Dr. Althea Angel

Dr. Althea Angel

Rate Dr. Althea Angel

Dr. Althea Angel's Ratings

I recently had replacement crown work done by Dr. Angel. She is by far, the most skilled, competent, and personable dentist I have ever treated with - 5 stars for quality. Her office is super convenient if you work in the Boston. The staff is friendly and excellent as well. Wish I had found her earlier, but delighted that I am with Devonshire and Dr. Angel NOW. If you live and work in Boston, don't waste your time going anywhere else!

Submitted July 23, 2013 | flag

Though the office has a very pleasant, helpful staff and things run very orderly and on time, I was pushed into expensive procedures unnecessarily. The second time it happened, I was told I needed extensive periodontal work and had no root attachment on several gum areas which turned out to be untrue. She made it sound like my teeth were going to fall out. I have never had an issue with my teeth in my life. I have always been told I have perfect teeth, and the only issues that I've had were diagnosed by Dr. Angel. I've moved on to a new dentist Get a second opinion.

Submitted Dec. 14, 2012 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Angel and Devonshire Dental for almost ten years. I highly recommend her not only for her highly knowledgeable treatment but for her genuinely caring approach to her patients. It is refreshing to have a doctor that cares more about my health than about making money. Her staff is also top notch and has never kept me waiting in the waiting room.

Submitted May 24, 2012 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Angel by my physician at Mass General Hospital. He had commented that he felt she was the best in town. After two years of treatment by her, I concur. She spends an enormous amount of time analyzing problems that you may have and discussing potential solutions. I was never pressured into having any work done. To the contrary, I felt like she was very conservative in this regard. The best recommendation is perhaps the reaction of my friends and family when they saw how my smile had changed due to the vaneers she place in my mouth. It actually has changed my life for the better. Great practice.

Submitted Dec. 24, 2011 | flag

I also found her very good but as time went on I felt like I was told I had problems that didn't seem pressing but were expensive to fix.. And, when I was there she was working on several people at once so the appointments took forever! I finally moved on when she told me I needed extensive periodontal work. It has been several years and my gums are fine.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2010 | flag

Best dentist in Boston. The technical skills to be this good are very hard to find. Never any pain always beautiful work. For years I would dread sitting in the chair, with her I actually relaxed once I sit down.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2009 | flag

Dr. Angel is a Saint. I chipped my front tooth when I slipped at a smimming pool. Of course I thought I was in for many visits to have this repaired. Dr. Angel was able to do a "bonding" procedure that had my tooth fixed inside of an hour! Best of all, nobody can tell it was ever chipped. She was great.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2006 | flag

Although a good dentist, Dr. Angel' appears to pack her schedule very tightly and her manner is often hurried and abrupt. She appears to have limited time for patient lateness (I was 20 minutes late once and she rescheduled) and limited time to recuperate from feeling anxious (rubber dams put over my nose make me feel anxious). Her rates are high. She does give helpful explanations and explain what she is doing as she does it. Although the quality of her work is good, I am looking for another dentist.

Submitted July 27, 2006 | flag

It is no wonder that several people referred me to Dr. Angel's office, saying that she was the best in Boston. I had been to other dentists and had left because I did not feel that my health care was the dentist's concern. Dr. Angel takes a conservative approach to treatment and does not push you towards unneeded procedures. I was totally blown away by how much time she spent with me discussing options, taking photographs, and most importantly listening to my concerns. I just can't say enough. She will be my dentist for as long as I live in the Boston area.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2005 | flag

Outstanding, exceptional, and best in the field. Those are the words I would use to describe the best dentist I have ever been to. And Note I highly fear destist from a fraudulent case of an implant attempt at age 11. HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ANY AND ALL!!! If you like your dentist now. Switch!! Note: I have knocked a Destist out cold due to my fear. Althea is curing that fear with every visit to her and her wonderful staff. I am still in process of getting two implants done. I have never in my life felt more comfortable then with with wonderful lady.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2005 | flag