Dr. Drew Tortoriello

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 26/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 33 reviews. Dr. Drew Tortoriello has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: How is This place for older mom?    Email me    Answer it

Reproductive Endocrinologist-related: infertility, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, in vitro fertilization, fertilisation
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5428975
27/04/14 5 5 5 5 We switched to SIRM from a bigger clinic and couldn't be happier. The clinic is small which means you see your doctor every time, can email the nurse, doctor, or front desk throughout your cycle, and have more of a personal and professional experience. Everything exceeded our expectations and we really enjoyed the staff at SIRM.
RID: 5339732
10/04/14 4 5 5 5 Dr. T has an incredible bedside manner that is coupled with an extensive knowledge base. IVF is a stressful process but somehow Dr. T made me feel relaxed. He also made me feel hopeful again after trying IVF at another clinic for years with no success. The end result after IVF with Dr. T is beautiful boy/girl twins! I truly feel that if I had found Dr. T and his supportive staff sooner I would have been spared lots of heartbreaking disappointment. Run, don't walk to SIRM NY!
RID: 5287501
20/03/14 5 5 5 5 I never imagined that I would suffer from infertility. I didn't even know what it was or that it was even possible until it happened to me. I went to two other RE doctors on Long Island and knew that I had a small chance of success even with assisted technology. I was devastated and didn't know how to handle the pain that I was going through. I was given information on a support group where I finally found others that were like me. Other women in the support group had success with Dr. T so I decided to make an appointment. It was the best thing that I ever did!! He gave us the personal attention that I was looking for in a doctor and one year later - Dr. T and the staff helped to make our dreams come true! We are now the proud parents of a BEAUTIFUL baby girl! I can't thank them enough for my miracle baby!!
RID: 5188210
17/02/14 5 5 5 5 In one word, Dr. T is amazing. He is patient, sincere, extremely caring and has one of the best bedside manners of any doctor I've ever met. I was nervous about freezing my eggs, particularly doing so single - i.e. "alone." With Dr. T, I was at ease and never felt an ounce of concern in his hands. From the first consultation to the very end, he saw me every single appointment and was quick to respond to email follow up questions. It was very important to me to have the same doctor guiding me through the process, and he far surpassed my expectations. I'd HIGHLY recommend the boutique office setting as opposed to a large clinic. He knew exactly what doses of drugs to give to get the best results. He managed my PCOS issues with care and we had outstanding results: 13 mature eggs from one cycle. He also recommended CGH genetic testing which I did. Plus he works with insurance which is a HUGE help. Without hesitation I'd recommend him for oocyte freezing/fertility issues. He's a rare find!
RID: 5183212
15/02/14 4 5 5 5 We finished an IVF cycle there, it is very small and very personal service, the staff is friendly and professional. Dr.Tortoriello is extremely knowledgeable and patient. you always see your own Dr. - very different than other clinics. Highly recommended
Paid (or co-pay): $15000
RID: 2856334
14/09/13 5 5 5 5 If you are dealing with IF schedule a consult with Dr. T. You will be happy you did. After six years of dealing with, seemingly intractable infertility I am now 4 months pregnant. The RE before him was recommending surrogacy or adoption. I had the sinking sense that he was just trying to get rid of me because I had a complicated fertility profile and he didn't want to mess up his excellent success rates. He was resisting doing an embryo transfer even though we had frozen embryos. When I went to see Dr T I immediately felt that I could trust him. His exact words 'You deserve at least one transfer if not more before going to surrogacy'. I got pregnant on my first FET with him. He is one of the most balanced, caring and intelligent doctors I have ever had. You really feel like he is plugged into your case. He remembers your info when you have an appt with him. He answers emails. This is the most responsive and caring group of medical professionals I have EVER experienced.  Respond
RID: 2697657
30/06/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. T and his wonderful team were there for us during our journey to complete our family. Dr. T is a very talented doctor that genuinely cares about his patients. The nurses were also very supportive and helpful. I was always seen right away and loved that Dr. T was accessible via email to answer any of my questions. The fact that they have a free egg retrieval process for cancer patients and that Dr. T is known to take on the harder cases speaks volumes about this practice. My advice, don’t pick your RE until you’ve met with Dr. T.
Paid (or co-pay): $5000
RID: 2684354
20/06/13 5 5 5 5 For my first child, I did IVF at RMA. When my husband switched jobs (and therefore insurance), I actually cried that I had to leave RMA for my second child. However, it was a blessing in disguise (this is nothing against RMA I still think they are great). A friend told me to try Dr. T. and he is probably the best doctor I have ever been to!!! He always responds by email or with a call immediately, and has amazing bedside manner. I did a lot of research on my issue, and he had such amazing advice for me. Thanks to him I am now pregnant with twins. My husband and I were shocked with how much we loved everyone at SIRM and are so grateful to everyone there for everything. Definitely go to this doctor!!!!!!
