Rate Dr. G. Arun Kumar

Dr. G. Arun Kumar's Ratings

I approached my first appointment with Dr. Kumar with some trepidation as I had read some ugly reviews about him and his office. Much to my surprise I found a well organized office staff who was very pleasant and very helpful. I am a night person and prefer my appointments in the late afternoon and they did everything in their power to accommodate me. As for Dr. Kumar, I found him to be a very concerned, very thorough and very pleasant physician. I was accompanied by my male significant other who is a Ph.D. but Dr. Kumar addressed himself to me and my concerns. He ordered the appropriate tests he felt I needed and told me to make a follow-up appointment. He even helped me put my shoes back on which I have never had another physician do. Needless to say, I will consult with Dr. Kumar anytime I need to see a neurologist in the future.

Submitted May 23, 2014 | flag

Charged us a $25.00 fee for 3 missed appointments we never knew we had. His staff is apparently incompetent as well as rude. In all fairness he did discover the anuerism. He will never win the Mr. congeniality award. He should fire his staff and hire some kids.

Submitted March 7, 2014 | flag

Dr Kumar and his staff are incompetent. We were already upset with the fact that Kumar didn't seem to care about anything other than writing another prescription for my fiancé who is having inexplicable seizures. Dr Kumar is short and unsympathetic with his patients. He didn't seem very familiar with the type of medication she was taking or the side effects of it. We literally had to come to our own conclusions on why they were happening. Meanwhile we played constant phone tag with the incredible excuse for an office that lost their own lab work. It would see a specialist who seemed to give a damn about the well being of their patients. This is truly the worst experience I've ever had with any medical specialist. The lack of communication between the office, the doctors, and their inability to cooperate with other offices made this medical nightmare even worse. Pick a different neurologist.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2014 | flag

Possibly the office manager, who greeted me seemed quirt, but knowledgable; might be because I was late. Parking was packed. The receptionist was very polite and helpful. The nurse was cheerful and even funny (appropriately). Dr Kumar was pleasant, as well, listened and made notes when I told him why I was there. He looked straight at me and made sure that he understood, by rephrasing and repeating back to me, what I had told him. He did some testing of my nervous system reactions, some I had never seen before. Told me what he believes is the problem; told me what kind of testing he would need to do at my next appointment, walked me to the receptionist, told her what kind of testing I needed, and asked her to set up the appropriate test and explanation dates. All of them, including Dr. Kumar, were pleasant, courteous, and nice. A GREAT first time visit. Not at all what I expected after seeing the comments here.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2014 | flag

DR. KUMAR ACTS UNINTERESTED AND RUSHED. HE BARELY MAKES EYE CONTACT, RUSHES INTO ROOM AND DISMISSES ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE. WHEN HE REALIZED I WORKED FOR A PCP OFFICE (MY MOTHER IS THE PT SEEN FOR DEMENTIA) HE COMPLETELY CHANGED HIS ATTITUDE AND "BEDSIDE MANNER". UPON FOLLOW-UP 6 MONTHS LATER WE ASSUME HE FORGOT THIS BECAUSE WAS RIGHT BACK TO BEING RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS. SPENT A TOTAL OF 5 MINUTES SEEING MY MOTHER WHILE RUSHING HER THROUGH HER EXAM. BY THE TIME HE WALKED OUT OF THE EXAM ROOM SHE WAS TEARFUL AND SHAKING. NEEDLESS TO SAY WE WILL NOT BE BACK NOR WOULD WE EVER RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE. HIS WIFE WORKS IN THE OFFICE AT TIMES AND SHE IS HORRIBLY RUDE NOT ONLY TO PATIENTS BUT TO STAFF. NO WONDER HE HAS SUCH A HIGH TURNOVER RATE. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A KIND, COMPASSIONATE PHYSICIAN WHO CARES THIS IS NOT THE PHYSICIAN FOR YOU!!!!

Submitted July 24, 2013 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Kumar for two years. He always takes his time and checks the effectiveness of my medication. (I have an essential tremor)His staff is friendly and helpful. The always answer the phone during business hours. I suspect many of the complaints are old as he is ware of the negative feed back and has improved. I recommend him for those with my condition.

Submitted May 20, 2013 | flag

I found Dr Kumar to be a very good doctor, he tested me for every known auto immune disease and did not dismiss me in anyway, he was very patient and caring, I was finally diagnosed with MS and Sarcoidosis My only problem with this office was rudeness on the part of the receptionist i kept calling the office to talk with dr Kumar and kept being put through to prescriptions, i eventually gave up and have not been back to see this doc, though i would love to still be his patient, his receptionist has put me off as no matter how many times i called the office and asked for a call back, the call back never came,

Submitted Jan. 7, 2013 | flag

I had an MS episode in February, first one since 2001 and was referred to Dr. Kumar by my PCP. He is very curt, asked me no questions, and told me that the MRI I had just done showed lesions on my brain. He asked the front desk staff if I had good insurance and then gave me a prescription for injections. After 6 weeks, I increased the dosage, as ordered, to maximum dosage and had severe reactions. I tried calling the office for days on end, with no answer. I left several messages, with no return calls. Finally, I decided to cut back on the dosage without his approval. Another week went by, and then I got a call from the office and made an appointment for the following day. I told him about calling the office and getting no response, and his answer was "I was on vacation." Now, I am having other problems, and can't get the office to answer again. I have an appointment with a new doctor

Submitted Sept. 21, 2012 | flag

excellent , knowledable Doctor, friendly staff.was apprehensive at first after reading the comments on this site. But my PCP wanted me to see him.Glad I did.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2012 | flag

Named Best of AZ Neurologist. This may be so, but his bedside manners were difficult to get past. There are cultural barriers (I believe he is from India or that region). He is condescending towards women, does not make eye contact and when my husband accompanied me on visits, he would only speak to my husband.

Submitted May 28, 2012 | flag