Rate Dr. Drew Tortoriello

Dr. Drew Tortoriello's Ratings

The doctor is good but working through an indifferent and unresponsive support staff is a nightmare.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2524507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

We switched to SIRM from a bigger clinic and couldn't be happier. The clinic is small which means you see your doctor every time, can email the nurse, doctor, or front desk throughout your cycle, and have more of a personal and professional experience. Everything exceeded our expectations and we really enjoyed the staff at SIRM.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2431809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

Dr. T has an incredible bedside manner that is coupled with an extensive knowledge base. IVF is a stressful process but somehow Dr. T made me feel relaxed. He also made me feel hopeful again after trying IVF at another clinic for years with no success. The end result after IVF with Dr. T is beautiful boy/girl twins! I truly feel that if I had found Dr. T and his supportive staff sooner I would have been spared lots of heartbreaking disappointment. Run, don't walk to SIRM NY!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2431808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

I never imagined that I would suffer from infertility. I didn't even know what it was or that it was even possible until it happened to me. I went to two other RE doctors on Long Island and knew that I had a small chance of success even with assisted technology. I was devastated and didn't know how to handle the pain that I was going through. I was given information on a support group where I finally found others that were like me. Other women in the support group had success with Dr. T so I decided to make an appointment. It was the best thing that I ever did!! He gave us the personal attention that I was looking for in a doctor and one year later - Dr. T and the staff helped to make our dreams come true! We are now the proud parents of a BEAUTIFUL baby girl! I can't thank them enough for my miracle baby!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][894163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

In one word, Dr. T is amazing. He is patient, sincere, extremely caring and has one of the best bedside manners of any doctor I've ever met. I was nervous about freezing my eggs, particularly doing so single - i.e. "alone." With Dr. T, I was at ease and never felt an ounce of concern in his hands. From the first consultation to the very end, he saw me every single appointment and was quick to respond to email follow up questions. It was very important to me to have the same doctor guiding me through the process, and he far surpassed my expectations. I'd HIGHLY recommend the boutique office setting as opposed to a large clinic. He knew exactly what doses of drugs to give to get the best results. He managed my PCOS issues with care and we had outstanding results: 13 mature eggs from one cycle. He also recommended CGH genetic testing which I did. Plus he works with insurance which is a HUGE help. Without hesitation I'd recommend him for oocyte freezing/fertility issues. He's a rare find!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][894162].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2014

We finished an IVF cycle there, it is very small and very personal service, the staff is friendly and professional. Dr.Tortoriello is extremely knowledgeable and patient. you always see your own Dr. - very different than other clinics. Highly recommended

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][894161].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2014

If you are dealing with IF schedule a consult with Dr. T. You will be happy you did. After six years of dealing with, seemingly intractable infertility I am now 4 months pregnant. The RE before him was recommending surrogacy or adoption. I had the sinking sense that he was just trying to get rid of me because I had a complicated fertility profile and he didn't want to mess up his excellent success rates. He was resisting doing an embryo transfer even though we had frozen embryos. When I went to see Dr T I immediately felt that I could trust him. His exact words 'You deserve at least one transfer if not more before going to surrogacy'. I got pregnant on my first FET with him. He is one of the most balanced, caring and intelligent doctors I have ever had. You really feel like he is plugged into your case. He remembers your info when you have an appt with him. He answers emails. This is the most responsive and caring group of medical professionals I have EVER experienced.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][894160].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2013

Dr. T and his wonderful team were there for us during our journey to complete our family. Dr. T is a very talented doctor that genuinely cares about his patients. The nurses were also very supportive and helpful. I was always seen right away and loved that Dr. T was accessible via email to answer any of my questions. The fact that they have a free egg retrieval process for cancer patients and that Dr. T is known to take on the harder cases speaks volumes about this practice. My advice, don’t pick your RE until you’ve met with Dr. T.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][894159].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2013

For my first child, I did IVF at RMA. When my husband switched jobs (and therefore insurance), I actually cried that I had to leave RMA for my second child. However, it was a blessing in disguise (this is nothing against RMA I still think they are great). A friend told me to try Dr. T. and he is probably the best doctor I have ever been to!!! He always responds by email or with a call immediately, and has amazing bedside manner. I did a lot of research on my issue, and he had such amazing advice for me. Thanks to him I am now pregnant with twins. My husband and I were shocked with how much we loved everyone at SIRM and are so grateful to everyone there for everything. Definitely go to this doctor!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][894158].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Dr. Tortoriello is a wonderful RE! Despite my awful test results (high FSH, Advanced maternal age, thrombophilia etc) as well as my husband's (low sperm count, poor morphology) Dr. T remained positive. I saw Dr. Tortoriello every visit and he performed all sonograms. IVF is a very stressful and anxiety provoking process and Dr. T was always calm and reassuring. I cannot speak highly enough for his bedside manner. Thanks to Dr. T, we now have our miracle baby boy!! We will be forever grateful to Dr. T and all the staff at Sher Institute. Please see this doctor if you are suffering with infertility.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][894157].votes_count ]]