Rate Dr. John Grymala

Dr. John Grymala's Ratings

This man is very unique and has a playful youthful heart. I think he knows his field very well!!

Submitted Feb. 10, 2014 | flag

I went in to see someone for help with depression and drinking issues. Dr. Grymala was very opinionated without hardly listening to anything i had to say. I was cut off mid sentence several times. He lacked very much in the areas of empathy and listening skills. It is my opinion that he has been doing this job for way too long and needs to move on. Makes me sad that I left without any guidance to my issues and that i feel bad for anyone else who goes in for help.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2014 | flag

When I stayed at the inpatient detox program at the ROH, Dr Grymala was my supervising doctor. I would only see him once a day and if I was even a couple mins late when he 'asks' for me, you get in a lot of trouble!! Quite the nerve considering when we need to see HIM he's rarely available. However I count my lucky stars that I even got into the program. Wonderful staff and nurses. Even though I wasn't fully successful while I was there I learned a LOT. Dr Grymala is nowhere near as good as Dr Schnare (who is in the same program - they take turns supervising the detox/rehab), but he was good enough. As others have mentioned he takes a very cookie cutter approach. Because of his manner, I always felt nervous asking him to change or up my dose. I was detoxed using suboxone and the whole time there I felt I was on too low a dose -- not that I wanted a buzz but it is supposed to completely stop your withdrawals when you start taking it... which it didn't. Listening could be improved.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2013 | flag

17 years ago I realized my addiction to alcohol was killing me so I went to the Royal Ottawa. Dr Grymala was the first person I saw and it was a blessing. Under his supervision, I went to a treatment centre where I undertook a new sober path. With Dr Grymala's stern but helpful guidance I would not be the sober man I am I am today.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2012 | flag

This rating is by a family member who accompanied the male patient. Dr. G. seems very intelligent and knowledgeable. Listening skills and empathy need improvement. Interpersonal skills lacking. Seems to have an opinion before asking questions or listening to answers. No interst in including family members in his discussions or advice - must be pushed to do so. Do not get the impression that he enjoys his work.

Submitted May 15, 2012 | flag

This Man is a verry helpfull dr he is a awesome speaker and verry intelligent i give him 10 star rating.

Submitted April 8, 2010 | flag

Excellent doctor, excellent experience with addictions...Thank you.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2009 | flag

He has always been there for me, and probably is one of the reason I'm still here...

Submitted Nov. 20, 2008 | flag

Listening skills could be improved, as he tends to use a cookie-cutter approach for all patients. Also, his interpretations may be accurate regarding men's issues. Insights, however, into female patients an their specific issues seem assumption-based. The assumption being no person (especially women) with addictions can possibly possess self-awareness or tell the truth.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2008 | flag