Rate Dr. Michael G. Gibson

Dr. Michael G. Gibson's Ratings

Last week I called to ask for appointment for medication adjustment. Gladys was puntual & polite. She took my information & discussed the situation with Melissa. I never spoke with PA. I made a trip to the office to pick up a prescription for a med that I was on prior to my initial visit with Dr. Gibson. I was appalled that the dosage of the medication & the frequency had been reduced. This employee is a perfect example that Dr. Gibson advises to stay away from. She only wants to schedule procedures & make you feel guilty for needing medications for pain relief. I would hope that Dr. Gibson would investigate the manner in which his patients are being treated by this inconsideratestaff member.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][904601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2013

I wasted 8 yrs of my life seeing this quack. He prescribed way too much pain medicine, more than BCBS will pay for. Not all at once, but I was given Lortab, Percocet, Avinza and finally Fentanyl patches. You only see this guy for the new patient visit & procedures, & one of his PA's for follow-ups. I was discharged from the clinic for receiving shots from another physician. I could understand if it was for pill shopping which I never received or asked for from the new doc! I was still on the patch at a high dose of 100mcg. I called the office because I was terrified about going through withdraws. I only wanted their help to be weaned off. I was told to seek medical attention elsewhere. It took a while for me to get into a new pain clinic & they didn't prescribe the patch for more than 50mcg. I had to wean myself down, which some days was a living hell! Other than people dying from this stuff, it was originally given to keep cancer patients comfortable until they died!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][904598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

By far the best doctor I've seen for my back pain, he listens to you and works with you. He is very knowledgeable and is the best of the best.. Makes me HAPPY HAPPY..........

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][904597].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

I have been with this doctor 7+ years now. I used to be able to see this doctor at first, but for 5 or 6 yrs now I have seen a physician assistant. Before the PA, you speak with a nurse/office person who asks you how well your meds and procedures are working. If say I am having new problems, I am NEVER asked about these new problems from the PA. I used to feel validated and positive about my pain and that they were going to be able to fix the problem. Since I've been a patient this long, you'd think that my pain would be somewhat controlled. I have been on Fentanyl patches 3+ years and have heard horror stories from people trying to get off them. They used to provide some relief, but have been on them so long now that I feel like I would be better without them. I have never been a "doc shopper" for drugs, but I feel like now that most of the drugs I'm on now are doing more harm than good. The only time you get to see this doctor is on your first initial visit and if you get a procedure

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][904596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2011

1st visit with this MD today as referral. Terminated Dr. David Cosgrove as provider after 2 visits.(Read his reviews) Initial appt very lengthy, but thorough.Other than Cosgrove, new pt for pain management. Ongoing back pain 3+years.No answers,no positive results. Hx x3 blocks. Seen nurse practitioner, Melissa 1st,then Dr. Gibson.Dr. Gibson spent 1hr+ with me.As a healthcare professional myself,found he really listened,was knowledgeable and compassionate toward issues of chronic pain.For 1st time in long time feel optimistic that pain may be resolved or at least controlled so can resume previous quality of life.Procedure scheduled 1 week, which differs from previous blocks.From personal standpoint,been very resistant to enter pain mgt due to stigma,my profession and healthy respect controlled medications.Was not made to feel as if drug seeker and felt validated my pain real.First impression would recommend Dr.Gibson.Will post followup.Maybe MD been praying God provide.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][904595].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2010

Dr.Gibson is a very knowledgeable and helpful Dr. However, after your first or second Apt's. you are pawned off to his nursing staff and in particular, to his Physician Assistant who is very rude, apathetic, under educated and/or just plain incompetent! When I have made requests to see Dr. Gibson I'm continuously turned down and told that he is 'to busy' to see, or even in the very least speak with me. You would think that with him being your Primary Dr. you would at least be able to see him periodically (absolutely ridiculous). I had no reservations before these office changes came along about Highly recommending Dr. Gibson. But, due to the arrangements set forth now, I would not recommend him to anyone. Who wants a Dr. that is unavailable to his patients? Due to the fact that Dr. Gibson's current staff clearly does not share his views on quality patient care and 'to busy', he will lose current patients along with new ones and that is very unfortunate because he is a very good Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][904594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2010

Dr. Gibson has taked ALOT of time with me as his patient. I have has 2 spinal fusions and have suffered SERVRE nerve damage. Dr. Gibson has taken alot of time to talk to me and explain every little detail to me. The resuls of the proceedured performed by Dr. Gibson were amazing! I would highly recomend this dr to anyone...even my own children!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][904593].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2009

No time for patients, just procedures. His staff always knew when my insurance would pay for another procedure. I visited him about six times as a patient and probably spent less than 5 minutes talking to him. It was always a nurse or a PA.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][904592].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2009

I found a doctor that would finally listen to me and how my body was feeling , , He did in 6 months what my last doctor couldn't do in 2 years , He has a great staff and a clean office and exam rooms , my pain is much lower since I started seeing him , I will and have recommend him to other people and will continue to .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][904591].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2009

Dr. Gibson cares about the total wellbeing of all of his patients. He is thorough and takes time to listen to the patient. I have been going to him for 5 years and my pain is very managed, The epidurals and radiofrequency lesioning often called "procedures" have improved my health and gave me a better quality of life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][904590].votes_count ]]