Dr. Jon J. Warner

Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 61 reviews. Dr. Jon J. Warner has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: how man successful total replacement surgeries has he done in a year?    Email me    Answer it
Q: how many hip replacementssuccess?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3817987
21/01/14 5 3 5 5 Had a great outcome after decades of shoulder instability and a prior failed stabilization surgery. Dr. Warner did a Latarjet procedure to definitively stabilize the joint. He is one of the most recognized experts in this procedure and it shows--he was clear and confident, but also explained everything very carefully. I am 9 months post-op and am very pleased with the outcome--rock-solid stability and good range of motion. Excellent strength. Dr Warner and his fellows were very available and responsive via email. Only downsides are that Dr. Warner is in a very busy academic practice--clinic often ran late, and a rotating army of med students, residents and fellows were involved in each visit. Most concerning is that appointments, even post-op follow-ups, were very difficult to schedule, often involving multiple calls and moved dates. Still, everything got done when it had to. Overall, I can't recommend enough--he is the last word for unstable shoulders.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 3652951
10/01/14 5 2 5 5 Dr. Warner is a wonderful surgeon. I had great results, no pain and no problems. I followed instructions exactly, did my physical therapy until the doctor said I was done.
RID: 3641973
24/12/13 5 5 5 5 I am currently 62 years old and had both of my shoulders totally replaced by Dr. Warner, one in Nov. of 2011, and the other in Nov.2012. Prior to my surgeries I couldn't even reach for a glass in the cabinet or adjust the car radio without a lot of pain or supporting one arm with the other. To turn over in bed I would have to grab one arm with the other to just go from one side to the other. I then saw Dr. Warner and he took plenty of time with me and discussed my options and what to expect and not expect from the surgeries. Dr. Warner did a great job on both of my shoulders, his skill and expertise were incredible. He was concerned and compassionate about every one of my concerns. Every staff member that I came in contact with was very professional and extremely helpful. I am currently pain free. I go to the gym, I ride my just ski, drive my boat, play a little tennis and do some yard work too. Thank you Dr. Warner.
Respond

11/12/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 3617565

24/11/13 4 4 1 1 I live with daily, severe pain along my shoulder and left arm for years, due to an accident resulting in a severe neck injury. I've been to physical therapy many times, over 7 years, and was referred to Dr. Jon Warner by my MGH dermatologist, who also diagnosed me with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. Dr. Warner did the quickest exam possible, and spent more time questioning me why I was not working since my accident as about my shoulder pain. He forced me to spend my appointment with him, which I'd waited several months for, defending my disability due to chronic pain. He was dismissive to my comments, and condescending about my condition, telling the resident doctor with him that I didn't even have EDS at all. He determined this not by my medical history, like my MGH dermatologist, but by bending my thumb in the wrong direction, attempting a single, remedial EDS test. He never understood the depth of my medical history of injuries due to hyperextension... and didn't want to hear it.
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Jon" to "Jon J."
RID: 2882351
27/09/13 5 5 5 5 I could not have picked a better doctor than Dr. Warner for my shoulder surgery, Five small holes ,nothing major. After the surgery the MOST important thing was to be faithful to the therapy,without that you may as well not have the operation !
RID: 2825178
30/08/13 4 2 4 5 I was referred to this surgeon by the first ortho I saw in my hometown after a displaced clavicle fracture. A plate and several screws later, I feel satisfied with the work. I agree with many others that his demeanor is less than warm, although I don't drive into town and wait for over an hour to see him for a friendly chat over tea. It was a bit insulting, however, when, after I developed frozen shoulder from too much time in a sling and not being told to start moving it soon enough (fault of his team, but I never said anything), he actually turned to my fiance and said that frozen shoulder sometimes develops as a result of being uptight (nice). Oh well, again- you don't go to these specialists for their personalities, but for their expertise, and I'm thankful for his work.
