Rate Dr. Tahira Jiwani

Dr. Tahira Jiwani's Ratings

Nothing but good things to say! Results reflect my rating.. 5 star. Huge increase in energy (no more falling asleep in the afternoon), aching joints gone, headaches gone, stomach problems gone.. Perhaps those that weren't happy with Dr. Jiwani didn't follow through with the recommendations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2531968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

Dr. Jiwani has been amazing. I spent nearly a year going between other doctors with a plethora of health issues (heart palpitations, anxiety attacks, lethargy, terrible acne all over my body, extreme tinea versicolor, irritable bowel, night time stomach pains, frequent nausea, debilitating menstrual periods, headaches, sinus and bronchial infections multiple times a year - ALWAYS sick with something - consequent depression, blurred vision, difficulty concentrating, insomnia, joint pain to the point that I couldn't kneel - I am only 33.).
Everyone else tried to put me on anti-anxiety medication, telling me its all in my head, there was nothing clinically wrong with me, yet my life was starting to become something of a nightmare.
After my first consultation Dr. Jiwani put me on a gentle natural detox using nothing more than water. I opted to take the allergy test, and I wasn't allergic to everything (like some of the highly suspicious claims below) but we did identify a couple of very significant allergies that were taxing my immune system. Dr. Jiwani put me on a back to basics allergen free diet and my symptoms started to go away. Within 2 months I had effectively no more symptoms. Everyone around me was catching colds and stomach flues and I remained healthy. I also incidentally dropped 3 dress sizes - which was a bonus. I have energy, I can exercise, I feel good about myself, and I feel in control of my body and health.
I learned from Dr. Jiwani that immune function (and this is not disputable) is at the core of our health and well being. Dr. Jiwani helped me restore my body's balance and immune function. And she did it while supporting my breastfeeding goals. I know my daughter benefits as well, because the quality of my milk has increased, she is more resilient to getting sick, and she has a happier and healthier mom taking care of her :)
The staff is friendly, and I've never had to wait more than 5 mins. She responds to patient inquiries via email without additional charge.
As a last note, in the long term Dr. Jiwani is significantly less expensive than any other naturopathic doctor in Vancouver - blood test, supplements and all - and by the way she doesn't force either on you. In fact, I couldn't afford to see a different naturopath even if I wanted to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513306].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

She is a scam! I have the exact story as many others on here. Whatever symptoms tot have she chalks up to allergies. Makes you pay for the test. Says you're allergic to everything and tries to sell you hundreds of dollars of pills. I went to a real dietician and showed her the test. She was furious and said the levels tested have no link to food allergies in the body. No one actually knows what the levels are used for in the body. Complete fake! Don't trust her. Such a waste of time and money. I feel very silly that i have been taken advantage of. Unfortunately I find it hard to trust naturopath s now as I had been warned prior to my experience. Use a dietician with actual credations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

I am a former patient of Dr. Jiwani. I sent her the following email on November 24, 2013 and am still waiting for a response: "My husband went to visit his mother in West Virginia and found out she is not responding to her cancer treatments. She is 72 years old and very weak. If she can travel here would you be willing to see her as a patient? I need to know ASAP. " I find it disturbing that a doctor can have so little compassion. This seems to be the same issue that has been brought up by other people who posted reviews.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][898048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2013

This doctor believes that food allergies are the root of all evil. When I went on the strict diet that she gave I found myself feeling very sick, and anxious. I didn't stay on her diet for long because I believe that when you are allergic to everything then that reflects a faulty system in the body. I went to a homeopathic doctor who helped me a lot, I was able to eat again, felt calmer and more balanced.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][898047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2013

After waiting almost an hour and watching someone go ahead of me....This doctor did not even listen to my concerns.... She laughed at me when I told her my increasing abdominal fat was bothering me.... Huge waste of a morning... I will never go back!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][898046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr Jiwani is knowlegeable and pleasant, the only thing is that I am upset because it's supposed to be "free first consultation" and then you're charged $400 for the blood work (whereas most other naturopaths charge 200-300)plus supplements and I expected to get an individualized plan, whereas they have a standard procedure with everyone seeing for the first time (drinking 3 l of water per day, no caffeine) that are not bad in themselves.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][898038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2013

I am disappointed. Blood work $400, plus supplements $200 plus. Free first visit. I did follow the supplements and increased water intake, stopped caffeine and alcohol for 6 weeks while waiting blood results. Results were shocking. Basically told I was allergic to everything, diagnosis was an exclusive diet of limited foods and supplements. I asked if the blood work was showing ture allegens or just intolerances. Told allergen. Dr Jiwani wanted to sell me another $400 of supplements for each month! I contacted the blood lab that did the work, and got the real results of the blood test. The majority of what I was told were allergen sources were actually "NO REACTION" or " VERY LOW REACTION". I feel I have been lied to. Expensive lesson.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][898037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2013

Dr. Jiwani changed my life! I lost my excess weight (45lbs) & feel incredible now, after two costly failed attempts with other naturopaths. She is efficient, concise, offers easy explanations, showing her confidence & experience. Amazing info & pics on website. Initial visit was free, as my colleague (a patient) referred me. Follow-up visits were $1/min (she doesn’t have fixed billing) so $20 for 20 min visit. Dr. Jiwani’s supplements are impressive, as she researches, formulates, and works herself towards licensing her products with Health Canada. Her Multi is USP (US Pharmacopeia standards) but equivalent to Costco prices. With my Doctorate, I researched myself & found they are the only ones that have this standard, and standardized extracts of active ingredients of herbs in researched amounts. All the products state they are tested by a third party lab, independent of manufacturer testing. Invest in yourself. Heal yourself. Failure=Lack Effort!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][898036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2012

First visit no charge is misleading. Supplements $250 + 400 for allergy test.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][898045].votes_count ]]