Dr. Irwin C. Steinberg

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 24/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 27 reviews. Dr. Irwin C. Steinberg has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5485153
19/05/14 5 4 5 5 I would recommend any expectant mother to Dr. Steinberg. His staff is friendly and takes time to ask you about how you are doing and the Dr is very efficient, experienced, and knowledgeable about his field of work.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 2913916
15/10/13 5 5 5 5 I highly recommend Dr. Steinberg. He is extremely knowledgable and his staff is friendly and very helpful. The office is always very clean and the wait times are always very short. I wish all doctors offices ran so efficiently!  Respond
RID: 2674599

09/06/13 3 5 3 2 The office restroom and hallway was VERY dirty. My appointment was at 3:30pm, which is the end of the day but honesty it seemed as though it not been cleaned in 2 days. I went to this dr based on the reviews on this website and I wholeheartedly believe these reviews were posted by staff and friends. I had to pay up front because they said my insurance BCBS was not preauthorizing the claim. There was a complete lack of f/u. I was seen in January and still today do not know the results of my pap. I requested my previous dr's records be requested and transferred for 2 months, which never were. Terrible exerience, will never go back.
RID: 2651807
18/05/13 5 5 5 5 I was recommended by my friend to Doctor Steinberg. Dr. Steinberg assisted me through my first pregnancy. I had a great pregnancy. Dr. Steinberg is very informative and professional with information you should know. What I loved the most is that he listens to any questions or concerns you may have throughout your visit. Very punctual, extremely clean office and the staff is very professional and helpful with questions you may have. If there is one thing that I admire the most of Dr. Steinberg is that he was always available during my labor and delivery. Never had to call for him. He was available and attentive with my progress during and after my delivery/s-section. He is all about looking out for the best interest of the patient (me) never rushed the delivery progress. I highly recommend Dr. Steinberg. He will continue to be my OBGYN.
RID: 2641668
06/05/13 5 5 5 5 I am so happy I finally found a great OB-GYN. when I walked in the office, I notice it was very clean. all the staff was very kind. I waited until I was called for about 10 minutes after I was check in. When Dr. Steinberg walk in the room, he told me who he was with a nice smile on his face. He sat down with his pen and pad going over all my medical history. He took his time answering all my question and concerns. I had a procedure done and he was Awesome! It all went well, I feel good and he fix my problem. I recommend all my friends and family to him. Dr. Steinberg is really a EXCELLENT doctor!::)
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2500383
14/12/12 4 5 5 5 Dr. Steinberg has been my doctor for approx 15 years. He's always been so kind and helpful! I really respect him and encourage others to choose him as their doctor. You can tell he actually cares about his patients, which is rare nowadays with doctors. His office is a little far from my house, but the trip is worth it.  Respond
RID: 2009627
11/04/12 5 5 5 5 I have seen Dr. Steinberg for almost 10 years. He and his staff are ALWAYS friendly, approachable and helpful. They always respect the value of my time, just as I do theirs. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Steinberg as an OB/GYN. I would not and will not go anywhere else.
Paid (or co-pay): $600
Respond

