Dr. Gary W. Devane

Orlando, Florida Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Reproductive Endocrinologist
Website: ivforlando.com/html... External Link
Practice: Gary W. DeVane, M.D.
Hospital: Orlando Regional Medical Center
Phone:407-740-0909
Med. School:
Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 24 reviews. Dr. Gary W. Devane has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Reproductive Endocrinologist-related: infertility, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, in vitro fertilization, fertilisation
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5550262
09/06/14 5 5 5 5 I went to Dr. DeVane after a failed IVF from another fertility doctor. Dr. DeVane was soo knowledgeable and very honest. I was informed that my first IVF failed and that my estrogen levels were very low as well as the embryos did not make it to full blastocyst. My prior doctor however did know this and still moved forward with the first IVF; which cost me $15,000. I am now very happy with Dr. DeVane and have opted to go with the donor program due to low count of eggs. I start my treatments the end of this month and sooo looking forward to this new journey with an awesome physician with honesty and integrity at our side. I highly recommend anyone with Fertility issues to please go with this doctor at the Center of Reproductive Medicine. Thank you, Dr. DeVane for your honesty.
Paid (or co-pay): $16500
RID: 3609596
19/11/13 5 5 4 5 Wow. Dr. Devane is extremely kind, courteous, respectful, knowledgeable, and amazing at what he does. He is patient and up front about problems and solutions. He worked with my boyfriend and I for 18 months as we tried 4 IUIs and 2 IVFs. Finally, it worked. We are 7 weeks pregnant and would recommend ANY doctor in that office. We have seen them all, and they are all AMAZING!!!!
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Gary" to "Gary W."
RID: 2159611
24/05/12 1 1 1 5 Dr. Devane is very nice, helpful and knowledgeable. The nurses are nice, but you can NEVER get them on the phone. Do not come here if you will want to call to ask questions. It will frustrate you to no end. You will spend more time speaking to a voice mail, then to a live person. The admin staff are rude, always have an attitude, make you feel like you are bothering them every time you ask a question or need something. You will spend a lot of money and maybe have great results, but you will not get great service from the admin staff.  Respond
RID: 2016810
13/04/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. DeVane is charming and trustworthy. Reminds me of a grandfather. But very knowledgeble and up to date on modern medical advancements.
RID: 1746498
15/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. DeVane got me pregnant in 3 months!! I didn't even have to do IUI or IVF
RID: 1710683
10/02/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. DeVane and his staff are wonderful. I have felt very taken care of and comfortable throughout my time with them. Dr. DeVanes nurses, Cathy and Tenay, are also wonderful! I have only good things to say and we are now expecting in October and can thank Dr. DeVane and his practice!
RID: 1703169
02/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. DeVane and his staff are awesome! They are very helpful and caring. Everyone in the office will take time with you and explain anything that you have questions on. Couldn't ask for a better doctor or staff! Don't have anything bad to say about them. Just keep in mind the first few months you are usually running test. So it will take a little bit of time. I started then in June of 2010 and we are expecting in Sept 2012!
RID: 1701294
31/01/12 5 5 5 5 All fo the staff in this office are so knowladgeable, helpful and friendly! Dr. DeVane is such an amazing doctor and knows so much about the issues that women face when having a difficult time to get pregnant. I had been to 2 other doctors before I found him and with 2 cycles, I was pregnant!!! I am so thankful for this office!
RID: 1643612
25/11/11 5 4 5 5 DR.Devane was unbelieveably helpful from the start. He explained every procedure in appropriate detail and made feel so comfortable and well taken care of. His knowledge and confidence made me feel like i was at the right place and in the right hands.
RID: 1547361
26/09/11 1 3 2 4 Tenay the nurse is useless. She cannot answer questions. She wasted my precious time by delaying my treatments. It's been several months and I'm going nowhere with her. Every time you call you speak to her only and she knows nothing.  Respond
RID: 1192046
17/06/10 1 2 2 2 Dr. Devanes office staff is unorganized and he wasted many precious months of my husbands and my time! I have been trying to get into that office for 4 months to get a procedure and the surgical nurse doesn't return calls allowing me to miss important windows..He wasn't patient and doesn't do one on one consults! not happy at all! they dont care about you at all
RID: 992554
21/09/09 5 3 5 5 He took time to thoroughly explain my diagnosis and plan of treatment. I was also given the opportunity to ask as many questions I have and make a payment agreement that I can afford due to not having insurance
Paid (or co-pay): $300
RID: 976965
31/08/09 3 4 5 5 Dr. Devane knows his stuff. I would recommend him over and over again. I have a beautiful baby boy to show for it. I love his IVF nurse, Cathy, she is wonderful. I've probably seen every nurse there - some are better than others. The surgical nurses were all great. The office staff is okay. I never had a problem getting an appointment, an believe me, there were a lot of them.  Respond
RID: 967190
19/08/09 4 4 5 5 WONDERFUL Doctor. He helped me where others had not. Kind, but most importantly profoundly smart, careful and honest. I thank him for everything he has done for my family. One would be lucky to be his patient.
