Dr. Alan A. Burshell

Grad. Year: 1975

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. Alan A. Burshell has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

12/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.9

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Alan" to "Alan A."

26/09/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "NEW ORLEANS" to "Jefferson"
RID: 2419024
06/09/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Burshell was very friendly and helpful. He listened to any questions I had and answered them very well. I would highly recommend Dr. Burshell if you are looking for a doctor who listens to your opinion.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 919584
22/06/09 3 5 5 5 I've had a lot of health problems and have seen many doctors over the years, and Dr. Burshell is in the top five. He was friendly, patient, attentive, and even funny. He spent a lot of time with me and agreed to run some tests that I asked for even if he didn't think I had the condition the tests were for, which is all I ever really wanted a doctor to do. The waiting list to get in to see him is a long one for a reason. He listened to my concerns and didn't just brush me off as fat and crazy like many, many other doctors did. I can't stress enough how good it feels to have a doctor LISTEN and spend a good amount of time with you. Many doctors before have rushed me in and out, interrupted me, and told me I was wrong about my own body--not Dr. Burshell. Because of his care, my hormonal issues are beginning to be under control, and I feel tons better already.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 640423
15/07/08 5 5 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Burshell for treatment with my thyroid cancer. He was very warm, personable, patient, and candid about my condition, treatment and went the extra mile to uncover and research some undiagnosed conditions that effected my current illness. Three days after my initial visit with Dr. Burshell Hurricane Katrina hit making it impossible for him to treat my cancer. He personally called me numerous times at home concerned about my lack of treatment and coordinated my treatment at MD Anderson in Houston and follow-up with him. On all my follow-up visits he has taken extra time with me to answer all my questions about my health as well as continue to research other health problems. I have the highest regard for Dr. Burshell and his staff.  Respond
RID: 503515
03/02/08 4 3 1 2 Dr Burshell is highly regarded among his peers. He was No help to me. He lost my file (before files were computerized) and became indignant when I questioned him about something. I received notification from Ochsner indicating that I had an appt with him. When I got there, I asked if he had my results from recent lab work. He belittled me and said, "I don't know what you expect me to tell you so soon, I don't have any resutls yet. However, I did not make the appt. HIS office did. Later my file was found in a drawer in his dept (someone in another dept found it). I go to Ochsner for all other specialties, EXCEPT endocrinology. Other friends have seen him and agree. Not only does he have no bedside manner..... he has "God" complex.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield