Rate Dr. Tahira Jiwani

Dr. Tahira Jiwani's Ratings

This doctor gives the same meal plan to everyone and tells everyone they are allergic to everything. Same tx to every person ? Seems ridiculous. All about the money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2646944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

I started visiting Dr. Jawani when I when I had enough of GP's and their multiple medications that gave me various side effects. Dr. Jawani helped me through this time and to stay off them.
She then started to help me understand how to better take care of myself with eating right and to understand natural options open to me. Dr. Jawani was the one who figured out one of my problems, had me tested and has put me on a corrective course. I now am feeling much better each day. I am continually learning about new ways to better my health as I get older and rely on my choices to stay healthy.
If you are serious about better health I would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2641758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

Dr Jiwani thinks that all diseases are rooted in allergies. She has a standardized method of treatment for all the patients. I was following her diet for a few months and didn't feel better. Then I returned to my normal diet and no changes. Complete waste of money with all those supplements. They might be good to an extent as a boost of your immune system but not worth the money compared to the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2641531].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

Nothing but good things to say! Results reflect my rating.. 5 star. Huge increase in energy (no more falling asleep in the afternoon), aching joints gone, headaches gone, stomach problems gone.. Perhaps those that weren't happy with Dr. Jiwani didn't follow through with the recommendations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2531968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

Dr. Jiwani has been amazing. I spent nearly a year going between other doctors with a plethora of health issues (heart palpitations, anxiety attacks, lethargy, terrible acne all over my body, extreme tinea versicolor, irritable bowel, night time stomach pains, frequent nausea, debilitating menstrual periods, headaches, sinus and bronchial infections multiple times a year - ALWAYS sick with something - consequent depression, blurred vision, difficulty concentrating, insomnia, joint pain to the point that I couldn't kneel - I am only 33.).
Everyone else tried to put me on anti-anxiety medication, telling me its all in my head, there was nothing clinically wrong with me, yet my life was starting to become something of a nightmare.
After my first consultation Dr. Jiwani put me on a gentle natural detox using nothing more than water. I opted to take the allergy test, and I wasn't allergic to everything (like some of the highly suspicious claims below) but we did identify a couple of very significant allergies that were taxing my immune system. Dr. Jiwani put me on a back to basics allergen free diet and my symptoms started to go away. Within 2 months I had effectively no more symptoms. Everyone around me was catching colds and stomach flues and I remained healthy. I also incidentally dropped 3 dress sizes - which was a bonus. I have energy, I can exercise, I feel good about myself, and I feel in control of my body and health.
I learned from Dr. Jiwani that immune function (and this is not disputable) is at the core of our health and well being. Dr. Jiwani helped me restore my body's balance and immune function. And she did it while supporting my breastfeeding goals. I know my daughter benefits as well, because the quality of my milk has increased, she is more resilient to getting sick, and she has a happier and healthier mom taking care of her :)
The staff is friendly, and I've never had to wait more than 5 mins. She responds to patient inquiries via email without additional charge.
As a last note, in the long term Dr. Jiwani is significantly less expensive than any other naturopathic doctor in Vancouver - blood test, supplements and all - and by the way she doesn't force either on you. In fact, I couldn't afford to see a different naturopath even if I wanted to.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2513306].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

She is a scam! I have the exact story as many others on here. Whatever symptoms tot have she chalks up to allergies. Makes you pay for the test. Says you're allergic to everything and tries to sell you hundreds of dollars of pills. I went to a real dietician and showed her the test. She was furious and said the levels tested have no link to food allergies in the body. No one actually knows what the levels are used for in the body. Complete fake! Don't trust her. Such a waste of time and money. I feel very silly that i have been taken advantage of. Unfortunately I find it hard to trust naturopath s now as I had been warned prior to my experience. Use a dietician with actual credations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

I am a former patient of Dr. Jiwani. I sent her the following email on November 24, 2013 and am still waiting for a response: "My husband went to visit his mother in West Virginia and found out she is not responding to her cancer treatments. She is 72 years old and very weak. If she can travel here would you be willing to see her as a patient? I need to know ASAP. " I find it disturbing that a doctor can have so little compassion. This seems to be the same issue that has been brought up by other people who posted reviews.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][898048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2013

This doctor believes that food allergies are the root of all evil. When I went on the strict diet that she gave I found myself feeling very sick, and anxious. I didn't stay on her diet for long because I believe that when you are allergic to everything then that reflects a faulty system in the body. I went to a homeopathic doctor who helped me a lot, I was able to eat again, felt calmer and more balanced.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][898047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2013

After waiting almost an hour and watching someone go ahead of me....This doctor did not even listen to my concerns.... She laughed at me when I told her my increasing abdominal fat was bothering me.... Huge waste of a morning... I will never go back!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][898046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr Jiwani is knowlegeable and pleasant, the only thing is that I am upset because it's supposed to be "free first consultation" and then you're charged $400 for the blood work (whereas most other naturopaths charge 200-300)plus supplements and I expected to get an individualized plan, whereas they have a standard procedure with everyone seeing for the first time (drinking 3 l of water per day, no caffeine) that are not bad in themselves.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][898038].votes_count ]]