Rate Dr. Gary M. Zartman

Dr. Gary M. Zartman's Ratings

I had a total knee replacement in November. I took time choosing a Dr. and very pleased I chose Dr. Zartman. He explained that I could have a partial knee replacement but during surgery if it was deemed necessary, he would proceed with a total. I knew this before surgery so it was no surprise. My recovery period was astounding! I was walking without a cane in less than three weeks! I am now at the 7 weeks post surgery mark and feel that I can basically resume my normal activities.....pain free! Thank you, Dr. Zartman, for your expertise and your warm and encouraging personality. Highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2668314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2015

I was very happy with my total hip replacement by Dr. Zartman. He used the less invasive surgery which required only a 4 inch incision. Recovery was short with very little pain. He has an excellent staff and everyone was friendly and courteous especially Dr. Zartman. I don't think you'll find a better surgeon than him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2531477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

I was very pleased with my total hip replacement surgery performed by Dr. Zartman. He was recommended to me by friends and I was not let down. He made my experience as pleasant as possible. He listened to my concerns about the surgery and immediate recovery after in the hospital. I felt comfortable with him as he is very kind, personable, polite, knowledgeable, and understanding. In addition his staff was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. I rated "punctuality" as a 4 because the office visits were not on time. They do have a sign in the office that states your appointment could be delayed. The other not so positive was the discharge process. It appeared there was a disconnect between the hospital and Dr. Zartman. I did get discharged on the date expected, but it was delayed by approximately 6 hrs. My experience is based on me being a 48 year old hip replacement patient in decent shape and not a lot of excessive weight. Kudos to Dr. Zartman and staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2432025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

"Best Hip Doctor around", very thorough, understanding and helpful. My total hip replacement has been a great success. Will definitely use him for any other hip and knee issues I have. Great bedside manor too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897260].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2013

Doctor Zartman performed hip replacement surgery on my left hip. I found Dr Zartman to be knowledgeable, helpful and an overall great surgeon. I would recommend Dr Zartman as an excellent surgeon. I would also recommend LOG as a very good group and Dr Zartman's assistant Dody Paulsen as extremely helpful. Also, Carolyn Maginnis was an excellent assistant to the surgeon. Overall, I had a great experience and would highly recommend this surgeon. Thank you -

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

Finally broke down after 2 years of severe, debilitating pain and had hip replacement surgery. Had use Dr. Zartman for a right knee repair about 18 years ago with great success so I decided to use him again for my hip. Dr. Z and his staff were very professional and caring. Throughout the whole process and recovery period I had NO PAIN; I couldn't believe it! Things went so well that I was back at work in one month (surgery 1/2 RTW 2/4). I hadn't been able to walk 25 yards without severe pain and I am now totally pain free. This recovery may not be typical, I don't know. Dr. Z, his staff and LOG are 2 for 2 in my book. Hopefully I won't need their services again for a long time; but at least I know where I'm going if/when the time comes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897258].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2013

A very skilled and capable surgeon with a great manner of putting a person at ease. He did my left knee replacement. The right one was done by a different doc in a different hospital and there is no comparison. The healing was so much quicker, the pain much less and absolutely no bruising this time. I was seen an hour late for my appointment only once. Otherwise, office staff was very prompt and courteous and helpful. I would recommend this surgeon without hesitation. I think he is great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897257].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2013

I have had two hip surgeries in the last year and a half....was very impressed with Dr Zartman and his knowledge. I would recommend him for anyone with hip issues! He also has great staff working for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897256].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2013

Intelligent but not condescending. Friendly but not smarmy. Competent, professional and results oriented.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897255].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2013

Excellent results. Very pleased. Dr. Zartman's technique was right on and aided in my rapid recovery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][897254].votes_count ]]