Rate Dr. Marguerite P. Barnett

Dr. Marguerite P. Barnett's Ratings

I had a horrific experience with Dr. Barnett and she refuses to even acknowledge it was her fault despite several doctors and surgeons that agree. She claimed that she knew exactly how to remove my breast implants via the transaxillary approach and that I should be fine to be awake during the procedure as it would take approximately 15 minutes or so. Instead, she prematurely deflated the implant sacs to where she couldn't even find them and dug roughly around in my armpits and chest for TWO HOURS as I laid there trying not to cry from the pain. Due to her abusive tugging, I had softball size swelling in my armpits and a large hematoma on my chest that had to be monitored by doctors for several months. Her excuse for draining the sacs before she actually clasped them and could pull them out was, "I didn't want us to get wet." What??? Let's see, get wet or be in pain with immense swelling and a hematoma for months...hmm. I highly suggest you do your homework on the qualifications your surgeon has on your specific procedure. Dr. Barnett might be great at many things, but removing implants via the armpit is not one of them. The removal of my implants should have been a simple recovery yet it was MUCH worse than when I had my implants put in. (Crazy!) I would never return to that office.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2725984].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

I had a horrible outcome with Dr.Barnett in 2014 I went in for a simple Breast Reduction & my outcome horrible I'm suffering all type of issues one breast is bigger than the other etc......she gets hand downs please don't consider in any type of surgery from her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2712100].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

5 stars from this happy woman, I cant recommend her enough on all levels.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2674714].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2015

3 topnotch surgeries with Dr Barnett, a facelift, a breast reduction and a tummy tuck She is an outstanding reliable gifted surgeon! I give her a 10!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2522175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

Overall I am very disappointed with my experience under Dr. Barnett's care. She is a very lovely lady with a friendly staff but in my particular case she proved to lack the knowledge necessary for me to have a good experience. I received an ex-plant via the axillary (arm pit) approach and while she did state she normally does this procedure under the nipple, she said she could do the procedure just fine as long as I could handle a little extra tugging. A 'little' turned into me feeling absolutely butchered and bruised/swelling beyond belief for what should have been a simple procedure. I have seen several pictures of other women who have had great results via this approach so there was no excuse for this abuse other than Dr. Barnett not knowing what she was doing and not admitting it to me so that I could find a more suitable surgeon. She hardly gave me any post-op instructions so I have had to do my own research. I was shocked as she has great credentials and I felt safe with her :(

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][900647].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I am 60 & 5 wks ago had a face & neck lift, fat grafting & partial facial peel. My skin is smooth my ghouls are gone, my neck is tight & I look 10-15 yrs younger. Dr. Barnett is very prompt. She spent at least 1 hr w/me the day before explaining & answering any questions I had. Post-op recovery: I was home by noon, bandaged w/a drain. I took the prescribed pain relievers the first 24 hrs & Tylenol thereafter. Stitches out in 3 days. I went to lunch & a walk that day. I live in the northeast so had allowed 10 days from surgery before flying home, which I did comfortably. By 7 days I was dining out & dancing a bit. LouAnn, Dr. Barnett's Esthetician met w/me the day before surgery, explained what to expect,analyzed my skin,did an hour facial making recommendations for long-term skin care. This was included as part of the surgery and follow-up w/ an add'l facial @ 10 days & @ 1 mo. If you are thinking about this type of procedure put Dr. Barnett on your list for a consult.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2432239].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

On time every time I was in. Staff is so helpful and friendly, lots of knowledge.Dr. Barnett is the best plastic surgeon.Listens and advises with a lot of common sense. Down to earth person.Result is great and I could not ask for a better surgeon. Thank you all so much

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2432238].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

It has been one week since my breast reduction, performs by Dr. Barnett. She is highly skilled and educated, the least we expect from a doctor, but the more important qualities are her compassion and understanding, her ability to reassure and her staff. She reviewed every aspect of the surgery, what was required of me before. My breasts were very large and caused me tremendous pain. I'm pleased to say that after a week, I have reduced pain and sleeplessness. I feel better than I have in years. There is no magic involved. You, as the patient, have to do your part. REFRAINING FROM SMOKING NICOTINE IS CRITICAL as it inhibits tissue growth and can actually kill your healing tissue. I am a retired rehabilitation therapist with 25+ years in the field. I am most happy and supported by her wonderful staff. Please feel free to contact me with any questions about my experience with Dr. Barnett. Sue Davis fbsuzi@aol.com

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2432237].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Barnett. Dr. Barnett is a compassionate, highly professional Plastic Surgeon and a wonderful human being. She takes time to explain each procedure in detail and follows up to make sure each patient is completely satisfied with the results. Dr. Barnett's staff is also extremely professional and compassionate; and they go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. In fact, to me, the staff feels more like friends and family. Because of my positive experience, I plan to have Dr. Barnett perform additional procedures in the future.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][900662].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

My experience with Dr. Barnett was excellent on all levels. I was very apprehensive initially and she immediately put me at ease, didn't rush me and answered all my questions so that I knew exactly what to expect. She was professional, competent and communicated very well. The follow-up visits, of which I had several, were just as impressive. I would definitely recommend her to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][900661].votes_count ]]