Rate Dr. Charles Shamess

Dr. Charles Shamess's Ratings

so sad ..he is going to retire in December.After being my doctor for 25+ years.

Submitted Oct. 25, 2013 | flag

I wonder if Dr. Shamess will ever see our comments. How do you get in touch with this man, can't email and can't leave messages. I am calling the college of physicians , not that it will do any good. In order to have them call me I have to go and leave a note on their door, this is appalling. I will mention this to Dr. Shamess if I can ever get to see him. My husband is a patient of his.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2013 | flag

This doctor was able to diagnose without even the confirming bloodwork just by checking out the joints in the hands. He was exemplary in his care, and superb in his knowledge. Its true he is quiet but its more working with diligent thought. I would recommend him with fabulous care

Submitted March 15, 2013 | flag

I like Doctor Shamess very much and he has been my doctor for over 20 but for God's sake. Dr. Shamess, please do something about that phone! It's never answered and one can't leave messages! So how can one call to make an appointment? Please note that it's very frustrating trying to get through to your office during the week, both mornings or afternoons. The phone is either busy all the time,and when it's answered,it's usually your assistant on the answering machine advising us not to leave a message etc. To me that message implies that the only way I can get that appointment would be to drive to the office and make that appointment in person. This is very frustrating. PLEASE DO SOMETHING!

Submitted Nov. 30, 2012 | flag

I found Dr Shamess to be very helpful, knowledgable and very intelligent. He is kind of an old fashioned soul with softness and very very very good at what he does

Submitted Oct. 22, 2012 | flag

Well I have lost my faith in humanity - namely those of Doctors. My GP is trying desperately to get me into see a Dr. Shamess - the original Dr. who diagnosed me with my dissability. Well his office answered back - DENIED. Said they don't have time to see me.and all it's for is some new medication which has the potential to help me immensely with pain. OH and his office didn't even have the integrity to call my GP back - THEY FAXED THE DENIAL TO MY DOCTOR. Now that's downright rude. My Doctor did try calling Dr. Shamess's Office only to be told the same thing on the phone - DENIED. So now my Doctor is trying desperately to get me into see another Rheumatologist. So far no good. In the meantime, I must sit and wait for another Rheumatologist to see me and they'll probably want to do all the same tests all over again. Lovely system there...lots of compassion on Dr. Shamess's part.

Submitted Sept. 26, 2012 | flag

Dr. Shamess is a wonderful Doctor but he needs to know that noone can get through to his office. The lunch hour message is left on all afternoon. I too have been trying to get through for two days. Hospital staff hate calling his office as they say they can never get through. He needs to figure out and examine what is going on out in the reception area. Not good and noone wants to tell him as he is a gem.

Submitted June 4, 2012 | flag

I can never seem to contact the office, it's always busy!! and when I get the machine it sais not to leave a message, so what's a person to do? Why not at least leave a message on the machine telling us why calls are not being answere? So frustrating! I've been trying for 3 days to contact them with no luck yet!!

Submitted May 9, 2012 | flag

Charles Shamess is my Mother's rheumatologist for over a decade. he is the kindnest, most intelligent soft spoken physician I have come across. I trust him with my Mother and there is no higher compliment.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2011 | flag

Very condescending, very unhelpful and not willing to treat me as I was dx'd with SLE (Lupus) in 2007, Fibro in 2008 and RA as a child. He REFUSES to see me for whatever reason, and I am not a difficult person. I need help. I went from working physical jobs 7 days a week to being bedridden. He ignores my previous charts with the Dx's on it, saying they don't exist. Wrote to CPPd without my knowledge so they denied my disability. He seems to pick and choose who to help. Sorry I don't have money so I'm not of interest. Or I fall out of his knowledge base. I have a fatal disease he is ignoring. I've almost died from it once yet that doesn't seem to matter. I agree, retirement is in order.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2011 | flag