Dr. Gurpreet S. Ahuja

Doctor (MD)

Location:
Orange, California Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)
Website:
Grad. Year: 1986

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Gurpreet S. Ahuja has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)-related: ears, nose, throat, hearing loss, tonsillitis, nasal surgery, endoscopy, laryngology, reconstructive surgery of the head and neck, thyroid surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, swallowing disorders, sleep apnea, vertigo
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Gurpreet" to "Gurpreet S."
RID: 2772168
16/08/13 5 5 5 5 All I can say is "Wow". I have never had a doctor be so thorough. Dr. Ahuja took a full page of notes and spent 45 minutes with us. He clearly explained medical terms without prompting and course of treatment. Extremely gentle with wonderful bedside manner. My 4 year old said it was a fun visit and wanted to go back. Conservative treatment. All time favorite doctor - highly recommended!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2588386
18/03/13 5 4 5 5 Dr. Ahuja is AMAZING. He will always put the health of your child first. He repaired my son's ear membranes after 1st set of tubes (inserted by another surgeon 3 years prior) did not fall out properly. He helped avoid complications and was very conservative with treatments. My son has maintained good hearing and comfort, and although it has taken several years he is starting to finally outgrow the infections. Another doctor may have just done more surgery, with more sets of tubes. But we have avoided both for more than two years. There are times when appointments have not been exactly on time or ideally convenient, but having Dr. Ahuja treat my child is absolutely worth it.
RID: 2538771
22/01/13 5 5 5 5 We are so glad our pediatrician sent us to Dr Ahuja. Our son had his tonsils and adnoids removed and tubes put in ears June 2012. He is doing great, sleeps better and has been healthy ever since. We felt like we were in good hands and our son was very comfortable with all office staff and the Dr. We drive an hour to his office and feel it is worth it. Our check ups will be every six months until tubes are out. We have never had to wait a long time to be seen.
RID: 2041017
17/04/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ahuja performed a tonsilectomy and adenoidectomy on our child. My husband and I are both in medicine and went to two other consultations prior to making our selection for the surgeon for our child. Our appointments were always on time, his Physician Assistant was an excellent clinician and Dr. Ahuja himself was astute in knowledge, conservative in his recommendation, thorough and meticulous in his surgical skill. the recovery was much easier than we anticipated and without complication. we could not have been more thrilled with our care our child received. The Ambe Family, Newport Beach  Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1423675
23/04/11 4 4 5 5 Dr. Ahuja gave so much time to our son and never made us feel rushed. He is very warm so our son felt at ease immediately. He answered all our questions.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1402753
31/03/11 5 5 5 5 My son was a very sick little boy and at 3 weeks old was not breathing properly and his Ped couldnt figure out what was wrong so Dr. Ahuja took him first thing the next morning and diagnosed him immediately and monitored him closely (even called my house personally to check up on him) then at 5 weeks old my son had further complications and was admitted to CHOC by Dr. Ahuja and he came on a daily basis to see him and performed surgery 1 week later and my son has come home and is a new child he breathes and eats properly all thanks to Dr. Ahuja. Putting your child in his arms is the best thing you can do, he has your best interest at heart and will always be honest and caring... We will continue our care with him forever and will always refer friends to him.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1330533
07/01/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Ahuja was recommended by our pediatrician & gave excellent care to our daughter during her treatment with him. He clearly explained all the steps involved of the treatment & of the surgery. Dr. Ahuja came out after our daughter's surgery to tell us an update on the procedure & status. I felt that my daughter was in good, caring & skilled hands. He's very popular so it's a tight schedule to get an appointment but I have never waited long. I would recommend Dr. Ahuja to any parent looking for a specialist for their child.
Insurance: Anthem
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 576465
27/04/08 5 2 5 5 Dr. Ahuja is a very gentle, caring doctor. He has performed surgery on my child. My child is autistic and he is so sweet and gentle with her. He is the only doctor she will let look in her ears. I highly recommend him.
RID: 503007
03/02/08 5 3 5 5 Dr. Ahuja has performed surgery on both of my sons. He is very detailed in his care which can make the wait in his office long. Trust me, he is worth it. His staff is pleasant and helpful.  Respond