You may also like

Rate Dr. Herbert Fuchs

Dr. Herbert Fuchs's Ratings

Never will see this doctor again or recommend him to anyone. Me and my father drove 5 hours to see him and when he walked in the room he went right to the point. Wasn't friendly or anything. Wasn't proffesionally either. He asked for symptoms and said he couldn't help me today and needs to be seen another day. When we went to make the next appointment the lady told us the only next open spot is in four months. I have to suffer for four more months!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2743966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

He took a PRO active approach in treating my child's condition. I have absolutely nothing negative to speak about him as I do other physicians.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2691136].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

I'm a patient of Dr. Fuchs and he has performed two of my surgeries. The first when I was three and that was to untether my spinal cord, and the second when I was 12 to drain a Rathke's Cleft Cyst on my pituitary gland. Dr. Fuchs did an excellent job on both of the surgeries, he and his team were always on time, and very helpful, friendly and good at explaining things. The second surgery was on November 13, 2009 on Friday, he told us the earliest we'd be able to go home was Tuesday, we went home Sunday. Dr. Fuchs is an amazing doctor and surgeon!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

Dr Fuchs is awesome, very kind and compassionate. I went to him with a possible TC on a Thursday and he had an open for surgery on the next Tuesday. Very informative and patient with all my questions and families questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

Dr. Fuchs also saved my son's life by eliminating a need for two surgeries and placing a VP shunt. He met with us and answered all the questions we had and was the ONLY one ON TIME the morning of his surgery(our son was the first case). Met with us after and was incredibly friendly and a great neurosurgeon. We know because our son had two previous one's at different institutions. I would say Dr. Fuch's is the best!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897090].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2011

My daughter was diagnosed with Tuberous Sclerosis and it was discovered at a local outpatient hospital after she suffered from a grand mal seizure at school and was rushed to a local ER. They called Dr. Fuchs on a Friday afternoon (April 15, 2010) and he took our case immediately. She needed immediate major brain surgery (resection of two giant subependymal astrocytomas) and Dr. Fuchs willingly stayed on duty and took our case. He saved our daughter's life. The craziest thing is that while in the ambulance from the out patient facility to Duke - a friend from work e-mailed me to tell me of an incredible doctor that I should request...Dr. Fuchs. He had saved her son's life years earlier - unknown to me. Little did she know - that was who was waiting for us at Duke with his entire team. He is thoughtful, thorough, careful, certainly not pretentious - and simply a gift to medicine. There is a reason Duke is known as the best and Dr. Fuchs is one of those reasons. Awesome staff,too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2011

Dr. Fuchs repaired my sons tethered spinal cord 15 years ago. I remember how scared I was because he was so small, only 6 weeks old. Complications that he could have had were no bowel and bladder control, and no use of his legs. Today, my son plays football for his high school, wrestles, and runs track. That is what I call a success! I have read some of the reviews, and honestly, you can never make everyone happy all of the time. My step-son has Cerebral Palsy, and we are considering Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy to help with the spasticity. If we decide to go ahead with this surgery, Dr. Fuchs is the surgeon we will request.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2011

Dr. Fuchs is very knowledgeable, kind and is never in a rush. He saved my daughters life. I will recommend this doctor to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Dr. Fuchs saved my sons life when he was born with a horribe case of Spina Bifida five years ago.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2010

Dr. Fuchs is a very busy neurosurgeon who is very accomodating. He routinely rearranges his busy clinic to fit in new patients in need of emergent treatment. He is very knowledgable and supportive of his patients and spends alot of time explaining care and treatment to families.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897101].votes_count ]]