RID: 921375
24/06/09 5 4 5 5 my wife and i have been with his office for over 8 years now, his patience and the fact that he is willing to try any means necessary to ge the job done, has finally allowed my family to welcome in a new addition. We have tried IVF and other methods, but this time with his recommendations, have conceived. There isn't enough thank yous i can put out there for this man and his staff.
RID: 665870
15/08/08 5 5 5 5 Dr Devane is knowledgable and caring. More than anything, though, he listens and responds very thoughtfully to my concerns. Great doctor!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 635564
10/07/08 4 4 5 5 I've been a patient of Dr. Devane's for numerous IVFs over six years, and I've found him to be extremely knowledgable, patient, compassionate and candid, and he's an amazing listener. He's spent so many hours answering our hundreds of questions, and he's always been open-minded when we've suggested ideas outside of the box. It's important to remember that his practice is extremely successful (i.e. busy), so it may seem at times that he's rushed, but he will always take the time to answer your questions and address your concerns. His staff is also very knowledgable, prompt in responding to phone messages, and extremely professional. We credit them for our beautiful daughter, and we continue to see them in our effort to have another child.  Respond
RID: 543280
20/03/08 4 4 4 5 I put all my trust in to this doctor to help my husband and I have a baby. He was wonderful! Fertility is alot to go through but he had high hopes at every visit. I am now pregnant with my second baby.
RID: 513708
14/02/08 1 5 1 1 I have been going to this doctor for a year, and was only able to talk to him about my problem once (during the first consultation). He will not communicate with patients. His nurse (Cindy)is even worse. She does not have the basic knowledge of infertility and when I asked her questions, she always said:"I don't know, I am not sure". They tried to make me come to the office for every prescription refills. It is all about money for them. I wanted to discuss with him about the procedure he was going to perform on me, and was told I have to set up a consultation and it costs $500. Getting any info from them is like trying to get top secrets - they always tried to make me come in. My problem was not treated, and they did not care at all - they will always have new patients come in so they can make money on. Try Dr. Riggall if you are seeking help.
RID: 371040
21/07/07 3 5 4 5 Dr Devane is wonderful..He tells you have it is no bulls**ting around..  Respond
RID: 56594
16/11/06 5 5 5 The people above are bitter and uneducated. Dr. Devane is a patient man who does not force unnecessary procedures on his patients. He works with his patients and determines, through excellent communication, the right course of action.His understanding of my wife's issues led to birth of our beutiful baby girls without unnecessary IVF.
RID: 30933
25/05/06 2 1 1 While undergoing a very expensive IVF treatment, Dr. Devane determined that I was ready to receive the embryos. I had a bad feeling and went back later that same day to be checked again and they determined I was not ready. In the meantime, they had defrosted the eggs resulting in a monthlong process being wasted and a very emotional experience became unbearable. Fortunately, Dr. Loy did the right thing and did the procedure the next month for free to compensate for Dr. Devane. If you choose to use this facility, stick with Dr. Loy. He's fantastic.  Respond
RID: 12221
14/09/05 3 1 3 Dr. Devane nearly killed my wife about 10 years ago as a result of puncturing her small intestine during a laparoscopy, putting her on steroids, letting her develop peritonitis, which required her to undergo 3 exploratory surgeries to rectify the problems he caused. Bed side manner and communication with other family members was basically non existent. I would not recommend this physician to anyone. Medical bills exceeded $120,000 as a result. Received better medical advice from physicians I know who did not have privileges at the hospital where my spouse was admitted. After the experience with this physician, I realize why physicians are not trusted by the public and the plaintiffs bar is thriving.  Respond
RID: 408778
14/09/05 1 1 1 During my visit I felt that I was treated poorly.I would NEVER recommend this doctor to my family and friends.  I felt this visit was a complete waste of time and money.Overall I would rate this visit : AWFUL!  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user