Dr. Brian C. Gray

Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Brian C. Gray has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

23/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "FULLERTON" to "Yorba Linda"
RID: 2706389
11/07/13 5 5 5 5 I think Dr Gray and his staff are great never had any problems . His niece has been with him I think she is a great person and really caring
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2419198
07/09/12 5 4 5 5 I like Rene! She's totally a down-to-business lady, but I like that about her. No messing around, let's get the job done. I think women who don't like her are probably expecting a nurse to fawn over them. It seems like half the women in the waiting room are down-to-earth, and the other half are stereotypical OC, waiting to be told how cute they look pregnant. Dr. Gray himself ... awesome. Even super friendly when wives and husbands bring their three plus children and cram them all into the exam room. (I've never understood that one. If dad is there, he can certainly take the loud children outside while mom gets the measuring tape taken to her belly.)
RID: 2272659
19/06/12 1 2 5 5 His nurse Renee is SOOO rude i hate her. I dont know why such a great doctor doesnt fire such a pain!
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Brian" to "Brian C."
RID: 1513150
15/08/11 1 1 3 3 This review is strictly for his staff, as I never got to see the doctor. As directed when I made the appointment, I showed up 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork. After finishing my paperwork, I proceeded to sit for another 45 minutes and watch every single person who came in after me get called in. At one point I heard the nurse say that I was already in a room and the front desk girl told her that I was still waiting. They both chuckled and made a joke about it being "Monday". 15 minutes later I was STILL WAITING. When I finally asked if I could re-schedule, the girl told me that I would have to wait until she was done processing the insurance papers for the girl who had just walked in. I finally just walked out. I was really disappointed in how unfriendly the Dr. Gray's staff was. I've heard great things about him but I would rather see another doctor than deal with staff like that.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1414122
12/04/11 1 3 5 5 NURSE RENE IS RUDE!! COULD NEVER FIGURE OUT IF SHE WAS IN A GOOD MOOD OR BAD MOOD. YOU CAN REALLY TELL SHE LOVES HER JOB! DR GRAY IS AWESOME
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1408005
06/04/11 1 2 4 3 I did not enjoy dealing with the staff at this office. I felt like I was just another name at this practice, and did not feel the genuine care I was looking for. If you're not particularly looking for a personalized and warm experience, you will probably be fine seeing any doctor at this practice. Dr. Gray in particular is a easy-going doctor; however, I never felt he treated my pregnancy with the genuine and individualized care I was looking for. All the consulations were always done in a very generic and routine way.  Respond
RID: 1334075
12/01/11 5 3 5 5 Dr Gray Rocks. If you have to wait for him, that is because he takes his time with everybody. I would highly recommend him.
RID: 1307382
04/12/10 3 2 3 4 I was recommended to see Dr. Gray. Initially, you will love him as he comes across as this really cool, down-to-earth doctor. His suggestions makes you feel you can trust him and be comfortable about following his advice. However, as time went by, I realized that the way he see patients are not as personable as it looks. How should I say this, I mean he is really nice in the office, but once you step out of the office, he probably won't even talk to you. It's as if he were two different persons. I was a bit disapointed at that. I probably wouldn't recommend his practice as they have like 5 doctors in it. I feel the way they see patients is more like a business as you can't even be assured that your own doctor will deliver you. Not a horrible experience, but probably would consider a single doctor practice if I get pregnant again.  Respond
RID: 1163434
05/05/10 2 4 2 2 I was very disappointed by my experiences at Dr. Gray's office. I was shocked and saddened when his nurse was rude and sour. She refused to let me ask questions by cutting me off mid-sentence. Dr. Gray was okay, but not great. He didn't validate my concerns and seemed less experienced than I thought he would be. I'd only been going to the office for two weeks and they already had information wrong on my chart and were confused about the tests I'd had and the tests I still needed. At one point, both Dr. Gray and the nurse discussed one of my test results outside of the exam room in front of other patients and office staff, which I felt was unprofessional and embarrassing. When I needed to discuss something important over the phone with Dr. Gray, I was never given access to him personally and had to go through his nurse. Again, she cut me off mid-question every time and was not a good advocate for me to Dr. Gray. I can't recommend this office.
RID: 1163371
05/05/10 4 4 5 5 I had great experiences with Dr. Gray. He delivered both of my kids and the deliveries were both terrific. My daughter was facing the wrong way (sunny side up) and he had no problems. His experience shows in the delivery room. I would reccomend Dr. Gray to my best friend and family members.
RID: 1069910
05/01/10 5 5 5 5 I love Dr.Gray I have been going to him for 12 years and have not one complaint. I just had my first baby three months ago and all though dr Gray did not deliver him the staff at St. Jude was wonderful. Was deff worth the 20 min drive every month.
RID: 849667
01/04/09 2 1 5 5 Dr. Gray is a great Dr. i've had him as my doctor for 2 pregnacies. He's only been able to deliver one of them tho. The only downside to having him as a dr. is the wait time..very, very long wait even worse that you have to pay for parking! With the 2nd pregnancy they didn't realize i didn't have a lab done until almost it was time for me to deliver..his staff is very unfriendly even if you try hard to talk to them..some have made me feel welcome well others could careless...Overall his care is worth most of the issues. St.Jude is a great hospital with great labor and delivery nurses
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 708102
23/10/08 2 3 4 3 Dr. Gray was nice and kept me at ease during my pregnancy care. However, I felt so rushed during routine visits that I didn't have a chance to ask all of my questions. Also, I didn't like how I developed a trust in him over the pregnancy, but when it came to deliver my son, he was on call when I was induced and then I didn't see him until the day I was discharged from St Jude. I'm sure that works fine for the dr.s schedules at the Medical Center for Women, but during my labor and delivery, I went through 5 different doctors! Luckily, they were all nice and professional and there were no complications, but I was a little uncomfortable under the care of unfamiliar doctors. Also, if I didn't have an appointment in the AM, I was forced to wait over an hour for a 5 minutes visit (they almost forgot me in the exam room at a 4:30 appointment).
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 163495
28/02/07 1 1 3 I cannot express how frustrating & inadequate my experience with Dr. Gray & his sassy staff was. Fundamental tests such as my HCG levels weren't taken at the time of my initial appt yet I blood taken and cultures done. How does a Dr. miss that? (That piece of info became imperative when I ended up miscarrying.) My ave. wait was 1hr and to add insult to injury I was told by an RN whom I never met, to abort because a heartbeat was not found "you should take the morning after pill or have an abortion". (The RN did not even know my name without looking at my chart and asked me who my doctor was.) Needless to say, I changed doctors. Once my bills came, not only was a charged for an apt where he did not have my info & I was to reschedule after waiting over an hour, but I have to pay $15 to retrieve my medical history/lab work even through a doctor to doctor request was made. This is not at all the experience I expected & feel the staff is subpar & cold hearted.
RID: 75098
31/12/06 4 5 4 Dr. Gray is a wonderful doctor. He always comes in and sits down to talk with you about your concerns. He never makes you feel rushed. He is very caring. I would recommend him to everyone!  Respond
RID: 12523
19/09/05 5 5 5 he is the best! He delivered both of my daughters and I have recommended him to everyone I know.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 12030
09/09/05 5 5 5 Dr. Gray did a wonderful job and I would go back to him anytime! He is also quite handsome  Respond