RID: 2712221
18/07/13 5 3 5 5 Dr. Warner is an excellent surgeon. He has a very professional and courteous staff. I highly recommend this practice.  Respond
RID: 2667426
31/05/13 5 4 5 5 I turned to Dr. Warner after having 2 shoulder surgeries (SLAP tear repair for the first surgery and debridement for the second surgery) that left me with a frozen shoulder and limited use of the affected arm with almost no cartilage left on the posterior rim of the glenohumaral joint. As a 39 year old Police Officer who had been injured while on duty I was facing an involuntary medical retirement due to the poor range. Dr. Warner completed a comprehensive exam with an accompanying CT Scan and gave me several options and an honest opinion. I chose the least invasive option with his guidance which was a capsule release for the frozen shoulder along with debridement of built up arthritis and massive amounts of inflammation. Only 5 short months later I am back on patrol and enjoying a healthy workout schedule. Words can't express the gratitude I have for Dr. Warner and his caring and helpful staff. My only regret is that I hadn't sought out his expertise prior to my first surgery.
RID: 2641297
06/05/13 4 4 5 5 Creme de la Creme: Worth a Trip From ANYWHERE Dr Warner is extremely knowledgeable; he is recognized internationally as one of the most talented shoulder surgeons/experts in the world. He wrote the textbooks and headed the research that other shoulder surgeons rely on. Dr. Warner does not waste any time but is patient with questions. I found Dr. Warner to be highly compassionate -- even encouraging me to be kinder to myself. Going to Dr. Warner is unequivocally worth a trip from anywhere-- I travel hundreds of miles. Nurses in the operating room have the opportunity to see EVERYTHING that goes on behind the scenes. Significantly, my nurse stated-- ''You have the best of the best working on you, the "Creme de la Creme". P.S. I found Dr. Warner's Web Site to be very educational. Missy is the ultimate Practice Manager and makes certain that patients' needs are met completely and expeditiously. Susan, Albany, N.Y.
RID: 2613313
10/04/13 5 5 4 5 I had both shoulders done,(total replacement) six years apart. No pain, almost 100% use, even the scar is negligible. Great job!
RID: 2612689
09/04/13 5 5 5 5 I had a total shoulder replacement. Everything Dr. Warner told me in our first meeting was exactly how it went down. I could not have been treated any better. From the staff at reception to Dr. Warner himself. My wife described Dr. Warner as " very confident". if you ask me, that is a great quality to have in someone who is going to cut you open, saw & drill on your bones. I have been asked a few times if i'm glad I had the operation. My response is always YES. It took me two years to decide to have the operation. my only wish is I had done it sooner. Thank You Dr. Warner
RID: 2587120
16/03/13 5 3 5 5 I am so happy with the results of my total shoulder replacement...tomorrow markes my three month since surgery...I will be finished with PT within two weeks. Bob Worden, my physical therapist and his associate Barbara have worked with me three times a week and I also work hard at home..I had surgery December 17th and at the four week appointment with Dr. Warner I could barely lift my arm, with all the hard work I can now lift my arm over my head with NO pain..I am pain free all thanks to my doctor Jon Warner, my physical therapists and myself for working so hard. I am hoping I can be an inspiration to others who are suffering with tremendous shoulder pain. Thank you, Dr. Jon Warner.
RID: 2553406
07/02/13 5 5 5 5 I am very Happy with the results and I am already back at the gym. I have 100% usage in my shoulder and have no more pain. It was a great decision to have my shoulder replacement.
See Responses
RID: 2536384

20/01/13 3 1 1 2 I saw Dr. Warner for a total shoulder replacement. He said that I had 'garden variety arthritis' and was a perfect candidate for the surgery which was scheduled for January, 2012. I was 71 at the time and in excellent physical health. About an hour into the surgery, my family received a call from the surgeon that "things hadn't gone as planned". Several hours later I awoke, surrounded by family to be told that the operation hadn't happened. What had happened is that the careless surgical team had yanked my arm high above my head and in so doing had ripped an artery which had attached to the bone. The result was a serious bleed out, an emergency call to a vascular surgeon to stop the bleeding and a ceasing of the partially done surgery. My recovery led to a serious pneumonia and after 9 days at MGH I went home a very sick person. The surgeons were careless, they almost killed me and now, a year later, I am still only 80% recovered. Arrogance and carelessness aren't good in your doctor.
