down the best psychiatrist in Greenville. I'm always amazed at how much he knows. His actions show he actually cares about his patients. (Sad that's so unusual these days, but I digress.) I get the sense that as he's asking questions, he's narrowing down areas in the brain that might need to be tweaked. Maybe the best way to put it is - he's a brain chemistry specialist. Too many psychiatrists just guess about what medication to recommend. Yes, the person at the front desk can be rude. (She seems to be getting better lately.) Yes, you usually have to wait after your appointment time to be seen. But those are two very minor inconveniences that I gladly trade for the benefit of knowing I am getting the best care possible. My mind is important to me and Dr Richards has helped me tremendously. He doesn't take my insurance so I just pay cash and it is absolutely worth it.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][887823].votes_count ]]