RID: 2526000
09/01/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tortoriello is a wonderful RE! Despite my awful test results (high FSH, Advanced maternal age, thrombophilia etc) as well as my husband's (low sperm count, poor morphology) Dr. T remained positive. I saw Dr. Tortoriello every visit and he performed all sonograms. IVF is a very stressful and anxiety provoking process and Dr. T was always calm and reassuring. I cannot speak highly enough for his bedside manner. Thanks to Dr. T, we now have our miracle baby boy!! We will be forever grateful to Dr. T and all the staff at Sher Institute. Please see this doctor if you are suffering with infertility.
RID: 2458241
26/10/12 5 5 5 5 You usually hear about doctors that have incredible skill and those with an excellent bedside manner. Dr. Tortoriello has both. Knowledgeable, skilled and expert in his field, he is also easygoing, flexible and very compassionate. Undergoing fertility treatments is very stressful for anyone, and he was so understanding and always went out of his way to put my husband and I at ease. He and his staff walked us through the treatment process and was available immediately for any questions and concerns. We had constant access to him which really reassured us throughout the period we received treatment with him, which resulted in our beautiful new baby daughter. We are very grateful to Dr. Torotoriello and, recommend him highly to any patient.
RID: 2414016
30/08/12 5 5 5 5 I can't say enough good things about Dr. T. He is compassionate, intelligent and has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've ever seen, hands down. As a PP mentioned, he REALLY cares about his patients and he's always available by phone or e-mail to answer any question you have. Thanks to him, we have a beautiful son who just celebrated his first birthday! My husband and I think the world of him. HIGHLY recommended.
RID: 2391380
02/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Tortoriello or Dr T as his patients lovingly call him, is hands down the best RE ever! There is not enough space on this page for me to write all the good things about him. Not only is he extremely knowledgable but he has excellent bed side manner and an extremely calming demeanor. He is a wonderful human being, who makes the whole journey of from infertility to family much much much easier! Please see him. It would be the best decision you would make. God bless.
RID: 2379356
19/07/12 4 5 5 5 We were already at the end of our rope emotionally/financially, especially after losing a long-awaited (10 yrs) pregnancy at 3 months. In a last ditch "give it all we have" attempt to have a baby, we consulted with Dr. Tortoriello. We liked that he made no big promises (that's all we ever heard from our former RE) and seemed extremely knowledgeable. His wisdom, sincerity and respectful mannerism were a God-send to us after so many years of "fertility hell". Under his care, we got pregnant on the first try but sadly m/c'd. But during this time the Doctors called non-stop to extend emotional support. I was floored that the Doctors were calling us (our old clinic NEVER called once after the devastating m/c). We did not give up thanks to Dr. T's encouraging words during one of those calls. Sweet success on try #2! Best day of our lives was the arrival of our beautiful baby girl who is now 7 mths! THANK YOU Dr. Totoriello and S!IRM for giving us new life!!  Respond
RID: 2259762
16/06/12 5 5 5 5 I went to this fertility Dr for egg freezing. I would wholeheartedly recommend him. He has super professional, considerate and very competent. The ultimate procedure went flawlessly. I particularly liked the way in which he directly answered my questions about probabilities of success without endless caveats and qualifications ie he will give you a straight answer to a direct question. He also managed my expectations well throughout the process. Whilst you may wait a while to get an appt, its worth the wait. I cant see how the process could have gone any smoother.
RID: 2200191
04/06/12 5 5 5 5 SIRM is a wonderful clinic and Dr Tortoriello is in a class of his own. Incredible bedside manner. He really REALLY cares about his patients and it shows. I had a great experience there and have recommended him to many friends who have said the same. I recommend him unreservedly for the best care, with the best chance of success - I did the rounds of fertility clinics in NYC before discovering SIRM so I have a good frame of reference.
RID: 1854142
05/04/12 4 5 5 5 Dr. T is the best there is hands down, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have out beautiful twins. I know a few posts stated that the staff is rude but it was never the case with me. The girls were always prompt and Dr. T always answers his emails. He even responded to emails about my mom who was not a patient. He is simply the best and you are not just a number to him, he really really cares. His calm personality always made me calm and secure in his hands.
RID: 1788493
23/03/12 5 5 5 5 Doctor Tortoriello and his staff provide exceptional care. He is always professional, explains all procedures clearly in details, he is the doctor whom you can trust. After only one IVF cycle, I got pregnant. The doctor was encouraging me and kept positive attitude through the whole process. Thank you, Doctor Tortoriello for my healthy beautiful baby!!!
RID: 1697609
26/01/12 1 4 5 5 I only met Dr T once but really did like him and have heard a lot of great things. I hate to wrote anything negative but the support staff is not so great. The first time I went there I had to wait for the receptionist to stop testing before she would even acknowledge me. She was very rude and made me feel like I was a bother to her. I know people have bad days but they have to understand we are emotional wrecks and very nervous when meeting new Drs. I also unfortunately found the nurse not much better. I hate to write a negative review based on the staff but they do make up a large part of the practice and we have to deal with them just as much as the doctors. I do have to say the Westchester staff is the complete opposite! Love them!