See Responses
RID: 2504462
18/12/12 4 4 5 5 Dr. Warner was clear and confident about what would happen and when. A great experience from initial meeting through surgery and follow up.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 2450702
18/10/12 5 5 5 5 Doctor Warner saved me. Through a series of injuries over a lifetime of competitive sports, i had ruined my left shoulder, doing massive, irreparable harm to my rotator system. Previous attempt to repair at a RI hospital had failed, and I was referred to Doc Warner by my friend, Doctor Jessie Jupiter at the Mass. General. Doc Warner replaced my useless, destroyed left shoulder with a "total reverse prothesis" joint just 3 months ago, and for the first time in 6 years, I am again using my left arm. I had lost hope. Now I will be competing in the National Senior Olympics in Cleveland in July 2013. Doc Warner is the best, and all can do is thank him. Shoulder problems? Failed previous shoulder repairs? You would do well to see Doc Warner. I have had 11 sports' related operations in my life, beginning in High School, and Doc Warner is the best of them all. Thanks Doc, Rick Elliott
RID: 2446643
14/10/12 5 4 5 5 I was helped immeasurably after being told I had no options and was too old for surgery(at age 58 at the time) in another setting. Surgery has been very successful to this point. THe care offered has been exceptional including ancillary staff that work in the office for Dr. Warner. I never mind waiting if I know what is going on when I sign in for an appt.
RID: 2439541
05/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Warner did a complete shoulder replacement, and I couldn't be more pleased. The recovery has been far easier than I had hoped. I haven't had anything more than a Tylenol since about the third day. It's unbelievable that I can now do things with ease that used to be so painful, and I wish I'd done this four years ago! If I ever need the other shoulder done, I would see Dr. Warner again without hesitation.  Respond
RID: 2434261
27/09/12 5 5 5 5 I had previously been scheduled for shoulder surgery in another area of the state but due to the complex nature of my shoulder injury following a fall, I decided to make an appointment with Dr. Warner- a shoulder specialist. I am very relieved that I ended up choosing Dr. Warner for my surgery, which was a complete success. Even my follow up physical therapists were amazed by the complexity of my surgery and that it was done entirely by arthroscopy. I am now progressing to the 3 month post-op strengthening phase of physical therapy and doing exceedingly well. I am virtually pain free. I would highly recommend Dr. Warner for any aspect of shoulder care.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 2426139
16/09/12 5 5 5 5 For anyone who has dealt with major shoulder pain,there is only one doctor in the WORLD to see,Dr.Jon Warner.I had a previous surgery from another surgeon,what a mistake.For two years after surgery the pain was horrible,could not funtion like I was used to.Well Dr.Warner took excellent care of me.I can honestly say that within a few days I could tell that this surgery was a success.It has now been less than 7 weeks,I am back at work installing boilers and I am pain free.Thank you Dr. Warner so much.Some friendly advice to anyone dealing with major shoulder problems,Dr. Warner is the man.If you have shoulder problems and do not see Dr.Warner, then you should look for a good psychiatrist.
RID: 2414941
31/08/12 5 5 5 5 Doctor Warner is a world class physician/surgeon. He goes out of his way for his patients to provide them with the utmost care. He is a very intelligent well spoken man and has an uncanny ability to translate that knowledge to his patients. His surgical skills are the real reason I reccommend him however, as they are absolutely top notch. I have been struggling with multiple botched shoulder surgeries for several years now as a young adult before coming to see Dr. Warner. He was able to successfully surgically treat my shoulder and restore my full Range of motion as well as significantly reduce my shoulder pain.
