Rate Dr. Scott L. Silverstein

Dr. Scott L. Silverstein's Ratings

Dr. Silverstein was highly recommended by friends and family. I saw him for severe pain in both of my feet and ankles. X-rays showed that I had advanced arthritis in both feet and ankles. He listened to my symptoms and concerns and he recommended PT near my home. He also got me a Tens unit for home use - that really helps with the pain. He is very caring and conservative about surgery. He is my bone doc and I recommend him highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2481589].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2014

Fantastic doctors in this practice. We have been in the care of Dr. Grosso and Dr. Pervaiz too. I am sad to be searching for another orthopedic practice. Their staff is incompetent. I have been left on hold more than 20 minutes, and disconnected many times. They consistently bill us for the entire amount without submitting to our insurance. I call and ask them to submit, and we never see a correct bill until they threaten to send us to collection. I called and asked to pay off any remaining debts so I could submit to flexible spending and the billing personnel did not know how to process my credit card. I went to the office for my lunch hour and they left me sitting there for the entire time waiting for someone who never appeared. The person working the desk also did not know how to process my credit card. I finally paid the collections dept what they said was everything we owed, and two days ago we received another bill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][892517].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Dr. Silverstein fixed my rotator cuff after I dislocated my shoulder and I could not be more pleased. He is caring and did a great job. His secretary, Erika, is very nice and was very helpful throughout the process. I could not have picked a better doctor! The new Eldersburg office is beautiful too by the way!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][892515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2012

Totally unprofessional staff. Silverstein could not be present at scheduled appointment and staff hadn't bothered to collect a telephone number to call to inform me of cancellation. I took off work $ and showed up on time with my films to be told he wasn't there. They blamed outsourcing of office staff. Incredible!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][892514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

Dr. Scott Silverstein took care of me in 2007 when I broke both bones in my left leg and he was wonderful. I have a rod in my leg and HE DID NOT LEAVE ANY SCARS, NONE. If you were to see me today you would never know that I had surgery. He was the Doctor on call at Northwest Hospital in Randallstown, MD and I was scared. My family is in Chicago, IL so I was alone when he did the surgery. I asked he would call my Mother after the surgery and HE DID!! I can never say enough good things about Dr. Silverstein. He is my Hero and because of him I can wear my heels (not all the time) and as I said before I have no scars. His bedside manner was wonderful and he was sincere. My only wish was that I live closer to his offices but I now live in Washington DC. THANK YOU DR. SCOTT SILVERSTEIN!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][892513].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2011

Dr. Silverstein was fabulous and got me through a very trying time in my life (car accident with broken limb). He did a wonderful surgery on me and got me back to functioning. He is very funny and lighthearted w/a great bedside manner. I looked forward to my appointments. Just try not to be the late afternoon appointment for surgery or Kernan will rush you out of the recovery room. Office is great and staff are extremely competent. His surgery scheduler was the best experience I have had working with a practice and a hospital. Would highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][892512].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2011

Dr. Silverstein treated me like a human rather than a number like most doctors do these days. He is definitely caring and skilled and I trust him thoroughly. I recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][892511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2010

Dr. Silverstein came highly recommended by friends. He treated my hip problem with some PT and ultimately I had hip replacement. He is a good listener and did not jump to surgery right away. His follow up in the hopital and after was thorough and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][892510].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

Dr. Silverstein came highly recommended by my primary care physician. Outpatient surgery for an ankle dislocation and fibula fracture went smoothly. Anesthesia at Kernan offered more options than I expected, and I was able to use a nerve block rather than undergo general. My PT commented on how nice the incision looked and how short it was compared to some she has seen. (for the same surgery) Dr. Silverstein's office is nice, clean and reception area staff are helpful. My only complaint is that the tech who cast my leg did not offer to wash the limb first - I had to ask. My son had casts done at Sinai hospital - and every time they cast him they cleaned the area first. I wondered about it as I saw the room had wash for this purpose, as did Dr. Silverstein's office. All in all, I am thuf far pleased with my overall experience. As far as competency goes, asking around revealed that Dr. Silverstein is well liked, and respected as a surgeon. That is what really matters after all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][892509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Dr. Silverstein came highly recommended from my primary care doctor for my rotator cuff tear. My surgery went great and the nerve block he recommended was fantastic(didnt hurt for an entire day). He is funny, caring and a darn good surgeon too....shoulder feels great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][892508].votes_count ]]