26/01/12 http://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/10/18/living-pcos...  Respond
26/01/12 http://www.silive.com/healthfit/index.ssf/2011/10/fe...  Respond
26/01/12 http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2011/11/09/fertil...  Respond
26/01/12 http://www.parade.com/health/2011/10/fertility-rescu...  Respond
RID: 1545808
24/09/11 5 5 5 5 After 3 failed IVF cycles with a different RE we made the switch and started seeing Dr. T. Our first cycle with him was successful and we are now pregnant with twins and have 8 more embryos frozen. We had a wonderful experience from day one, all of the staff members are very professional and we couldn't have asked for a better experience.
RID: 1523969
28/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr T and his staff are great. I would recommend this to anyone looking for optimal results. Dr. T is not only a great Dr but a caring one. We are so thankful to him for helping us concieve our twin boys.
RID: 1500620
01/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. T is the most kind and helpful doc I have ever met. I did IVF that worked on the second try at age 41 and he did every scan, every procedure. i only wish he did ob so he could deliver my baby!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1488042
15/07/11 5 5 5 5 I was shocked to see a couple of recent postings with not so postive feedback about Dr. T & his office staff. During the 9 months & 3 IVF cycles I have been under his care, I have experienced nothing but compassionate & professional care from him & everyone on his staff. I am greated by name every time I walk in the door and rarely wait more than 15 minutes for a scheduled appointment, something that I am learning is uncommon in the world of NY Drs. Dr. T has always been quick to reply to all email inquiries, and has always taken the time to answer questions & explain details about treatment in very easy to understand laymen terms. He is a compassionate Dr who truly cares about his patients.
RID: 1487926

15/07/11 1 1 1 3 I have been to other Repro Enocrinolgy and I must say this office is not personable and friendly. Dr. Tortoriello doesn't respond to your emails and he treats you like another number. His staff is not inviting for the exception of Jessica and Jacquiline. The rest are rigid! Stay away from this office if you are looking for postive results and a DR. THAT CARES.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1479523
05/07/11 3 3 4 5 I like Dr. T and I went to him because of all the excellent ratings that he gets. But I have to say his staff is not all that, for the exception of one or two people. Who are very friendly Jackie and Jessica! The rest are not warm, especially Michelle.  Respond
RID: 1460488
09/06/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. T really know what he's doing, before seeing him I was treated in LIJ for almost 1 year, but they never do anything really to solve my problem , but Dr. T gave me all kind new info on the first day. And he's very friendly. Very happy when I walked out his office.
RID: 1338064
16/01/11 4 5 5 5 I can't say enough about Dr. Tortoriello. He is smart, compassionate, and keeps up to date on the latest research. He also does each and every ultrasound himself as well as egg retrieval and transfer. I would not hesitate to see Dr. T or to go to SIRM. It is very much a boutique practice and not a cattle call like many other city practices.
RID: 991132
19/09/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tortorello was kind and smart and held my hand through IVF, which worked. Cant compare him to others as he was the only doc i saw, but I cant imagine anyone being better.  Respond
RID: 985227
11/09/09 5 5 5 5 Excellent! Both the doctor and the staff are patient, supportive, knowledgeable. Both my husband and I left extremely happy to have found this doctor and this clinic. We are only starting with a treatment, but feel in great hands. We have had a prior bad experience, and can tell that this doctor and clinic make a HUGE difference. I highly recommend it, specially for patients with difficult cases. They will offer all the emotional support needed, as well as their knowledge. Extremely happy to have found them.
RID: 962225
13/08/09 5 5 5 5 This Doctor and staff are compasionate, helpful and I could go on and on. Dr Tortoriello found the problem for us that noone ever bothered to look for before. Once corrected is all worked out perfectly.
Respond

03/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 893895
21/05/09 5 5 5 5 An exceptional doctor. Extremely compassionate. Both he and his office staff are very accessible and responsive. Could not say enough good things about him or his office.  Respond
RID: 835461
19/03/09 5 5 5 4 Excellent doctor with superb bedside manner. He is also very accessible. The staff is also wonderful at their NYC office.
RID: 815954
05/03/09 5 3 5 5 Excellent Dr. Excellent Person and that combo. makes all the difference when going through IVF! Amazing experience with him and his staff!
RID: 497732
28/01/08 5 5 5 5 I have only seen Dr. Tortoriello once, so I may not be able to give the most in detailed review. However, I was compelled to post, because I am amazed so far. He was so professional, helpful, patient, and knowledgeable. After the first appointment he gave me his card and said email me if you have any questions. I don't like to drive doctors crazy, but I had to email him twice. He answered me back the same day both times. He seems like a guy who got into medicine for the right reasons and who is truly in it for the patients and really wants to help.
Paid (or co-pay): $15