14/09/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

31/08/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1500038
30/07/11 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient since 2002. He delivered my first child that year, followed by my second child 2 years later, both by C-sec. I have always been very happy with the service I received. The wait time has always been minimal, while my time with the doctor never seems rushed. He takes his time to answer all of my questions and makes sure that I am comfortable with his answers. He dealt with all of my issues professionally and always seemed quite sincere. He guided me through my pregnancies and delivered 2 healthy children, giving me the most precious gifts! He will always be dear to us for that! Love my doctor!
Paid (or co-pay): $45
RID: 1495499
25/07/11 5 5 5 5 excellent doctor very kind and personable very knowledgeable gives all pros and cons of prescriptions and side effects super clean office
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1424673
25/04/11 5 5 5 5 I have been with dr.s for 18 months and he has been great! He is caring and helpful yet really relaxed he does not do procedures that are not needed and listens to me! I lost twins and he was really compassionate and has just got me thru a successful pregnancy. I wouldn't go to another doctor!
RID: 1380328
06/03/11 5 5 5 5 I have been with Dr. Steinburg and his wonderful staff for 9 years. I would never even imagine going anywhere else. I have had one baby that he delivered and even through out all my silly pregnancy questions ad concerns he was always very caring and willing to hear me out. He always puts his patients safety first and is truly a wonderful doctor  Respond
RID: 1354813
04/02/11 4 5 5 5 I think Dr. Steinberg and staff are wonderful. If you are open with Dr. Steinberg and talk with him about your care and concerns, your experience should be a positive one. I used to think he was too professional, almost on the cold side, but I found he has a sense of humor and I'm even more comfortable discussing feminine matters with him. You get out what you put in to any doctor visit.
RID: 1349570
28/01/11 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Steinberg's for about 5 years. He is the best at what he does and I know this because he's performed 3 surgeries on me, 2 of those being c-sections. His staff is awesome and always willing to help. I am very happy with my doctor.
RID: 1330296
07/01/11 5 5 5 5 I am 8 months pregnant with my first baby. Dr Steinberg and his office have been awesome. My questions and concerns are always answered in a way that is not only informative but comforting too. Adding that to a punctual and caring staff has made my experience very positive.
RID: 1329517
06/01/11 5 5 5 5 Dr.Steinberg is very professional. He has deliver both of my babies in a emergency situation. I am very happy with his services
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 1329437
06/01/11 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr.Steinberg's for over 5 yrs. He is fantastic. His bedside manner is very reassuring. He never rushes me or makes me feel uncomfortable. He honestly makes me feel like I am his only patient. I have recommended over 10 people to his office of which all 10 are as satisfied as I am. His staff is very efficient and helpful. The office is clean and comfortable and the wait is less then 5 min. I can honestly say he is the BEST!!!!!!
RID: 1322005
27/12/10 5 5 5 5 I have been visiting Dr Steinberg for over 3 y and am very happy to be his patient. Everybody in the office is very friendly and makes you feel comfortable. Have never waited more than 10 min for my appointments. He did all he could so I don’t have to do C-section with our first baby, and I couldn’t be happier with the delivery. Everybody at the hospital was telling us how lucky we are that he is my doctor, and that not many doctors will care so much. I love my doctor and will always recommend him to anybody.
Paid (or co-pay): $55
RID: 1319693
22/12/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Steinberg performed a C-section on me last minute and I had very little pain. He also gave my son a circumcision which healed beautifully and had no complications from
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 1311768
10/12/10 5 5 5 5 Dr is very profesional, and asnwer all my questions whith profesionalismo as usually,I always will recomend Dr Irwin Steinberg to my friends  Respond
RID: 1287018
05/11/10 5 5 5 5 I have used Dr Steinberg for many years. He and his staff are extremely professional. He always explains any thing he is doing and always asks if I have any questions. I've never waited long for my apointment.
RID: 1200137
01/07/10 5 5 5 5 7/1/2010 Today I had my routine exam with Dr Irwin steinberg, as usually, everybody very nice and respectfully, the Dr is very profesional, and asnwer all my questions whith profesionalismo as usually,I always will recomend Dr Irwin Steinberg to my friends.  Respond
RID: 1145159
08/04/10 5 5 5 5 I have used many other gyns in the area and was not happy. 2 women I work with use Dr Steinberg and suggested I try him. I had a hard time with pain and getting pregnant. Dr Steinberg spent a great deal of time with me, did an extensive workup, and made apropriate referrals. He is extremely compassionate. He returned all of my phone calls and answered all of my questions. He fixed my problem!! 6 years later I am pregnant with my 3rd child and would never go anywhere else!!!
RID: 1139395
30/03/10 3 5 2 3 Beautiful office, excellent punctuality, nice staff, however the doctor himself is very blunt/impersonal/rushed. I am planning on becoming pregnant for the first time and I shared my concern with him of my history of recurring UTIs (more than 7 in a given year) and he did not find this ocurrance to be a "big deal" - he did not think that this is something that should be addressed before I get pregnant - he simply said that if it happens during the pregnancy, then "we will treat it." I was very disappointed as I believe that a caring doctor would at least look at my medical history and try to figure out the root of the matter. He only talked to me for a few minutes, and I am definately going to continue looking for a doctor who will help me solve this terribly frustrating issue.  Respond
RID: 877673
04/05/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Steinberg is great I've been going to him for years. He also just delevered my baby. I give him 5 stars.  Respond
RID: 685330
16/09/08 5 5 5 5 Being pregnant for first time I find Dr. Steinberg and his assistants, very helpful and professional. Everybody is so nice and with simile on their face all the time. There is no waiting for the appointments. Visits are pleasant and fast, but they never make you feel like the rush you. Since we just moved here and I didn’t have a dr. it was difficult for me to find one, as mostly of the good rated dr. do not accept new patients. When I called Dr. Steinberg’s office I was already pregnant and they scheduled an appointment for me right away. I am very happy with my doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 531853
06/03/08 5 5 5 5 I have been using Dr Steinberg for over 8 yrs. He is wonderful!! He is very caring and always has time to answer all of my questions. All of my friends from my office use him, on my recommendation. They all agree that he is the best Ob/Gyn that they have ever been to. His staff is very nice and can always get me an appointment when I need one.
Insurance: Humana
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 528207
02/03/08 4 4 2 4 I was unhappy with Dr. Steinberg as he suggested an Endometrial bioipsy for my problem which was the correct assessment but didn't offer a local anesthetic which indicated that he wasn't very caring. He suggested that this procedure be done in the office otherwise he offered the alternative of a D & C which I thought was excessive. I won't return to him.
* - Rating left by a registered user