RID: 2412529
28/08/12 5 4 5 5 I am a police officer who injured his left shoulder while on duty. I was evaluated by a very well respected orthopedic surgeon. After surgery I was not progressing yet he told me nothing was wrong. Fellow officers suggested that I make an appointment with Dr. Warner. I did, and while being interviewed by his fellow, I told him of my trepidation at going to another surgeon, he assured me that I was in the “right place” and, that Dr. Warner specializes in fixing other doctor’s mistakes. He was right! Dr Warner is amazing! He diagnosed my problem immediately as labrum tears (missed by my previous surgeon) and his office diagnosis was confirmed by a ct arthrogram. Now 8 months removed from major surgery I am returning to work. Thank you Dr. Warner!! You not only allowed me to return to work (which my wife is very thankful for) but you gave me my life back. Because of what he did for me my physical therapist recommends him to her patients as well. My golf game awaits!!
RID: 2403644
17/08/12 5 3 5 5 After two previous surgeries on my shoulder I decided to research specialists in Boston, which is how I found Dr. Warner.I have been in chronic pain for close to 4 years, then I had repair surgery by Dr. Warner and I no longer suffer from daily pain-it is incredible. I am nearly 3 months post-op and I went on a three hour kayak trip yesterday completely pain free. It is amazing!!!However not only is Dr Warner my Hero right now but I have to say his staff is not only professional and courteous but also extremely accomodating, which was wonderful because each trip down to Boston was an adventure and we were not always on time. His staff would call me at home to see how things were going and I truly felt (for the first time) like someone really cared about my situation as a person not just another case . I highly recommend Dr Warner and his staff to meet your needs if you are in search of a highly skilled orthopedic surgeon for shoulder repair. As far as punctuality,he is worth thewait
RID: 2329421
06/07/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Jon Warner provided me with excellent care before, during and after my shoulder surgery. His caring, expertise and presence is a model to be used in the present and in the future. As a result of his professionalism my arm is back to normal-99%. Dr/ Warner,You are gift to humanity. Thanks! Ursula Tisdall, osf
RID: 2288574
24/06/12 5 5 5 5 I had right rotator cuff surgery on 5/30/12. I arrived at MGH in Waltham at 6:30 am and was on my way home by around 11:00 am. I was extremely impressed with the entire experience. Dr. Warner and the entire staff at MGH in Waltham and Boston made my surgical experience second to none. I was surprised to receive a video of the entire procedure, which I found very interesting. After watching this video several times is when I truly realized the skill and knowledge that Dr. Warner possessed. I would like to thank everyone at MGH for all that you have done for me and my family. Sincerly, Tom Wilson
RID: 2179872
31/05/12 5 4 5 5 Thank-you Dr. Warner for giving me my life back. I had a reverse shoulder replacement one year ago by Dr. Warner. Until that time I had been in severe pain for about two years. I am now pain free and credit it all to Dr. Warner. His staff was always very kind and helpful whenever I called or went to his office.
RID: 2084725
27/04/12 5 3 4 5 Excellent total shoulder replacement 100% recovery. Have no restricted motions. Able to to do upper body workout using low weights with no problems.
RID: 2004686

10/04/12 4 1 1 2 I have severe pain along both scapulars. I've been told I have scapular winging and problems with my rhomboids by other doctors. I've been to physical therapy twice, both times making the pain worse. I can barely use my arms because of the pain. Dr. Warner did a cursory exam and told me he would sent me to physical therapy if I wanted. He spent as much time questioning me why I was out of work as about my shoulder problem. I tried to explain that I'd already been to physical therapy, that everything I did made the pain worse. He was somewhat condescending, telling me that he was the doctor. I felt like he never understood the extent of my problem and didn't really care.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1724821
28/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Warner gave me my life back. I was in constant, severe pain from a tramatic injury. The only way I could move my my left arm was to lift it with my right arm. Dr. Warner repaired what I thought was a hopeless case. He is nothing short of AWESOME!
