Rate Dr. Rhonda Janzen

Dr. Rhonda Janzen's Ratings

Dr. Janzen performed a hernia repair for me in June 2010 it went very well. I felt trust and highly recommended her. On Sept. 25,2011 I again ended up with an obstructed bowel due to a hole in my abdomen wall which I had thought was repaired in my last surgery. I was in Surrey Hospital for 3 days very ill & in pain. I called Dr. Jantzen's office & her Nurse told me to see the surgeon on call. The surgeon didn't even show up for 3 days. I was released on Sept. 30 and went to Dr. Jantzen's office & made an appt. for Oct. 6. When I showed up at the appointment, Dr. jantzen said that she hadn't read the CAT scan and would call me. Over the next two weeks, I becames sicker and sicker. I called her office a total of 5 times and left messages. Then on Oct. 21 I left a message that I was heading to Delta Hospital and asked if she could follow up with me there. I was in Delta Hospital for 5 days. I again require a hernia repair and to this day, Dr. Janzen hasn't even returned my call.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][899723].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2011

I just had surgery with Doctor Janzen and she was very approachable and helpful. I had a little bit of problem with the anaesthetist and had to call the office a couple of times. I was on the phone with the receptionist for 5 to 10 minutes dealing with this problem and she was more than patient and helpful with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][899722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2011

I felt nothing but confidence in Dr. Janzen. Her manner was clear, friendly and immediate. I was confident my case was handled with the same urgency I felt. Also, Linda, the MOA was extremely efficient in arranging all of my appointments so that no time was wasted. I would like to thank both for their complete professionalism.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][899721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

Dr. is great. Very patient and knowlegeable. The MOA is another story. She is just plain rude and doesn`t have a clue. I think she is way to old to be doing that kind of job to begin with. I asked her where the bathroom was and she pretty near had a fit. Screamed it was down the hall, and look for the sign!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][899720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2011

The Doctor HAS to get rid of her receptionist. She is the rudest person I have met working in a medical enviornment. The Docter herself appeared kind and understanding.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][899719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2011

Dr. Janzen was great and put me at ease each time I saw her. She explained all the options and did not pressure me into surgery, but managed to gently convince me that it would be the safest bet in my case. Appointments were always punctual and quick without feeling like you were being rushed out of the room.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][899718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2011

I am now into my third surgery with Dr. Janzen and she is just a wonderful doctor. When ever I had a question she alway answered it and was straight forward with me. As for her recepitonist I see a lot of negative feedback on her and I have to tell you I was just recently in Hawaii and I had a emergency situation with my incision site. I called the office and Linda was very helpful. That day Dr. Janzen was in surgery and she did everything in her power to help me out. She took all my information down relayed it to Dr. Janzen and I did receive a call back from her with all the instructions from Dr. Janzen. This saved me from going to the emergency and spending a exorbitant amount of money. My next surgery is coming up and Linda was very friendly and wished me well. All I can say if you think she is a bad person, try smiling to her and maybe she will smile back and not think of the depressing place she is working. You know smiling can be infectious :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][899717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2010

I had hernia surgery in November, I found Dr. Janzen to be an amazing doctor. She explains everything and makes you feel very comfortable about the procedure. I do however ever feel after just getting off the phone with her receptionist to book my follow up appt. find her extremely rude and not a pleasure to deal with whatsoever. It is very unfortunate that such a great doctor has someone so rude at the frontlines of her business. I would highly recommend Dr. Janzen as a surgeon!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][899716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2010

I had my surgery done in Oct of this year Dr. Janzen was a pleasure to deal with but the only reason I am even commenting on this site is to vent about that HORRIBLE receptionist, she was rude, unhelpful and very quick to get you off the phone, she actually hung up on my wife twice. This lady who's name I believe is Linda should not be working as a receptionist, if you are going through a difficult time in life ie. surgery that last thing you need to deal with is what I was put through by this lady! GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE AND FIND YOURSELF A NEW JOB AS YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE NOT HAPPY NOR ANY GOOD AT THE ONE YOU HAVE NOW!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][899715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2010

Dr Janzen is the best Dr I could have asked for made me feel much better about my situation.She is so busy but did not make me feel rushed at all. As far as her receptionist she can come across rude but she is so busy as well and when you get a chance to get to know her she is quite nice

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][899714].votes_count ]]