Dr. Michael Frields

Grad. Year: 1974

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Michael Frields has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: What kinds of birth control surgeries or procedures he conducts?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2675495
10/06/13 5 2 5 5 Dr Frields is amazing. To those that think he is cold- isn't that something you would want from someone who is full on looking at your lady parts? He's straight to the point and makes no effort to make you feel like he's trying too hard/being fake. He answers any questions you have and takes the time to give you the best answers. He may not initiate conversations but if you do he's very caring and to the point. Because he is a guy, I love the fact that he goes in and he's done. It's already uncomfortable having someone you barely know taking a good look at you in the most awkward position, last thing I need is someone who looks like they are enjoying what they are doing while my legs are spread. When I gave birth Dr Frields came to the hospital at 8pm.. and slept in the next room until I was ready to push at 1am.. right when the nurses would push his call button he was always in the room and ready to rock and roll within 10-20 seconds. I hope he's still around when I'm pregnant again!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2126873
10/05/12 1 1 2 4 while it's easy to schedule an appointment, it's incredibly frustrating waiting at least an hour, up to two hours, to see a nursre. then you have to wait another 10 minutes to see dr. frields. they play "move the patient from room to room" as the staff and doctor hop from patient to patient. the nurse is awful, rude and unprofessional. i had an in office procedure and she left the room and left the door open. i was not provided antisceptic or ointment or after care procedures. so afterwards i had to call and basically have the doctor confirm after care. he may have been a good doctor once but no longer. he and his staff are not open to questions, and in today's healthcare environment patients should and must be educated and lookout for their interests. if you don't mind being mistreated by staff, and don't value your time, this is the doctor's office you want to be a patient - key word is patience.  Respond
RID: 1564875
19/10/11 5 2 5 5 This is a very knowledgable and professional doctor, but best of all he is very caring. I had my second baby with him and compare to my first ob-gyn, he did continue showing care after the baby was born (especially I had both of my babies with C-Section). During the surgery the anesthesiologist was talking nonstop right on top of my head, even sometimes trying to draw doctor's attention, but he was all concentrated on his work, and was even ignoring him. In the last three years most of my cousins and friends had babies with him. He was caring with all of them. Staff is extremely nice and helpful. The problem with his office is the wait time. If you go there early in the morning you might be lucky to leave within 30-45 minuets. Based on my personal experience with doctors, I learned to ask questions if I have to, then they become more communicable, otherwise they just like to jump out of the room as soon as possible.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1514861
17/08/11 5 5 5 5 I have so much respect for dr.Frields and his amazing staff. Dr. Frields is highly exprienced a true professional. He delivered my daughter five months ago via C-section and him and his awesome team did an amazing job. I am so thankful and greatful for choosing him as my doctor. Thank YOu Dr. Frields!
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1207920
14/07/10 4 1 4 5 No matter what time you go, expect to wait at the very least 30 minutes, maybe 45. I have waited up to 2 hours before he made it into the room. I switched doctors. He is VERY knowledgeable, kind, and professional. HOWEVER, you have to wait. His office is so busy that the staff is sometimes too busy to acknowledge you. They are timely with nurse calls/refills/ask-a-nurse questions. I just can't stand the wait so I found a new doctor. He is a great doctor.
RID: 1144217
07/04/10 3 3 1 3 Dr. Frields was very cold with us. He did not initiate eye contact. He did not explain my condition. After he finished the exam, we asked a question and he just frowned and gave us that "i am in a hurry" look. No wipes or kleenex in the exam room!!!
Paid (or co-pay): $270
RID: 1118618
02/03/10 5 5 5 5 DR FRIELDS IS A VERY GOOD DOCTOR, HE IS A PROFESSIONAL MAN AND IS VERY CARING. ONE OF THE BEST OBGYN'S OUT THERE IN THE FIELD.  Respond
RID: 701355
14/10/08 5 5 5 5 dr. frields is one of the best docotrs i have ever seen. he is very caring, very kind, and knowledgable. highly recomended.
Insurance: Wellpoint
RID: 605346
02/06/08 5 2 5 5 Fantastic doctor. I'm menopausal, so my issues are different from younger women. He has totally been on my side, but very careful and conservative in his treatment--always wanting me to follow up with ultrasounds, etc. Excellent! Staff is very helpful, too. You'll have to wait in the waiting room, but it's very much worth it. Highly recommended by my colleagues, too.
RID: 143657
16/02/07 2 4 5 Dr. Frields is really good. I delivered a healhty boy on 09/29/06 with his help. He is caring. very patient, very calm and knowledgeable. I'm planning on the 2nd one and know where to go to. I agree with the previous person, bring a book, sometimes it takes quite a while to get in, he is always very busy. Highly recoomend.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 57539
21/11/06 2 5 5 Dr Frields is the BEST! He is both professional and caring. He delivered both of our girls. I never worried because I knew I was in good hands. He has been a blessing to me. The staff is awesome also.
RID: 413417
09/11/06 3 4 4 I'm seeing Dr. Frields for my first pregnancy. I've had complications, and his office has always been very good about getting me in for emergency/unexpected appointments. Dr. Frields is very pleasant and very mellow. I feel reassured after seeing him because his experience is apparent. As for appointments being on time: he's an obstetrican - sometimes he's delivering a baby so things can be delayed a bit. However, if you can get an appointment first thing in the morning, everything is usually pretty much on schedule.  Respond
RID: 31974
08/06/06 2 5 5 I started to go to Dr. Frields when I became pregnant in January. I've always had to wait quite awhile to get into my appointments but the care and time the staff and Dr. Frields have taken with me once I've gotten in makes it worth it. Bring a book to read!
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 27949
11/04/06 4 5 5 Excellent doctor. The best of the best. Very professional and caring. Excellent staff.
RID: 12163
12/09/05 4 5 5 This is an extrodinary doctor. There's not enough I can say about this man. He gets on a personal level and realy cares about you as a person. I suffered the loss of my first child at 5 months pregnant and Dr. Frields was there right by my side the whole time. He helped me through my next pregnancy taking every precaution and making sure I received every test available to ensure this pregnancy was successful. He delivered a health baby girl on 3/13/04. He's realy takes the time to talk and listen.