RID: 1716033
17/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Warner is the best in his field. My experience was fantastic. His staff is the best that I have ever encountered and the attention that give to their patients is second to none. I would recommend Dr Warner to anyone
Respond

29/01/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1681516
09/01/12 5 4 4 5 After two years of increasing arthritic pain in my right shoulder, I was referred to Dr. Jon Warner. He performed a total shoulder replacement about a year ago. After four months of physical therapy, I renewed my activities (including biking and tennis) and experience no pain--that's the best part; even the incision is hard to find. The Mass General Hospital, Dr. Warner, his fellows, and his staff in the Shoulder Service all treated me promptly and with courtesy and understanding. The web site prepared me for what to expect before, during and after the procedure. If I ever have to have the left shoulder worked on, I would choose the Shoulder Service again.
RID: 1679545
07/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Warner came very highly recommended by three top orthopedic surgeons in New England. Two of the three had performed three shoulder surgeries on my left arm. I broke it close to the shoulder in a skiing accident two years ago. The 3rd surgery was aborted as the doctor could not successfully replace the joint due to excessive scar tissue and bone deformity. They all directed me to Dr. Warner as being the best in this field of surgery. Dr. Warner is very straight forward and no nonsense. He met with me, did his own tests and determined that I needed a reverse shoulder replacement. He and his staff were great: we always felt important and well cared for. Mass General was a great experience as well. In and out in two days, with doctor calls to my home to check up on me. I am six weeks post surgery and right on schedule with my recover and PT. Dr. Warner's website outlining the protocol has been very helpful to my PT - can't stop raving about it. Thank you Dr. Warner!!  Respond
RID: 1679204
06/01/12 4 4 5 5 I am not new to shoulder injuries. I have had surgery twice before on my left shoulder and decided to go see Dr. Warner for the surgery I needed to repair my right shoulder. Other than the scar you would never notice that I had surgery done to my right shoulder. I believe that Dr. Warner is a very talented surgeon and has been very helpful in addressing all of my concerns. Thanks for everything Dr. Warner, I will try to stay out of trouble, Neil.
RID: 1675088
03/01/12 5 4 4 5 Dr. Warner is an acute proffessional and I'm sure is highly regarded in his field. I feel the success of the latisimus dorsi tendon transfer would not be the same without his experience and knowledge. Dr. Warner also communicated to me very effectively on all accounts prior to and after the procedure.Without the successfullnes of the procedure, the outcome and quality of my life would not have been the same. I would sincerely like to thank Dr. Warner.
Insurance: HealthFirst
RID: 1673511
31/12/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Warner and his staff are first rate.I was referred to Dr. Warner by an orthopedic surgeon that had twice attempted to repair a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder and thought that the tear was beyond repair. He recommended Dr. Warner because of his success with difficult tears. I am six months past my surgery and the shoulder is feeling great and my range of motion is excellent with minimal pain.
Respond

21/12/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1654261
06/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Warner changed my life! I was in great pain and discomfort after shoulder surgery in Hartford, CT which resulted in an infection. Dr Warner removed the infected prosthetic, treated the infection and inserted a new prosthetic. I now have about 80% of the range of motion of my shoulder and I have no pain. The surgery was performed on my right shoulder and I am right handed. I have returned to playing tennis and now play 3 - 4 times a week. I could not possibly rate Dr. Warner any higher.
RID: 1654252
06/12/11 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Doctor Warner since 2000. I was badly wounded in combat. Had serious damage done to my left shoulder joint area. As of today (12/6/2011) my pain level is the lowest it has been since 1988! He is a very skilled surgeon. I would recommend him to any one without reservation. I also like his staff and how his office function. It has always been a positive experience for me. He performed a hemi-arthoplasty in 2000. Due to unforeseen events. He had to replace it with a prostalac in 2008. He saved my shoulder and I can ride my motorcycle and enjoy a full life! He is a dedicated professional and will do his best to resolve your orthopedic issues! He is one of the best in New England, if not the country!
