Rate Dr. Alon Antebi

Dr. Alon Antebi's Ratings

I waited over about 2 hours to be seen. The staff when questioned about some of the paperwork I had to sign just to see him was less than helpful. I am on crutches and when opening a door or having to retrieve a clipboard most other places in hospital settings rush to help, not because I can't do it, but because their whole purpose is to help people...not so here apparently. I get asked or write down the same answers to questions given to me a total of 3x...why bother writing it down if no one is going to read it. When asked a third time why I was referred there, this time by Dr. A, it was asked very condescendingly and I was confused as to how he wanted me to answer because he asked the question differently and more specifically three times again. Don't get me wrong, I was having a very rough and painful morning but he only intimidated me and made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2481637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

The best orthopedic surgeon in the AV by far. Its always a pleasure with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2432349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

Dr. Antebi is a WONDERFUL surgeon. He is very to the point about what needs to be done as well as being very honest about what to expect from surgery/recovery/long term care and goals. I would highly recommend him to anyone that is in need of surgery for orthopedic reasons. Due to insurance reasons I was put off and unable to have very necessary surgery on my ankle (three breaks and a dislocation) for over 6 weeks. After seeing another surgeon and being turned down (for financial reasons as well as that surgeon not wanting to deal with my case due to the complications) I saw Dr. Antebi the day before Thanksgiving 2013. He scheduled me for surgery for 12/3/13 and he did a wonderful job. The outlook was grim but due to his expert repair I am as of today clear to walk again. I also want to point out that every single member of his staff are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They make you feel confident about being there and very welcome.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][902858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

I first met Dr A when I arrived to AVH after a bad car accident 2/2012.. I had many injuries includind a femur fracture, pelvis fracture,and a wrist fracture. Dr A was amazing. He was there for me and my family. All of my fractures have healed. I had extensive PT and a lot of ups and downs. Dr A gave me my life and function back. I will be forever gratefull!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][902857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][902856].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2012

I met Dr. Antebi as my son's ER doc when he shattered his wrist 07. He did a great job with his surgery, no problems. BUT... when I went to him for my shoulder surgery 09 (after 1 yr of appts) he only did 2 of the 3 things he said he would do. He told me & my hubby that I was to wear the sling for 2-3 days afterwards, then when I continued to go back to him he said NO, I was to wear it 2-3 WEEKS! He told me I would not need physical therapy because "You"re a motivated patient, you wont need it." I returned every month for 10 mnths, paying $30 copay each time, I stated each time something was wrong, I couldn't have a bra strap touching my shoulder, I hurt, couldn't sleep, ect. His final words to me "well your shoulder didn't come to me as a virgin, get another opinion." At that time he was NOT board certified. I would not go to him for a hang nail!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][902855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2012

Outstanding surgeon. He gave me back my life. Not a touchey feeley Doctor but he will do what is needed to make your life better. I do and have highly recommended this doctor to everyone in pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][902853].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2012

I can't really say how the doctor is. I've been in the waiting room for 40 minutes without seeing anyone. This is ridiculous.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][902854].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2011

This doctor is highly rude to female patients, demeaning, and belittling them (but only when a man is not in the room with them of course). His surgical skills are highly lacking, my wife had a fairly simple knee surgery that went wrong and has left her with a knee worse than before this hack operated. We are now seeing another doctor to get the damage this "man" did to her knee corrected. Do not send even someone you don't like to this ****.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][902852].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2010

Dr. Antebi is a skillfull surgeon. I shattered my left radial bone and compressed my carpal nerve in a motorcycle accident. I did not see him for follow up though because I found him to be arrogant, and lacking in a good bedside manner and professionalism. Upon our first meeting he did not introduce himself. The first words he spoke to me were "you really screwed up your wrist man." I expect at least the same amount of courtesy from my surgeon that I receive from the cashier at Mcdonalds. He is a fine surgeon but unless I was in another emergency I would make every effort to see another surgeon. that is not wholly accurate. Even if i was in an emergency situation I would still at least attempt the hour long drive to Los Angeles to avoid going under this man's knife again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][902851].votes_count ]]