Rate Dr. Jon J. Warner

Dr. Jon J. Warner's Ratings

Had a great outcome after decades of shoulder instability and a prior failed stabilization surgery. Dr. Warner did a Latarjet procedure to definitively stabilize the joint. He is one of the most recognized experts in this procedure and it shows--he was clear and confident, but also explained everything very carefully. I am 9 months post-op and am very pleased with the outcome--rock-solid stability and good range of motion. Excellent strength. Dr Warner and his fellows were very available and responsive via email. Only downsides are that Dr. Warner is in a very busy academic practice--clinic often ran late, and a rotating army of med students, residents and fellows were involved in each visit. Most concerning is that appointments, even post-op follow-ups, were very difficult to schedule, often involving multiple calls and moved dates. Still, everything got done when it had to. Overall, I can't recommend enough--he is the last word for unstable shoulders.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087523].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

Dr. Warner is a wonderful surgeon. I had great results, no pain and no problems. I followed instructions exactly, did my physical therapy until the doctor said I was done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2014

I am currently 62 years old and had both of my shoulders totally replaced by Dr. Warner, one in Nov. of 2011, and the other in Nov.2012. Prior to my surgeries I couldn't even reach for a glass in the cabinet or adjust the car radio without a lot of pain or supporting one arm with the other. To turn over in bed I would have to grab one arm with the other to just go from one side to the other. I then saw Dr. Warner and he took plenty of time with me and discussed my options and what to expect and not expect from the surgeries. Dr. Warner did a great job on both of my shoulders, his skill and expertise were incredible. He was concerned and compassionate about every one of my concerns. Every staff member that I came in contact with was very professional and extremely helpful. I am currently pain free. I go to the gym, I ride my just ski, drive my boat, play a little tennis and do some yard work too. Thank you Dr. Warner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2013

I live with daily, severe pain along my shoulder and left arm for years, due to an accident resulting in a severe neck injury. I've been to physical therapy many times, over 7 years, and was referred to Dr. Jon Warner by my MGH dermatologist, who also diagnosed me with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. Dr. Warner did the quickest exam possible, and spent more time questioning me why I was not working since my accident as about my shoulder pain. He forced me to spend my appointment with him, which I'd waited several months for, defending my disability due to chronic pain. He was dismissive to my comments, and condescending about my condition, telling the resident doctor with him that I didn't even have EDS at all. He determined this not by my medical history, like my MGH dermatologist, but by bending my thumb in the wrong direction, attempting a single, remedial EDS test. He never understood the depth of my medical history of injuries due to hyperextension... and didn't want to hear it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2013

I could not have picked a better doctor than Dr. Warner for my shoulder surgery, Five small holes ,nothing major. After the surgery the MOST important thing was to be faithful to the therapy,without that you may as well not have the operation !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2013

I was referred to this surgeon by the first ortho I saw in my hometown after a displaced clavicle fracture. A plate and several screws later, I feel satisfied with the work. I agree with many others that his demeanor is less than warm, although I don't drive into town and wait for over an hour to see him for a friendly chat over tea. It was a bit insulting, however, when, after I developed frozen shoulder from too much time in a sling and not being told to start moving it soon enough (fault of his team, but I never said anything), he actually turned to my fiance and said that frozen shoulder sometimes develops as a result of being uptight (nice). Oh well, again- you don't go to these specialists for their personalities, but for their expertise, and I'm thankful for his work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087519].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2013

Dr. Warner is an excellent surgeon. He has a very professional and courteous staff. I highly recommend this practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087518].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

I turned to Dr. Warner after having 2 shoulder surgeries (SLAP tear repair for the first surgery and debridement for the second surgery) that left me with a frozen shoulder and limited use of the affected arm with almost no cartilage left on the posterior rim of the glenohumaral joint. As a 39 year old Police Officer who had been injured while on duty I was facing an involuntary medical retirement due to the poor range. Dr. Warner completed a comprehensive exam with an accompanying CT Scan and gave me several options and an honest opinion. I chose the least invasive option with his guidance which was a capsule release for the frozen shoulder along with debridement of built up arthritis and massive amounts of inflammation. Only 5 short months later I am back on patrol and enjoying a healthy workout schedule. Words can't express the gratitude I have for Dr. Warner and his caring and helpful staff. My only regret is that I hadn't sought out his expertise prior to my first surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087517].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Creme de la Creme: Worth a Trip From ANYWHERE Dr Warner is extremely knowledgeable; he is recognized internationally as one of the most talented shoulder surgeons/experts in the world. He wrote the textbooks and headed the research that other shoulder surgeons rely on. Dr. Warner does not waste any time but is patient with questions. I found Dr. Warner to be highly compassionate -- even encouraging me to be kinder to myself. Going to Dr. Warner is unequivocally worth a trip from anywhere-- I travel hundreds of miles. Nurses in the operating room have the opportunity to see EVERYTHING that goes on behind the scenes. Significantly, my nurse stated-- ''You have the best of the best working on you, the "Creme de la Creme". P.S. I found Dr. Warner's Web Site to be very educational. Missy is the ultimate Practice Manager and makes certain that patients' needs are met completely and expeditiously. Susan, Albany, N.Y.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087516].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

I had both shoulders done,(total replacement) six years apart. No pain, almost 100% use, even the scar is negligible. Great job!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2087515].votes_count ]]