Respond

31/08/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1485567
13/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Warner is a great surgeon,being an arm amputee I came to him with a serious problem on my remaining arm of having my shoulder in need of repair.He did the job and my arm is like new .He is ooutstanding. DrWarner U THE MAN  Respond
RID: 1363399
15/02/11 5 5 5 5 I have reviewed many of the posts below concerning Dr. Warner and, in the main, one should find comfort in the positive ones and rightly ignore the negative ones. I am a 53-year-old professional and athletic. I have also had several sports medicine surgeries (4 different shoulder surgeries and an Achilles tendon repair). In the past, I have been repaired by the extraordinary Drs. Arthur Boland and Bert Zarins. Even in this context, Dr. Warner is a supremely knowledgeable, wonderfully talented practitioner. He and his staff treat everyone with the utmost courtesy, kindness and professionalism. I never experienced excessive wait times and never felt that I was treated rudely by the Doctor or his staff. Dr. Warner never spoke overly technically or condescendingly to me. I am 4 months post-op after a chest/shoulder rebuild, and the results so far are much better than I had hoped. It is, therefore, without reservation that I highly recommend this excellent surgeon.  Respond
RID: 1295154
16/11/10 5 5 5 5 Was extremely helpful in solving my extremely painful and lengthy shoulder problem (unresolved from prior doctor) -  Respond
RID: 1278163
23/10/10 5 3 5 5 He's a brilliant surgeon, the surgery went very well. I am very pleased with the results; I had a lot of shoulder pain prior to surgery and very limited use of my arm. Following the surgery, I have NO pain other than the therapy which to be expected. The shoulder itself is very much improved and I am looking forward to a complete recovery. Thanks again - Dr. Warner.
RID: 1273660
18/10/10 5 5 5 5 dr. warner is the only doctor that could repair my shoulder and do it right. 25 years of suffering and i meen suffering i had less than 15% use and i couldn't get a good night sleep. he is very blunt and firm about what will happen and but if you listen to him you will be like me. he did a complete shoulder replacement and i was in hospital for only 2 day i was playing golf 95 days latter. i never had to take a pain med once i left hospital. i just went for my 1 year check up and i only have 5%diffrence between shoulders amazing amazing..... so with that said he is the best of the best in my books. i see other post and sounds like most people just dont like doctors . the doctors office isnt a social spot but a place you usualy get bad news . so dont blame him for doing his job.. thank you dr.warner.joe.s.  Respond
RID: 1258000
24/09/10 5 4 5 5 I think my ratings are self-explanatory. The less-than-five for punctuality merely shows that the system rules; no physician/staff can stay ahead of the clock and still deliver service. The fives everywhere else reflect this guy's smarts, dedication, patience and candor, and his managerial and technical skills.
RID: 1252672
17/09/10 4 4 4 4 Supposedly teh best shoulder person. However, after making the trip to his office, the experience was disappointing. He travels with a group of students and you feel overlooked, like a specimen, while they talk about your problem. Definitely rushed in and out. Too bad, he's supposed to be talented. Did not have surgery done after all.  Respond
RID: 1236045
24/08/10 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Warner's for the past few years. And, like others who have been privileged to have been under the highly skilled care of this Dr.,I can attest with profound conviction that he has treated me with such kindness and empathy and keeping "me" in mind all the time. His staff's opinion of the Dr.is extremely commendable. His renowned reputation precedes him in the community. His care, treatment, teaching skills, and compassion, surpasses any orthopedic surgeon I have ever been treated by. Dr. Warner takes the road less travelled and by this I mean he is quite conservative. I respect him to the utmost depth of my being. The real reason I hold him in such high esteem is that he listens. He is one of a few who truly listens and hears what you have to say. I'm a Registered Nurse and have over 20 years experience as an Operating Room Nurse and I have had multiple orthopedic procedures which allows me to own all of the above mentioned information. HE IS THE BEST!
RID: 1232158
19/08/10 5 4 4 5 COULD BE A TOUCH MORE PERSONABLE AND SPEND A BIT LONGER WITH PATIENTS. BUT IN THE END A BRILLIANT SURGEON WHICH I GUESS IS ALL THAT REALLY MATTERS
RID: 1231672
18/08/10 5 4 5 5 My experience with Dr. Warner and his staff has been an excellent one. He is an extremely skilled surgeon and approaches a problem with the least risk to the patient. He has stated to me on several occasions " I will make you better, not worse" . I presented Dr. Warner with a rather unique situation and he took a very conservative approach to my situation. I was 100% satisfied with the surgical results.
RID: 1228939
14/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Warner saved my life and my arm from a prior surgery that went wrong ((not by him I must say). His knowledge and his expertise are above and beyond what you can imagine. He is THE BEST and it reflects in his care with his patients and their families. I will never go to another surgeon but him and if he can't do it I will go with who HE and only He sugests. Any one who works with Dr. Warner, his fellows and staff are right up to par with his wishes concerning his patients and it shows. The care I received from Dr. Warner, his fellows, his staff and Mass General's staff was above and beyond what I expected. He, Dr, Warner, IS THE BEST . Sincerly Edward Zukowski
RID: 1227672
12/08/10 5 4 5 5 from initial visit to surgery and post surgery visits, this was the best experience i've ever had with a doctor.
RID: 1226933
11/08/10 4 4 5 5 Dr. Warner has been my surgeon for 10 years and has become more helpful and more knowledgeable over time. He has developed a much deeper sense of caring than in the early years of his practice, and his skill and experience, surgically, has restored function and decreased my pain significantly. I have referred family and friends to him and will continue to do so as long as he chooses to practice medicine.  Respond
RID: 1220446
02/08/10 5 4 5 5 My husband had Parkinsons and helping him I totally ruined my shoulder. Two different doctors said there was no help for me. I was in pain and my left arm was useless. One doctor in Sprinfield said there was only one doctor he thought could help me and it was Dr. Warner. I am out of pain and have the use of my arm. Dr. Warner is a miracle worker.
RID: 1213274
22/07/10 4 4 4 5 Dr. Warner has a style that may tend to offend some, but I found him to be very direct and to the point. I was referred to him for a possible latismus transfer. After conculting with Dr. Warner he felt as though he could take care of the problem with othroscopic sugery. Once inside they found far more damage than had been expected. The were able to repair all of the damage. Two completely torn and the other two hanging by a thread. Post-operation, most pain in shoulder is gone, movement has been better. i was told going in that i would probably not achieve full range of motion, but am pleasently surprised by the range I have. Biceps tendom was the most retracted and is still a source of discomfort, exactly as he told me. Over-all I am very happy. Had my company's insurer not dragged this on unnecessarily for over a year and a half, my results would have been far better than they are. I'll take a loss of some range over the pain anyday.
RID: 1211635
20/07/10 5 5 5 5 I was a patient of Dr Warner in the summer of 2009 for pain in my shoulder; of which I had major reconstuctive surgery on in 2001. Although Dr Warner was not the surgeon for the reconstruction; I was informed that the surgeon had worked for Dr Warner during his residency. From the time I scheduled my first consultation, through the MRI/Xray department and into my treatment; my experience was nothing short of professional. I was well informed on the condition of my shoulder, treatment recommended (which fortunatly was not additional surgery) and as of this point I have had no pain, discomfort or limitations. I highly recommend not only Dr Warner, but the staff at Mass General Orthopedics. This confidence is not based entirely on my recent experience, but also with the surgeon from 2001 who, coincidentally, is a product of Dr Jon Warner.
RID: 1209567
16/07/10 5 3 4 5 Dr. Warner operated on me twice in the past year, and the results have been excellent. His staff and the professionalism they all display are second to none. Although waiting times are sometimes a bit longer than desired, when I saw Dr. Warner I never felt rushed, and always had all my questions answered. At my first meeting, I was a bit put off by his style, but by the second meeting either he had changed or I had adapted, because I found him to be a delight to work with. If I had to have another shoulder surgery (which could happen!) I can think of no one better to turn to than Dr. Warner.
Paid (or co-pay): $200
RID: 1207377
13/07/10 5 4 5 5 I am extremely satisfied with the excellent care received from Dr.Warner for borderline irrepairable full thickness tears to supra and infraspinatus muscles and shredded biceps.MD was excellent;surgery was excellent, staff was always extremely courteous and professional. Doctor answered endless questions and never ever rushed or hurried me. I am returning to full time work tommorow, as a result of Dr. Warner's expert care and surgical expertise! I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND DR. WARNER and would not hesitate to go to him again for any shoulder related injury.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1091672
28/01/10 4 3 1 3 I didn't experience as much delay as others at my appointment. Sadly, that only meant that I got to experience this jerk sooner. I have never met a doctor so condescending and dismissive. I went in with a radiology report showing damage in my shoulder. He told me he didn't see whatever the radiologist saw, and he had no idea where my pain would be coming from. His only suggestion was to continue the PT (that has not helped in 6 months), then come back to see him in 4 weeks. He did his best to make me feel like an idiot for wasting his time. Anything I asked (to make sure I understood) was met with "I already told you that". I was warned he was a jerk by the doc who referred me, but he really takes the cake. I can't speak to his knowledge, but I can say I will not go back in spite of his reputation as a great shoulder guy. Stay away!
RID: 1063279
23/12/09 1 1 2 3 it is unbelievable how long he makes you wait...my shoulder clean up helped minimally...my shoulder is shorter across and my clothes fall off...he took too much off...ugh...and we trust these guys with our lives...his staff is very rude...guess it comes from the top...  Respond
RID: 1041592
23/11/09 1 1 1 1 Somehow this guy has other MDs convinced he knows what he's doing. Waiting time>>> how about nap time! Minimum of 2 hours. After my bankart "repair" I was in as much pain as before the repair. I've since seen some wonderful orthopedists at Children's. (imagine...they have a team of doctors who LISTEN to you!)And, although they tried their best they couldn't avoid my inevitable shoulder replacement (too young). Sent me to BWH. Brigham & Women's has a super group. Total shoulder later, while in PT 3 out of 5 of us had "dealings" with "Doctor" Warner. NONE of us was a product of success from him. ALL of us got the treatment we needed from someone else. I MIGHT recommend him to my worst enemy. As far as I'm concerned he's a 5ft 8in twerp who TRULY thinks he's God!
RID: 1012811
19/10/09 2 1 1 1 Totally disappointed with this guy. First appointment was canceled but no patients were called so many showed up only to find out he was out. Secretary at check in desk said that they had called patients, however none of us (at least 6 or 7 patients, one who arrived via ambulance from a nursing home) had received a call. Secretary was EXTREMELY RUDE, especially to woman on stretcher who was clearly in pain. Had to wait for hours when arrived for make up appointment. Extremely rude doctor, when asked questions about my injury he simply stated that he is the one with the MD and that I had no business asking questions. Very condescending. Ultimately told me less than any other doctor I saw, simply told me I had a shoulder dyskinesia, which means my shoulder is not working correctly. DUH! That's why I came to see him in the first place. When I asked him to further explain what was wrong he launched into his "I'm the MD" comments. Totally unprofessional and disrespectful.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 697055
06/10/08 1 1 1 5 Ask him if you can record the consultation and he will say no because he is concerned about malpractice issues. That alone should tell you all you need to know about this doctor. Recording a session with a doctor creates a 100 true record of what happened. The only doctors who are afraid of the truth are those with something to hide. My impressions (which are subjective and therefore NOT libelous): Very arrogant. Very unwilling to accomodate patienst. No regard for patients needs. See's the patient only as a shoulder needing replacement. Almost a Hollywood Stereotype of the impersonal narrow minded surgery who has no actual regard forthe parient, only for their surgery practice
RID: 12021
08/09/05 1 1 3 unfriendly, treats other professionals as though they are worthless, Quote:"I don't care what they think!", Rude, Imperious, disdainful, contemptuous. All in all fits the stereotypical "I am God" thinking of old fashioned doctors. Refuses to make effort to communicate with patient in a meaningful fashion. Questions about important life affecting questions are literally given one word answers.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user